Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or does this sound like a con???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

o1s1n wrote: »
    So this person will basically be betting 1500 that it's no a scam.

If it is a scam, they'll get their money back through paypal eventually.

If it's not a scam, they'll have a 40,000 dollar game for 1500 euro.

/puts in a bid
    That's exactly right, if you've got the money it's worth the gamble. Buyers are protected by Paypal, all he/she stands to lose is 'time'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Doing a quick Tineye search, it seems the same image can be seen on multiple eBay auctions for the same game, as well as several other sites that simply talk about the game:

42 Results for the Image

(The link will expire in 72 hours, so click it now! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

£6000 in the end. Unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, would you look at that, I just found a sealed copy in my attic. Here's a picture -

stadiumevents.jpg

I'll let it go for six grand if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

That is a coincident as I actually found 2 sealed version of that game at my local car boot sale................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

i was always wondering how easy is it to "reseal" a game? liek put new shrinkwrap on it, I use a vacum packer and if its anything like that I'd say its not too hard to get a mint copy of a game and turn it inot a sealed game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Yeah it wouldn't be too hard to put a seal on a game but putting it the right way might be. I bought Jet Set Radio for the DC last year and it was sealed, cost feck all but when I got it I knew it had been resealed and not a great job done at that. It's around the corners is where you can tell if it's genuine or not. If it's got alot of extra plastic and sticking out, kind of flappy then it's just resealed.

Master of the Universe

The only thing though is that people who collect sealed games know exactly what they should look like. They can spot a reseal a mile off.

I actually remember seeing one video on youtube where a guy received a resealed game. They opened it up and it even had a completely different (worthless) game inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only thing though is that people who collect sealed games know exactly what they should look like. They can spot a reseal a mile off.

I actually remember seeing one video on youtube where a guy received a resealed game. They opened it up and it even had a completely different (worthless) game inside.
    Nice Idea if your good at resealing, although I'd say the boxes are as rare as the carts themselves:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Plus don't most sealed games have the plastic tag for hanging them on a shelf? Wouldn't be too easy to make one of them and get it on to the shrinkwrap.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I think a few different manufacturers have seals on games you can't replicate. Fairly sure boxed Nintendo stuff did.

Now if you could just replicate old boxes..we know where Air Raid looks like now. Just some tea bags for ageing and you're sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

I am the proud owner of 3 re-seals, via eBay. Felt like such an idiot:(, at the time it never occured to me that people would re-seal an old game. As stated above, after time you can spot them a mile off.
    One of them was The Secret Of Monkey Island for the A500 .... Beleive me, there's a scammer for every category on eBay.:mad:

Advertisement