Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROEDALE PRECISION

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I repeat: I have references of other spanish shooters that have rifles from Roedale Precision, and they are all very pleased by the quality, which they consider exceptional.

I want only to have my rifle and shooting with him, then everything will be forgotten. Pete has promised me that in one or two weeks I will have my rifle, and I believe Pete.

Greetings from Spain.

I've had two rifles from Roedale.
    one is our old 1960's sako 308 that got a complete makeover and a new Lothar Walther barrel. I wanted an accurate and reliable rifle.
    From day one it shot under half inch.
    The other was a souped up howa factory barrel sporter.
    It is worth the wait.

I shot this group with the Roedale Sako 308 yesterday. I am not a target shooter. 3-shot group 100m

sako308.jpg

The tuned howa stainless sporter in 22-250 5 shot group 100m

psetarget.jpg

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

It would be interesting to hear from an Irish gunsmith e.g. Fergal White and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 roedale

6.5x55
    As i stated in my opening words, I am the 1st to admit that things didnt go right for a variety of reasons.
    If you where able to comprihend that any problems suited me just as little as they suited you,where, apart from my not noting your change request, ( i was doing 100mph down the autobahn at the time !) all beyond my control.If you where able to accept an honest appology as sincere, and that most folks deserve a second chance, and if you where bit clever you might have realised that customers who went through the hard times with me and supported me get looked after a lifetime long, its very easy to give an extra 5% discount on a scope, pass the odd item through with 0 profit etc just to say thanks for sticking by me during my time of need.

Unfortunately, you chose to attempt to do me damage at every opertunity that presented itsself, and by the sound of things you are still hissing at the mouth.
    I am very sorry that your build didn't go as planned. Many factors where involved at the time that where beyond my control.

For the benefit of others.

In May 06 you ordered a custom 6.5x55 with a 1 in 10" twist for shooting light bullets from me and was told 3-5months for completion providing all parts arrive on time ,we agreed on that basics and I accepted your deposit and order. I then set about ordering all the parts. then we waited and waited waited ,waited .6 months passed , 1 batch of 6 actions from the Norwegan manufacturer Hansen (yours included)where shipped, together with a couple of mcmillan stocks i needed that Hansen had on shelf. The shipment arrived in Köln airport, I was notified to fax my dealers license to the department for importation in the Airport. Since that day, neither I or Hansen has seen hide or hair of the actions or stocks. you can imagine the hassle that then ensues. Luckily for me the sender is responsible for the shipment until it is signed for. But Hansen obviously wanted to wait and see if the package turned up. 3 months is the wait and see time before the shipping insurance will cover the loss. Shortly after the one part of the company got cancer, he recovered as far as i know, but delivery time went beyond an realistic date,12 months passed luckily your action did finaly arrive.but infact some actions ordered where never delieverd.

After 18months and more delays you decided that a different twist rate would be better suited to all allround hunting rifle as you now had some sika deer opertunities rather than the uncommon 10" which realy only made the rifle a long range foxing and roe deer gun. You contacted me as i was driving on the autobahn to work, and via mobile phone we had a chat, and was told no problem, might be a Typo, can't check whilst not in the workshop ,and that the rifle would arrive with correct barrel that was on the order and it was nearly ready to start build as nearly all parts where in,Unfortunately by the time i had been away a week working for the space agency, i had forgotten to check the twist rate on the order. So it stayed as it was, with a 1 in 10twist. a further 6 months where required to finish as I was only part time at the time. This all happened during the time of the reduction in team size in my Space Agency job and the illness of my wife. German Officials very slow with paper work processing, but delivering with out EU transfer papers was not an option. Then we couldn't get a courier to carry the rifle. Finaly the courier contract was signed up with the German GTA and it went. Unfortunately we delivered the rifle with the twist rate you originaly ordered. This was my fault as you did call. I learned from this experience and all change requests are now done in writing.

