Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age is too old to have your shirt hanging out

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

OldGoat wrote: »
    Value for money for work wear. Yep. :)
    €150 on a pair of denims? Get a fuppin'grip! Jeans as smart casual? uhuhh, not gonna happen.
    Would you wear a boilersuit to a club?
    :rolleyes:
    ]

Not everything Tesco does is wrong such as banning customers shopping in their pajamas.

Their own brand smoke salmon is awful stuff -UGH and do3esnt compare top the real thing.

Would you wear av Tesco suit to a club?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

CDfm wrote: »
    ]

Not everything Tesco does is wrong such as banning customers shopping in their pajamas.

Their own brand smoke salmon is awful stuff -UGH and do3esnt compare top the real thing.

Would you wear av Tesco suit to a club?????????

Me, wear a Tescos suit? Bwahahaha.
    The snob in me is crying out NO. However if it were down to a choice between a Tesco suit or Tescos jeans and a polo shirt then I'd take the suit without a second thought.
    If it were a choice between a Tesco suit and a pair of 501's I'd STILL opt for the suit.

Jeans are incredibly overpriced and overrated as fashion clothes and just something I've always been amused by. Tesco denim, €4.00 - bargain for digging the ground, cutting the grass, knocking down walls, painting ceilings.

Did they ban PJ clad folk? Nice - Striking a blow for commonfashionsense. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Jeans are incredibly overpriced and overrated as fashion clothes and just something I've always been amused by. Tesco denim, €4.00 - bargain for digging the ground, cutting the grass, knocking down walls, painting ceilings.

This is all very OT... but i will never understand why people would wear jeans instead of tracksuits when doing work such as the above.. waaaay more practicle

Me, wear a Tescos suit? Bwahahaha.
    . :)

Post tour measurements and we can do an OG Makeover.

Aldi & Lidl do a nice little deal do.
    SNN2332ZZ_280_562062a.jpg Cheap chic ... £15 suit

Tesco

THIS credit crunch-busting suit goes on sale at Tesco next week - for just £15.

It's made of 100 per cent polyester, comes in black or grey and follows a similar suit released by superstore rival Asda in January.
    Terry Green, clothing chief executive at Tesco, said: "Many of our customers will be trying to look their best on a budget. This suit represents great value for money."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/article1597438.ece#ixzz0kvhdPbMa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

krudler wrote: »

Men who tuck in their shirts are usually the ones who wear hideously mismatched clothes combos and dance ridiculously bad in pub and clubs.

Now that's just wrong. A nicely tailored shirt looks so much better tucked into a nice pair of trousers or fell fitted jeans with a good belt.

It's just sloppy otherwise. If you think it makes you look like an OAP you're wearing the wrong type of shirts and jeans/trousers. I would have said your quote applies to those with their shirts hanging out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jip wrote: »
    Now that's just wrong. A nicely tailored shirt looks so much better tucked into a nice pair of trousers or fell fitted jeans with a good belt.
    Whatever about tucked into a nice pair of trousers and I would agree BTW, jeans? With a belt? Tailored shirt and jeans with belt equals for me middle aged uniform more than most other looks. Welcome to the beige and no mistake.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Not at all, maybe you can't just pull it off ? :D

Seriously though, a shirt untucked, unless it's specifically casual, looks just messy and unkempt, makes you look like a football hooligan.

When you think belt you're obviously only thinking of something simple like a traditional black leather belt, open your mind maaannnnnn !

Maybe we should float this over to the ladies lounge ?

Now why on Earth would you take a thread about mens style to tLL? :rolleyes:
    F&A.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not at all, maybe you can't just pull it off ? :D
    And I hope to go to my grave staying that way :D
    Seriously though, a shirt untucked, unless it's specifically casual, looks just messy and unkempt, makes you look like a football hooligan.
    If its a "suit" type shirt I agree. Otherwise grand. Tailored shirt + jeans = style vacuum. Add brown brogues and a sports jacket and the beige is complete.
    When you think belt you're obviously only thinking of something simple like a traditional black leather belt, open your mind maaannnnnn !
    Meh I figure unless you're fat, a texan cowboy or batman, belts on jeans are as a general thing no no.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Tailored shirt + jeans = style vacuum. Add brown brogues and a sports jacket and the beige is complete.
    <.<
    >.>
    You've just discribed me and Jeremy Clarkson.

• Advertisement

How beige????

spongebob-squarepants.jpg

Some guys just cant pull it off and if you are in a work environment requiring that you are casually dressed but still look professional then maybe jeans belt and button down shirt is the answer.

