Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or does this sound like a con???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fake im gonna go with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Well, yea should be protected by Paypal should yea buy it and it isn't as described

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I was looking at his feedback and it is for mostly selling cheap stuff so could all be a set up for this scam???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like a fake, I've seen that pic of stadium events a few times. At best you'll get the PAL version which isn't rare at all, it's the NTSC one that commands a fortune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Definitely fake. Why would he list it now if he was on holiday and couldn't take a picture of the actual item? Hmmm.

• Advertisement

I just sent the seller a message asking why he is selling the game while on holiday??. A strange move in anyones book??

I will keep you informed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Me and my money |
    BARGEPOLE
    >|auction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Soooooo fake.

Here is the reply from the seller

Dear warren32008,

coming back one day before auction ends, i cant put real photos up sorry but the disciption is accurate enough and so is my feedback,

regards

- mk03s1

I still smell a rat...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yea reading the feedbacks where people bought downloads/demos for 8sterling and left really good feedback, seems very odd

• Advertisement

It is over £200 now. Will be very interesting to see what happens in the end!

Master of the Universe

Seems that no matter how obvious a scam, people are willing to take the risk 'just in case'.

I'll probably eat those words now in a few days when this turns out to be legit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

what was so important that he had to put a game up on ebay while on holidays??

I can't imagine this is legit. Poor spelling, poor grammar, no photos, and an update bit of information when people obviously started emailing him to say the pic was an old one..

Scamtastic..

Master of the Universe

To be honest I'm suprised he didn't mention a dead African prince in there too.

Maybe that's where he found the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well mabye he got it so cheap because he buys is directly fro the supplier and wants to bring the discounts he gets to consumers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

well mabye he got it so cheap because he buys is directly fro the supplier and wants to bring the discounts he gets to consumers

This is an NES game we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

This is an NES game we're talking about.

I take it you never got a spam email with really good ipods and phones for $100 advetised in them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I take it you never got a spam email with really good ipods and phones for $100 advetised in them?

What this? Good ipods and phones for a mere $100?!?

Forward on those emails my good man!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Advertisement

It is over £770 now. Crazy money!!

I suppose if you are going to rip off ebay you may as well do it big!

What is to stop you closing you paypal account and bank account/credit card it is linked to and taking the money straight after the sale???

Master of the Universe

It takes a little while for the money to clear once you've received it into your paypal account. New ebay users can't withdraw any money at all until the buyer has confirmed they have received the item.

That's why the scammer guy who I bought Radiant Silvergun from said he couldnt post it for two weeks. Was just to give himself enough time to withdraw the money. Scumbag.

Excuse me while I go plot his doom.

That's why the scammer guy who I bought Radiant Silvergun from said he couldnt post it for two weeks. Was just to give himself enough time to withdraw the money. Scumbag.

Sorry to hear that mate

Did you get your money back from paypal??

I got ripped off £5 once but that is about it on ebay

Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, lucky for me, someone left him really bad feedback. I saw that, contacted them and they told me how he tried to scam them out of money for a ps3.

So I left it a week and then filed a paypal dispute. He has 20 odd days to respond and didn't. So I got a full refund \o/

Weird, he made his feedback private after I mentioned the neg he got. Just checked now and it's not private anymore. Interesting.

http://myworld.ebay.ie/bubbles-in-the-air/

£1170 now

I reckon this will finish high

Any predictions??

Chelsea to win the Premiership and FA Cup....oh wait.

I will say 1500.

Master of the Universe

So this person will basically be betting 1500 that it's no a scam.

If it is a scam, they'll get their money back through paypal eventually.

If it's not a scam, they'll have a 40,000 dollar game for 1500 euro.

/puts in a bid

when you put it like that it sounds quite appealing.

I reckon it will go for £4,000

If the american one went for $14,000 there will be someone willing to take the risk

I bet at the very best he will get a PAL version. I don't know how a person from europe would have the NTSC version since it was only on sale for a day before it was pulled from stores. The PAL version isn't worth the steam off my piss.

• Advertisement

£1499 now..................

Crazy crazy money!!!

Advertisement