I requested you send the rifle back to Germany as it was garantied. You refused. I even offerd for you to fly over with the rifle and I would fit the new barrel whilst you where here, flight and accomodation paid ! You refused. Your refusal to return the rifle completely null and void your warranty and took the onus completely off me to do anything about it.

But. Because I am a stand up guy. (and not because of your threats to make an all out effort to log your self into every weapons orientated webforum world wide and carry out a campaign to ruin my reputation.) I agreed that I would replace the 1 in 10" barrell with a more suitable for heavier bullets 1 in 8" twist barrel. And in lieu of paying the fitting costs would provide a free sound moderator(same cost) agreeing this and carrying it out took another 13 months and 40-50 emails, simply becuase.1 you couldn't agree at first, and .2. this took us intothe phase of my building my workshop and bieng basicly closed for 8months. Finally, after getting the right paperwork, we got the new barrell delivered to Ireland. You had agreed to return the 1 in 10" barrel once the 1 in 8" arrived and was fitted. To this day i have not recieved the barrel back.

As soon as I recieve the barrel. i will be most happy to send you a free example of our new moderator. I'm sure you will be happy to know that the diploma study into the design and developement of sound supressors for firearms at the University of Applied Science was completed last month and the new moderators are a result of that scientific work.

If you were the last customer on this earth , i would realy think twice about offering you my services again.

Jonathan, I don't bear a grudge but unfortunately you do.I am still waiting from my barrel back you promised 18 months ago!!!.Once it is returned i will honour my offer to send you a moderator.

End of my comments on that.

Now if this whole thing is going to turn into a Pete bashing thread, and the past must keep on bieng dragged up, I see no further point in my input on this forum at all.

I only chimed in in the beginning to say, we are alive and kicking. yes things didnt go right in the past, this is why.this is what we have done, and are doing about it.

Now either that is accepted or not.

johngalway. as i'm sat at the pc waiting for the engraver to finish its run, i have time to type, otherwise it would be briefer.

jwshooter, i'm under pressure as i'm 3 months late with the start of my series custom rifle production due to my Dad's health and then death, That pressure is self inflicted as i want to be on with the job. taking on the work i can do hasn't been a problem since the new workshop was built, getting the parts to fullfill the work has. Thats why ive undertaken to maufacture as much localy as can be done.

patsat, my big problem is that everyone who calls here on the phone wants to talk to me, if i let that happen i get asked loads of questions that, whilst bieng maybe interesting, hold me up. eg.whats the best bullet for a 90kg wild boat at 400m, which primers should i use with a tikka t3 in 22.250, what do i need for paperwork if i want to hunt in Scotland. even life stories. I feel like a cross between the Pope at confession, wikipedia for gun nuts and the forestry comission visitorcentre information service.
    But my staff are helping out and things are moving in the right direction nicely. Expanding we are, and i'm positive of the outcome.

regards Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

roedale wrote: »

...all beyond my control

...if you where bit clever you might have realised...

...by the sound of things you are still hissing at the mouth

...where beyond my control.

...by the time i had been away a week working for the space agency, i had forgotten to check the twist rate on the order

German Officials very slow with paper work processing...

Then we couldn't get a courier to carry the rifle

Your refusal to return the rifle completely null and void your warranty and took the onus completely off me to do anything about it

If you were the last customer on this earth , i would realy think twice about offering you my services again.

Pete,

With all due respect, I'd take a step back from this thread for a while, as the above snippets are what I took from a quick scan of your post. I don't think any of the above will help your business.

If members of forums want to rubbish your reputation, let them crack on. The way to prove them wrong is get the work out on time and without hiccup. By the sounds of it, the quality of your work is already there so it's just the other aspects you need to work on.

