Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names of the Gen V games announced - Gen V speculation here!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

The names sound a little odd, but I'll get used to them I suppose.

So, anyone decided what one they'll be getting yet? :P

Pokemon White for me! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dunno yet, will have to wait and see what the version exclusives are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Come on Psychic-Fighting-Dark starters...

The new legendaries will be interesting. Gonna be tough to beat the Pokemon that control the concepts of Time and Space. Not to mention Mr. 'I created the world'.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

DKZ wrote: »
    Pokemon White for me! :D
    It's been voted in my gaff that I have to get Pokémon Black
    Urizen wrote: »
    Come on Psychic-Fighting-Dark starters...
    Do you mean this image?
    Surprise_by_purplekecleon.png
    Artist's page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'll end up getting both, I always do. One for proper training, the other I use to mess around, restarting when I get bored etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

I think I'll hang on a few years for Pokemon Night Black and Sun White :D

Wait, is that image real?! If so, EPIC!!! I was just expressing hope that they'd figure out there was another triangle of types and utilise it, never thought they'd actually do it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Wait, is that image real?! If so, EPIC!!! I was just expressing hope that they'd figure out there was another triangle of types and utilise it, never thought they'd actually do it

The bottom right corner of that image says (c) 2006. I'm guessing that image relates to Diamond/Pearl.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Nope, it's not real. Buzz linked to the artist's DA under the picture.

Edit- Ninja'd

Ha, was so excited didn't even see the copyright. Hopes dashed. Damn, it'd be cool though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So the Gengharoo isn't really the male counterpart to the Kangaskahn ? I feel so betrayed.

(Gengharoo is copyright of the Nunberry publishing corporation, 2010 unless someone beat me to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Ha, was so excited didn't even see the copyright. Hopes dashed. Damn, it'd be cool though...
    It was a hoax made by PurpleKecleon when Diamond and Pearl were named but no images were shown. She also was the cause of this fantastic hoax back when Skymin was mentioned to the public. I expect that she will try something like this again, I'm looking forward to seeing "official 5th Gen Starters" artwork in the upcoming weeks :D
    shayminfake2.png
    Pokébeach article

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

pokemon_bw_centre-big-580x325.jpg
    HOLY CRAP IT'S gotten another dimension (kind of :P)

pokemon_bw_battle.jpg
    Fairly cool looking I think.

pokemon_bw_city-big.jpg
    Scope here looks incredible.

What do ye think?

source

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They were already linked to in post 19... ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ah shoite

*returns to lurking*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

freyaplus wrote: »
    The first pictures of the game are here

It's looks nice. Not exactly revolutionary but moving away from the topdown angle gives the area more depth as seen in the pokecentre and town pictures.

you can hack the angle in any DS Pokémon game to change the angle. Pretty easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Im not actually too keen on the new angles. Its nice to look at, but id find it a pain to play with. Would be nice if battle scenes had a few camera angles that you could change mid battle. But its always going to be a 2d game trying to replicate 3d on this platform. I say stop wasting time on making it look 3d, and more time on novel ideas, enjoyable stories lines, plots, sub plots, mingames etc.
    Spoink racing anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd like to see them expand on the Villa idea from Platinum with expansions that you might actually want to buy, such as plots for planting berries or apricorn trees, a garden with various purchasable features that attract a variety of pokemon for you to hunt mercilessly, manufacturing facilities for items (eg, manufacture a TM by supplying, say, a/several pokemon that has/have learned the move who are released (rather than crunched up and consumed) when the TM is created) etc. Maybe even some features that allow you to put your pokemon to work the way you see other people using them, such as Machamp furniture movers etc. Can't think of an example though...

3D isn't really necessary, it's not going to add much to the game.

Spoink racing, Machamp wrestling, stacking Magnemites into humerous shapes - it's all good!

Advertisement