@wibbs dont tell me you are one of those no belt and boxers guys. The male equivalent of a whale tale :eek:

I'm almost at the stage where I'm thinking you're winding us up, jeans and no belt ? How does that fit in with them tucked into your white socks :p

<.<
    >.>
    You've just discribed me and Jeremy Clarkson.
    Naw you're defo not beige by any stretch of the imagination. Very well dressed and stylish chap indeed.
    How beige????

spongebob-squarepants.jpg
    :D
    Some guys just cant pull it off and if you are in a work environment requiring that you are casually dressed but still look professional then maybe jeans belt and button down shirt is the answer.
    Luckily Im not, but I could see where you're going with that. Still if I had to be in that environment I'd steer well clear of the jeans, belt and button down shirt ensemble. Id simply wear a more casual suit. The jeans, with sports jacket look always struck me as a worse uniform of the terminally beige. Prefer the safety and ease of choice of a suit, so try to reproduce same in a "casual" manner.
    @wibbs dont tell me you are one of those no belt and boxers guys. The male equivalent of a whale tale :eek:
    Nope no belt and jockeys FTW.
    I'm almost at the stage where I'm thinking you're winding us up, jeans and no belt ? How does that fit in with them tucked into your white socks :p
    I have a waist and get jeans to fit, so really dont require a belt. If you're a more rotund chap I can see the need on support grounds alright. So not for me on practical reasons anyway and never dug them on aesthetic grounds. White socks, unless one is partaking of the sport of tennis are the work of satan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Gah, here's the rule:

Work/Formal shirts - tucked in
    Casual shirts - untucked (unless worn with slacks)

And I know we're in a recession but no man should buy a bloody suit from Lidl, sorry but that's another rule right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

krudler wrote: »
    I'm kinda looking forward to when I dont have to give a sh1t about what I dress like, can have a pipe, slippers, a cardigan, and spend my day peering out the window at the little feckers galivanting around the estate, get off my garden!

Why wait ? Join us.

...i mean the not giving a **** part....not the pipe, slippers and cardigan part.....jeesh don't want to look old now do we !!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I think the main differences in opinion seem to be along generation lines :p

As for the belt and jeans combo, I have big legs and a smaller waist and cannot find jeans with a leg size that fits and a waist size that doesn't require a belt. It's like trying to find the lost city of Atlantis!

MediumWell wrote: »

As for the belt and jeans combo, I have big legs and a smaller waist and cannot find jeans with a leg size that fits and a waist size that doesn't require a belt. It's like trying to find the lost city of Atlantis!

The Pegasus galaxy...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Embrace the beige, you can't get away from it...however...
    one of those no belt and boxers guys. The male equivalent of a whale tale :eek:

*shudder* :eek:

MediumWell wrote: »

You have a point
    It's like trying to find the lost city of Atlantis!

Introducing Medium Well ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

NUh i dont do shirts i dont even own one, maybe I might get one and see how i get on tho to be honest I dunno shirts are to I feel self conous in them....

god help me in december when i wear a suit...

• Advertisement

You have a point

Introducing Medium Well ............

Jeebus. It seems Bobby has had another crazy dream. Time to lay off the psychedelics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Depends on the shirt totally. And the trousers/pants that you're wearing with them.

I suppose it does

vinatge_ad_for_mens_fashion.jpg

There are some people who think retro is cool.

OG keeps quiet about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I suppose it does

vinatge_ad_for_mens_fashion.jpg

OG keeps quiet about it

Maybe its just me but I think those clothes are frickin awesome.

The super large bell bottoms would allow for greater air flow aswell.

Niiiiice.

:pac:

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but I think those clothes are frickin awesome.

The super large bell bottoms would allow for greater air flow aswell.

Niiiiice.

:pac:

Awesome Nah - groovy maybe :D

I suppose it does

OG keeps quiet about it
    It ain't retro if you lived through the era. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah if its a formal/work look, its tucked in. Casual shirts should be hanging out. I think that goes for all ages.

Theres also the consideration of body shape and size too. Slim, well built guys can wear a tight fitting casual shirt tucked in and it looks good. If you have moobs or any sort of paunch it has to be a looser untucked shirt.

It ain't retro if you lived through the era. :(

Tum te tum te tum -Pics or :D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah if its a formal/work look, its tucked in. Casual shirts should be hanging out. I think that goes for all ages.

i think thats about right. Don't allow your age to dictate your style.
    Slim, well built guys can wear a tight fitting casual shirt tucked in and it looks good.

yes, we can, and your totally right, it does look good :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Agricola wrote: »
    Slim, well built guys can wear a tight fitting casual shirt tucked in and it looks good.
    Dr Galen wrote: »
    yes, we can, and your totally right, it does look good :cool:

we need a puke smiley :p

(only joking, honestly)

Advertisement