I heard a great quote years ago - "you can't please everyone, but you have to try"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 roedale

demonloop. so many factors beyond my control annoyed the hell out of me, angered customers and made the whole job most unenjoyable. you cannot imagine my joy in setting up production that is in no way dependant on deliveries from certain countries. its cost me the best part of 200grand € to do. But worth every penny and i intend to do my very very best to make sure things go to my plan in future.
    Issues always occur in business, but back up plans for production of parts are set up.
    I have gone along a hugely steep learning curve the last 5 years, I never claimed to be a businessman, but by hell ive learned a few lessons.

ive now finished my cnc engraving run so wont be at the pc so much anyhow for a few days. back to getting my fingers oily.

regards Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Very best of luck to you Pete,
    Hope its works out for you and if i had a rifle thats shoots groups like ejgs i would be happy and proud to have built it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Jonty wrote: »
    It would be interesting to hear from an Irish gunsmith e.g. Fergal White and see what he says.
    Figgy AKA Fergal White asked me to make a statement on his behalf

I would never make a negative comment about anyone either in the
    gunsmith trade or any line of business for that matter.

I personlly have found Pete Lincoln to be a complete professional in
    the short time that Ive known him. Very often he has taken me out
    of the **** in times when I was stuck for parts and tools when time
    was not on my side. To say that Pete Lincoln is a true professional
    would without doubt be a very huge understatement.

Pete like myself has had some very huge ups and downs and it looks
    to me that he's coming out the other side of it now and people should
    knock the past on the head and take what he says onboard.

I havent had quite the run of hard times that Pete lincoln has had but
    I have had it in other ways, finance was the the biggest stumbling block
    for me but Im certainly over the worst of that now and the future is looking
    good despite our current economic climate. Pete Lincoln is a good man

Fergal White 15-4-10

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

greenpeter wrote: »
    Very best of luck to you Pete,
    Hope its works out for you and if i had a rifle thats shoots groups like ejgs i would be happy and proud to have built it.

+1, you'd get my custom (if I had money)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 6.5x55

Roedale thank you for the cross between the'' Sermon from the Mount & Grimms Fairy Tales '' I have neither the time nor the inclination to write such and epistle however their are a few Salient points that I should point out .

1 When I Contacted Herr Hansen the action maker after a year to see what was going on with the action he told me that he only recieved your order for my action a couple of months previously .I requested a copy of your email to him you never produced it .

2(a) you state that ''after 18 months i decided that a different twist rate because I wanted a rifle better suited to allround hunting rather than the uncommon 1in 10 rate which made the RIFLE realy only a long range fox + Roe deer rifle'' Why on earth would I order a rifle better suited to Foxing + Roe deer WHEN I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WITH NO ROE DEER!!!!!.
    (b)In an Email from Roedale dated 23/10/07 @11.13am(which states)
    HI J
    ''I think the 1 in10 rate is carried over from a 308 quote Hence a typo.''

in an email from Roedale on 24/10/07 @7.49pm
    Hi J
    ''The Barrell wont be a 1in 10 it was a typo .''

NOW I COULD SCAN THESE AND PUT THEM UP BUT CANNOT BE BOTHERED.

3 It is a sad Reflection on you and your company that 5 months after paying in full for the rifle . I Had to
    (a) go onto a UK rifle site to get further info on you and you company only to find several other people who had been treated in the same shoddy manner .
    (b)Threaten to inform every rifle web site on 4 continents about your modus operadai in an effort to get my rifle delivered or money back.

4 with regard to the moderator your last email on the subject was on the
    21/8/09 which you stated ''the moderator will come when we have our own model finnished '' Dont Bother I have bought one !

5 Barrel
    It would have be extremly difficult for me to have promised to return the Barrel 18 months ago, When it only arrived in Ireland on the 20th September last year 15 months after the rifle . It has not been fitted yet

This should allow the lads on this forum to make their own minds Up.

I Rest my case .

Caveat Emptor

Good Luck Now

6.5 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

No matter how well you cut the cake there is always 2 sides to every story .When someone gives a time scale ,verbal or otherwise it is legally binding .In other words ,a contract .Having read all the posts here by Reodale and even if they built the best rifles in the world id give them notthing of my hard earned money .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tomcat220t wrote: »
    No matter how well you cut the cake there is always 2 sides to every story .When someone gives a time scale ,verbal or otherwise it is legally binding .In other words ,a contract .Having read all the posts here by Reodale and even if they built the best rifles in the world id give them notthing of my hard earned money .

