Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ANY OLD HONDA FANS FROM 95 BACKWARDS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Thats on bags, no way is it actually driven like that.... and were in Ireland, dont exactly have the roads for going that low. The guy who owns the CRX looks to have set it up to actually be a decent drive not something that can only travel 4mph and has to avoid speedbumps or risk being a seesaw.
    bmw535d wrote: »
    needs to be as low as a turtles sack

8-15-09-834-216.jpg

8-15-09-575-154.jpg

ya cant say that doesnt look the part:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

^^ Its from Cali

I'm not a fan of the alloys almost flush with arches/camber adjusted look at all, but the EG is without a doubt the best civic.

The fact that they're usually the choice for most time attackers speaks volumes about the chassis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    ^^ Its from Cali
    :D I know, my Ireland comment was meant to be an argument for not lowering the crx any further, I didnt think that was Ireland.
    B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the alloys almost flush with arches/camber adjusted look at all, but the EG is without a doubt the best civic.

The fact that they're usually the choice for most time attackers speaks volumes about the chassis too.

I love the EG, I keep telling myself I'll pick one up some day then I keep buying Golf GTI's and whatnot. I stood in the Tesco carpark staring at one sitting on jmags for a good 10 mins a few weeks ago and had to be dragged away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yes, not in car form though :p

rvf400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

The one RoverJames had is pretty much the prettiest Honda in years IMO. My brother had one, and I begged him to give it to me (Was 20 at the time). Still toy with the idea of getting one, and doing a complete restoration and respray on it.

I'm tempted to pick up another one for next to nothing too, they still look good nearly 20 years on. They don't make them like that anymore :P

• Advertisement

Absurdum wrote: »
    I'm tempted to pick up another one for next to nothing too, they still look good nearly 20 years on. They don't make them like that anymore :P

They are a savage bus, mine was the sh1tter of the range really, no VTEC and auto, still was well impressed with it. Great handling, it made the SS2 Celica I had seem like a fat ole yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

T83 wrote: »
    Thats on bags, no way is it actually driven like that.... and were in Ireland, dont exactly have the roads for going that low. The guy who owns the CRX looks to have set it up to actually be a decent drive not something that can only travel 4mph and has to avoid speedbumps or risk being a seesaw.

Thanks - was my daily drive. She has progressively wound springs and damper/height adjustable shocks on 15" rims. It was set up to go around corners - not to impress youngwans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Oh old civics are just my favourite cars... frankly they just look so dam pretty ;)
    My mother has a honda beat 91, some car think a mini s2000, except mid engined and rwd :D

But i'd love to pick up a civic rtsi.. savage motor..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I aint a fan of Honda's really but I do love the look of the 91-95 Civics. Honda really made a dogs dinner of that style when they changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The FN8 is when Civics started to look wrong :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Wow i make it with 4 days to spare,I Love old hondas heres my EK4

minedone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

My old SiR.
    4a-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Sitec wrote: »
    My old SiR.
    4a-1.jpg

I know of the girl that owns that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

I've been a honda fan since I started driving..
    I don't really like any of the newer Hondas, with a couple of exceptions..

I started off with this-
    1991 Honda Civic. 1.3l Jap. This was written off by some scumbags who drove into it head on one night in a stolen car. Sorry about the bad pic..
    4505897008_cc4fbd3e7b_o.jpg

Upgraded to a 1995 Honda Civic Coupe. 1.5l non vtec, but still nippy.
    This was a lovely car to drive.
    4505255581_1b1b3de665_o.jpg

From there, I 'upgraded' to a 1992 CRX Del Sol SiR. Never clicked with it though. Transtop roof was too gimmicky, and the previous owner had lowered it to a ridiculous height, and had put a stupid exhaust on it.
    4505884416_86001e2f86_o.jpg

Got rid of the Del Sol, and upgraded properly, to the car I have now. It's not pre 1995, but it's a 4th gen, which ran 1992-1996 so I reckon it counts :D
    Honda Prelude 2.2Vtec Cracking car, completely standard.
    4445672695_2d109068d1_o.jpg

defo counts very nice :D

I Was VB wrote: »
    @Metzengerstein, what was the story with the red 5 Series BMW?

what do you mean ?

here we are pics of the vigour

1990 with airbag

[IMG][/img]vig2.jpg

[IMG][/img]vig1.jpg

[IMG][/img]vig3.jpg

[IMG][/img]vigengine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Wasnt there a Red 5 series BMW damaged aroung your road some time ago?

Wasnt there a Red 5 series BMW damaged aroung your road some time ago?

ahh yes sorry yes ,this was one of my dads cars along with the inspire and my bro has it in a storage place now along with another one he got to break and restore the red one,its like a tank, savage car

ahh yes sorry yes ,this was one of my dads cars along with the inspire and my bro has it in a storage place now along with another one he got to break and restore the red one,its like a tank, savage car

Ah good, its a nice car to have still on the road!

Diggin the JDM barges too!! Can get a cheap Ledgends now too, still see the odd one as taxis.

Ah good, its a nice car to have still on the road!

Diggin the JDM barges too!! Can get a cheap Ledgends now too, still see the odd one as taxis.

yea the legends are nice they have a brand new one out at the mo not bad ,but still prefer the oldies .i thought jdm badges where red ? no

am dying to get this on the road needs a bit of work though

• Advertisement

yea the legends are nice they have a brand new one out at the mo not bad ,but still prefer the oldies .i thought jdm badges where red ? no

am dying to get this on the road needs a bit of work though

Barge: a boards.ie term for a high CC older saloon. ;)

Barge: a boards.ie term for a high CC older saloon. ;)

:o ha ha good stuff,i though you misspelled badge ha ha ha.

yea i fell in love with the inspire when my dad had it and im privialged to have it ,there are a few versions of it mine seems to be the rearest cc3 verison then theres cc2 version which would be more like the vigour as in size and boxyness then theres the vigour cb5 and there is a high spec model with sunroof elecrtric seats and traction control ,it still amazes me the spec of them for the years on them

Advertisement