Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl i like...

Options
  • 09-04-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Well lads , question for ye ,and girls if your about.. Theres this girl i like only know her to see never had an actual conversation with her..
    Ive been told by others to try and chat her some nite shes out and tell her i like her, but im useless talking to girls i like on a nite out..
    This has happened before, i liked a girl 3 years ago , used to have a few words with her if we were out , and im convinced she liked me too but i hadnt the balls to say anything..A year later she ended up goin with some fella and is still with him..
    I dont want the same thing to happen again so im thinkin of messaging this girl on bebo or facebook and tellin her i like her... Is this a good idea or bad idea? Any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If you're feeling strange about approaching the girl on a night out if you don't know her very well, add her on facebook and strike up a chat online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My ideals would be if you cvhat to hjer and she chats to you . that means you know you can talk, If it was me I'd be cheeky and ask her when shes going to takeyou out for a drink well after a few Pm messages on face book or something or even get her mobile number text a few times ring her and say so are you going to take me out for a drink or what?

I prefer doing it that way i dunno why prolly cause it can work if women like cheeky chappys...

Going to extreams like random comments like" I like you" may be unfortunatly seen as needy and stuff...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

+1. Get in touch on bebo or facebook or whatever, but I wouldn't be going as far as "I like you" online. Mostly you just like the look of her for now it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Defo add her! and try strike up a chat.. maybe on instant chat on facebook is more casual than leaving a message on a profile...
    im sure she will be flattered someone likes her! this is from a girls point of view btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Add her on facebook and bombard her with photos of your penis. If you're unhappy with yours, send pics of someone elses. Women like this

• Advertisement

I wouldn't start off being cheeky if you're not comfortable with the thought of chatting her normally ! :pac:

Facebook/msn chat seems like the best way to go, keep it casual and don't jump striaght into the "I like you" stuff. If you're getting right signals from her and she seems interested in talking to you then grand, you're on the right track, work from there !

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I wouldn't start off being cheeky if you're not comfortable with the thought of chatting her normally ! :pac:

Facebook/msn chat seems like the best way to go, keep it casual and don't jump striaght into the "I like you" stuff. If you're getting right signals from her and she seems interested in talking to you then grand, you're on the right track, work from there !

I would feel comfortable chattin her pyro , its just the part at the beginning , wondering if she likes me or not , and the fear of rejection..If she told me she didnt like me id get over it and even find it easier to chat her the next time i seen her cos id know what the story was..

Ah I get ya now. All ya can do is talk to her normally in that case ! How's college/work going for ya. Build it from there, just as if you were talking to a normal friend of yours, you'll get the vibe from her if she likes you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I would feel comfortable chattin her pyro , its just the part at the beginning , wondering if she likes me or not , and the fear of rejection..If she told me she didnt like me id get over it and even find it easier to chat her the next time i seen her cos id know what the story was..

Ah women, they're an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Whatever you do DONT say you like her before you go out on a date/for a few beers or whatever. That'll probably just scare her away.
    Im with the lads, add her on facebook/bebo, chat for a bit, then ask her to go for a few drinks. You'll know then if she's interested or not.

Best of luck dude, let us know how it goes :)

Mackman wrote: »
    Ah women, they're an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Whatever you do DONT say you like her before you go out on a date/for a few beers or whatever. That'll probably just scare her away.
    Im with the lads, add her on facebook/bebo, chat for a bit, then ask her to go for a few drinks. You'll know then if she's interested or not.

Best of luck dude, let us know how it goes :)

What if i said your cute and id like to get to know you or something like that ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What if i said your cute and id like to get to know you or something like that ?

I'd just chinwag for a bit first. You can drop the cute thing in at any point. No need to rush it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

if you havent talked to her, do you know who she is to add her on bookface?

Bite the bullet. just dont drink too much and then try to talk to her!

get a wing man. women are great at this.

dont use the phrase "Ive wanted to ask you out for ages"

apparently thats odd and stalkery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just talk to her like she's a person before coming over all loved up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Khannie wrote: »
    I'd just chinwag for a bit first. You can drop the cute thing in at any point. No need to rush it.

+1

Definatly dont say it straight off the bat. It might work, depends on the girl, but your better off playin it safe, if the conversation drifts this way (and you can try to make it drift that way if you want) then id slip something like that in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

If I told you you could make a bet, where you didn't have to gamble a single cent, but if you won the bet you'd get a million euros - would you make the bet?

You loose nothing by talking to her, but stand a chance getting together; you loose eitherway by not talking to her.

Zulu wrote: »
    If I told you you could make a bet, where you didn't have to gamble a single cent, but if you won the bet you'd get a million euros - would you make the bet?

You loose nothing by talking to her, but stand a chance getting together; you loose eitherway by not talking to her.
    And she might turn out to be loaded?

folan wrote: »
    if you havent talked to her, do you know who she is to add her on bookface?

Bite the bullet. just dont drink too much and then try to talk to her!

get a wing man. women are great at this.

Yeah i know her...

Yeah i know her...

It's really, really important imo that you actually talk to her just as a normal person a good few times before you give her any of the "I think you're cute" stuff.

Just any old bland, run of the mill "how are you" stuff will do, but you have to develop a "relationship" of some sort with her before you make a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's really, really important imo that you actually talk to her just as a normal person a good few times before you give her any of the "I think you're cute" stuff.

Just any old bland, run of the mill "how are you" stuff will do, but you have to develop a "relationship" of some sort with her before you make a move.

As a girl who's been asked out by a few men in her time (on facebook too!), I couldn't agree more with Keane2097 here.

Just add her as a friend and somehow strike up a conversation about music,film, anything that you think she might be interested in. You should be able to judge from her page what she's into.

I've had guys send me messages with stuff like 'Hey, your profile pic is stunning, how are you?' and I delete them instantly. It doesn't matter if the guy looks like Johnny Depp, I lose all interest. Commenting on her appearance off the bat is a huge turn off.

Be mysterious and humorous...that'd be my advice. Overall just be yourself but don't come on too strong. She's just a human being same as yourself at the end of teh day so don't be intimidated by her beauty.

G'luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I agree with what most others said. Add her and talk to her in a friendly way, don't mention anything about liking her straight off. I'm a girl & i would rather someone get to know me a little before declaring their love lol. Just add her and talk, if you both get along then you might find it easier to approach when you're out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

What do you have to lose?
    Ask her if she'd like to meet up for a coffee. Make some small talk before this though.
    Don't ask her straight out. If she declines put it down to experience and move on to the next girl.

It's better to know where you stand than to spend the rest of your life wondering "What If?"

tbh I'd even say it's not a great idea to add her at all before talking to her properly in person.

If you have never had a converstaion with her and all of a sudden pop up in the facebook chat box I realy don't think it looks right.

Just have a brief chat with her on a night out or in passing or whatever once or twice, then adding her will be less conspicuous...

As it is I think it will be very obvious what's going on if you add her before talking to her, and it's likely to put her off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ok, I thought I was the only one thinking its a bit weird to add someone as a friend of fb without actually knowing them... but hey, maybe I'm old fashioned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

tbh I'd even say it's not a great idea to add her at all before talking to her properly in person.

If you have never had a converstaion with her and all of a sudden pop up in the facebook chat box I realy don't think it looks right.

Just have a brief chat with her on a night out or in passing or whatever once or twice, then adding her will be less conspicuous...

As it is I think it will be very obvious what's going on if you add her before talking to her, and it's likely to put her off.

I agree with this too. Starting a chat on facebook before chatting in real life is a bit over familiar and intrusive. I worked with a guy before who added me on facebook and whenever I was on he'd suddenly pop up for a chat. I ended up closing my account cause I realised I hate the whole nature of fb. He was a nice guy but it wrecked my head how he would just start talking to me out of the blue.

You gotta take risks and chances but make sure you go about it the right way!! Have confidence that you are worth being with and she'd be lucky to be asked out by you.
    Play it cool..

Can't believe so many people are against the idea of adding someone you aren't bff's with on facebook! I get people I don't know too well adding me every day.. Today I have 15 requests, I don't think anything of it and most of them are people who have seen me out & such and I have no problem talking to them. If I'm not in the mood to talk to people I don't go on chat..simple :)

Can't believe so many people are against the idea of adding someone you aren't bff's with on facebook! I get people I don't know too well adding me every day.. Today I have 15 requests, I don't think anything of it and most of them are people who have seen me out & such and I have no problem talking to them. If I'm not in the mood to talk to people I don't go on chat..simple :)

He's never even spoken to her :confused:

I imagine that vast majority of people would find it weird to be added by someone like that.

He's never even spoken to her :confused:

I imagine that vast majority of people would find it weird to be added by someone like that.

Well you could say the same thing about him chatting to her in real life then? He's not looking to propose to the girl like. It's just a chat.

Well you could say the same thing about him chatting to her in real life then? He's not looking to propose to the girl like. It's just a chat.

Fair enough, I could be wrong.

I strongly suspect you're in the minority though :)

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I could be wrong.

I strongly suspect you're in the minority though :)

The whole thread is full of people saying to go ahead & message her on facebook, so hardly.

Advertisement