Every man deserves a break.

But perhaps if the guy did a few good will gestures things may defrost...
    He has stated he is back on track. Give him a chance. Buy something small and see how it goes from there

I'm lucky as I have a Custom Rifle builder quite close to me.
    Unlucky though as I can't afford a Custom Rifle lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Every man deserves a break.

But perhaps if the guy did a few good will gestures things may defrost...
    He has stated he is back on track. Give him a chance. Buy something small and see how it goes from there

I'm lucky as I have a Custom Rifle builder quite close to me.
    Unlucky though as I can't afford a Custom Rifle lol

brownie points my man , your going well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Have we not gone a wee bit off topic.
    The OP asked a question - I think he now should have more than enough information to make his own decision.

Thank you to Pete L. / Roedale for his candour and for at least having the balls to stand up, pitch his case, and take the knocks. IMHO In that at least he should be commended.

However......

I would strongly suggest that people's own private business transactions should be treated as that: their private business transactions. Lads, if you have a problem with Roedale and the service they provide or don't provide, you've made that abundantly clear. Might I suggest, however, that no side of this debate is gaining any kudos by "washing their dirty linen in public". I, for one, if I had such difficulty or issues with a contractor, supplier, or consultant, wouldn't be wasting my time getting into what is rapidly descending into, or indeed already has become, a slagging match. Take it to the relevant authorities if you're unhappy. Seek legal advice. Do whatever you like to satisfy your own problems with Roedale - But frankly this is becoming childish, churlish, and more than a bit tiresome.

And you've more than adequately got your point across.
    When someone gives a time scale ,verbal or otherwise it is legally binding .In other words ,a contract

Not exactly true.

Unfortunately / Fortunately - depending on which side of the supply-line you're sitting.

It takes more than a verbal assurance / estimate of timescale to form a contract - a lot more.

I've never done business with Roedale, have no connection with them, and don't know Mr. Lincoln - but at this stage, the relevant points have been made by both sides of what is a business transaction gone sour, and can we all move on. Please deal with your private business matters privately.

Just a suggestion - and I'm not gonna take sides as I don;t know either or any of the parties involved - Just my humble tuppence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Lets take a very simple scenario, your going out to buy a car, any car, just a car. The car your buying is the same price in every garage you go to but in order to get it you have to wait for a while for it to come in. Now one garage will get it in lets just say 2 months and they never fail to deliver on that. The next place promise it will be 2 months but have a poor reputation on the delivery bit, But hold on, the guy that owns the garage is a very nice guy and even if he does f**k about a bit, it doesnt take from that very fact that he's a nice bloke and really he deserves a chance. He also has a s**t load of stuff going on his personal life.

Alright in the meantime you just want the car and you have the money to buy it. Are you really going to get caught up in all this guys personal stuff. Do you really give a f**k, you just want the car and you more than likely have enough problems of your own. Now ask yourself one question, who are you going to buy that car from.

Sorry if I sound ruthless here but thats how the real world deals with things. They really dont want to hear any crap, they just want what they pay for and they want it delivered on time. Nobody upon nobody wants to listen to another mans problems, its just not OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Ahhhhh........but you're not buying a factory standard spec toyota corolla, are you?:D It's more like a custom car - and I don't mean one that's been all funkidelically ICE'd to within an inch of its skinny low-radial sub-woofered life. It's more of an AMG situation!:rolleyes:

But, you're correct, thedragon - One does the research, finds the man for the job, checks the references, and gets on with it.

So, I think the jury on Roedale is out, to get back to the OP's question.

Some very damning reports.

Some not so damning reports.

Some good reports.

And some wait-and-see reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey folks

I closed the thread because a poster got abusive and I deleted his post. I don't want this thread to turn into a mud slinging competition so as it stands both sides have got their say and I think that is a good place to leave it.

Veg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement