Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA News from other sites go in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

eric123 wrote: »
    paul i really disagree with what your saying and how your trying to embarrass people by saying it, im new to mma but i know that you dont do that and its even worse saying it were other people can see it, you are putting people down who are trying to promote irish mma, and i might add you are not pracicing martial arts with that kind of behaviour, im new to boards too and had to really look for irish mma news and found it in this small thread, theres loads of websites covering ufc and mma abroad and you have it on the front page, im a huge fan of reading and hearing interviews of irish mma, get a grip paul and stop calling people names your not only giving the sport bad press but also mixed martial arts

Yes you know the situation!!

i set this up so they could post on boards, if i didn't they would not have been able to at all so they should be thankful instead of trying to make me look bad when i already explained that to there face, it's boards policy not mine, this thread is only here because i made it, the people over me could easily shut this down too and say it's not on.. the interview was about me so i must have called myself names!!!

ps, you found this didn't you? so whats the problem-if you can so can others, and if i did not set it up you would not have at all.. oh and the reason i did was i support them so maybe you should get a grip. nameless person.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

wow-talk about self rightous. You really got a problem with people disagreeing with you eh Paul? I mean it really comes across as people can have their own opinions on here as long as they don't differ with Paul Cowzer. I have to add that your public name calling 'whingeing like a spoilt child' was both unprofessional (surely there has to be some kind of standard as a mod? perhaps even an example to be set?) and itself very childish and offensive. I would have somethong to say to the mods but ...... oh wait-you are one. Sure wasn't it you who recently said on the ufc 116 thread to 'keep it civil'???? a case of do as i say not as i do it seems to me. And why ever did you take it so personally in the first place? I came on the voice my opioion nothing more but for some reason i hit a nerve??? I DON'T BELIEVE NAME CALLING-ESPECIALLY OF THE DEGORATORY KIND IS TOLERATED ON HERE IS IT PAUL? And the whole 'if you don't like it don't post' You would like that right? Well i doesn't work like that-we all have opinions on here and thats one of the things that makes it interesting. There is no dictatorship-well not really ;) I'm sure you would love to ban me too for this but as i said...its my opinion. You were the one who made this something more that it ought to be and the reality is if you weren't a mod you would have gotten banned yourself or at least got a warning.At the end of the day i think what hit the nerve was people coming on and agreeing with me??? Well you didn't reply untill a few people came on and agreed with me(and believe me there are more) Finally,i don't like to do this kind of thing in public(thats why i said it to you in person and on the phone-but i had of course to answer your post) but you you can't let something like that go- it was totally insulting,offensive and even contemptuous. I must point out to readers (especially new ones) that this kind of thing is not the norm and this shouldn't deter you from using this site-it really is very rare-one of the reasons why it must be addressed when it has occured-we don't want to be giving out the wrong message......ie this type of thing is not tolerated.....not normally anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

baz123 wrote: »
    wow-talk about self rightous. You really got a problem with people disagreeing with you eh Paul? I mean it really comes across as people can have their own opinions on here as long as they don't differ with Paul Cowzer.

Disagreeing! i set this up to allow you to keep posting your stuff, i explained this in person, by text and on the phone and still you have the audacity to post it on the thread questioning the mods when if we where 100% by the boards policies you would be banned and deleted, Thanks for that.

I have to add that your public name calling 'whingeing like a spoilt child' was both unprofessional (surely there has to be some kind of standard as a mod? perhaps even an example to be set?) and itself very childish and offensive. I would have somethong to say to the mods but ...... oh wait-you are one. Sure wasn't it you who recently said on the ufc 116 thread to 'keep it civil'???? a case of do as i say not as i do it seems to me. And why ever did you take it so personally in the first place?

If you act like a spoilt child who keeps moaning till they get what they want then i will point that out, UFC 116 thread was going off on a mad 1 with a number of posters having arguments and breaking many rules-separate thread separate dealings. you can go over my head if you have a problem, but most likely you'll get this thread removed, it would be out of my hands anyway. go for it as I'm pretty sure I'll be supported.
    I came on the voice my opioion nothing more but for some reason i hit a nerve??? I DON'T BELIEVE NAME CALLING-ESPECIALLY OF THE DEGORATORY KIND IS TOLERATED ON HERE IS IT PAUL?

Hit a nerve, yes you did-the 1 that when you try to help people and then they dont appreciate it and throw it back in your face.

Sorry for been so nasty and saying your acting like a spoilt child, i feel so bad now!
    And the whole 'if you don't like it don't post' You would like that right?

Why would i like it if you don't post, i want people posting on this forum so that makes no sense, but same applies-i would not post if i did not like it.
    There is no dictatorship-well not really ;) I'm sure you would love to ban me too for this but as i said...its my opinion. .

Boards is not a democracy, you have no freedom of speech-its a private site and your privileged to post on it. If your "opinion" is off the charter you can be infracted etc,, in this case I'm not interested in banning anyone over petty stuff.

I must point out to readers (especially new ones) that this kind of thing is not the norm and this shouldn't deter you from using this site-it really is very rare-one of the reasons why it must be addressed when it has occured-we don't want to be giving out the wrong message......ie this type of thing is not tolerated.....not normally anyway

you make me laugh-Self righteous you said of me!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MMAIRELAND.ORG

First Interview of the day!

We caught up with Joe Clarke who fights out of PCCB and is currently training with the HIT Squad in America.

Joe is one of the brightest young talents from Ireland and is being tipped for great things in the sport.

A humble young man who loves to train and compete.

Check it out here

Thanks,

From all at MMAIRELAND.ORG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If I can just row into the debate here for a moment.

Prior to this thread boards.ie had a policy of absolutely NO free advertising. As a result anyone advertising anything from their clubs, clothing lines, equipement etc were immediately & permanently banned from the site.

This wasn't any moderators decision, it was boards.ie policy.

Paul realised how unfair this was to both the regular poster using the forum, and to the people/companies trying to provide a service to us. The result was that he went and sought permission from the owner's of this site to allow advertising as it was a huge benefit to the people using boards.ie.

He was granted permission once the advertising was contained in one thread - this one.

This set a precedent whereby I could do similar over in the Self Defence & Martial Arts in THIS THREAD.

The result of this is that companies & clubs are given a thread where they can plug their sites or whatever to their hearts content without fear of a banning.

I also think its particularly unfair for people who've had discussion's (with Paul Cowzer) regarding this issue in real life to then come online and take issue with Paul all over again.

If people want free advertising outside of the condition's given to Paul then your gripe is with a Cmod or an Admin, its only these people who can change policy not a moderator.

• Advertisement

We have more interviews for you guys with more to come in the lead up to Cage Contender next week. In the mean time:

'Stormin' Norman Parke gives us a run down of his preparations and his thoughts on his opponent at Cage Contender next week. Check it out here

Paul 'The Red Bull' Cowzer also took time to speak with us before the show and you can check it out here

Thanks,

From all at MMAIRELAND.org

Hey Guys,

Our final interview from today is with Bantamweight King and Cage Contender headliner Artemij Sitenkov.

Artemij talks training and his opponent.

Check it out here

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

This weeks “5 Questions With” we ask MMA legend Bas Rutten 5 MMA related questions.

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with-bas-rutten/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Gekko74

Just launched a new MMA site called WWW.MMA-FOCUS.COM

News and events related to everything Mixed Martial Arts. We'll be adding new parts over the next few weeks. But would mainly like to make it a fans site. We'll ideally like the articles to come from mma practitioners and fans so we'll be running a competition for the best idea for an original tab. I.E. A section on the site that no other site has. Would also like to get the site to start show-casing Irish MMA Gyms. One a week or even every two weeks.

If you're interested in being a contributor send in your articles to info@mma-focus.com

Cheers.

This week we interviewed 'Magic' Myles Price before his title fight at Cage Contender this weekend.

We caught up with Price and got the inside on how he developed his MMA skills, his strengths as a fighter and his thoughts on his opponent.

Check it out here

Thanks,

• Advertisement

This weeks “5 Questions With” we ask Irish female MMA fighter Ais 'The Bash" Daly 5 MMA related questions.

http://fighthounds.com/mma/5-questions-with-aisling-daly/

After a great night of action in Dublin this weekend we cannot wait for the next Cage Contender show.

Here is a link to a full report on all of the nights action from this weekend.

Thanks from all at MMAIRELAND.org

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

congratulations to graham boylan who has just been named as the new director of cage warriors. www.cagewarriors.com ,graham is a native of cork and it is fantastic to see an irish guy in such a position of prominence in mma. well done graham and we look forward to seeing where you the bring the organisation in the years to come.

This weeks “5 Questions With” we ask Irish MMA fighter Chris "Menace 2 Society” Stringer” 5 MMA related questions.

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with-chris-stringer/

Joseph Duffy joins FightHounds.com as “The Ultimate Fighter 12″ blogger.
    Joe-duffy-200x300.jpg

FightHounds.com is pleased to announce that “The Ultimate Fighter: “Team Pierre. vs. Team Koscheck” competitor Joseph Duffy has joined the site’s writing staff as a “TUF” blogger.

Joseph will take us behind the scenes and share his thoughts on each episode of the reality series.

Duffy (7-0), born in Donegal, Ireland but now based in Wales is unbeaten in hes MMA career.

More info to come soon.

http://fighthounds.com/ufc/joseph-duffy-joins-fighthounds-com-as-the-ultimate-fighter-12-blogger/

Awesome-really looking forward to this. Nice work :)

Aaron Wilkinson joins FightHounds.com as “The Ultimate Fighter 12″ blogger.
    aaron-wilkinson.jpg

FightHounds.com is pleased to announce that “The Ultimate Fighter: “Team Pierre. vs. Team Koscheck” competitor Aaron Wilkinson has joined the site’s writing staff as a “TUF” blogger.

Wilkinson will take us behind the scenes and share his thoughts on each episode of the reality series.

Wilkinson (6-3), from Manchester, England trains out of The Wolfslair MMA Academy in the UK.

More info to come soon.

http://fighthounds.com/ufc/aaron-wilkinson-joins-fighthounds-com-as-%E2%80%9Cthe-ultimate-fighter-12%E2%80%B3-blogger/

Check out last weeks interview (Cant believe i forgot to post it here) with MMA legend Frank Shamrock.

Frank talks about his training routine, the ups and downs of his career and the advice he would give to guys just getting into the game.

You can check it out here

Thanks,

We have kicked off our Pre- Fight coverage of the upcomming Clan Wars event this Sunday. Check out interviews with the following fighters as they prepare for their fights and discuss their upcomming opponents:

Michael 'The Portglenone Hammer' Reid here

Tim McCrory here

Mike Nicholls here

Joe Frey here

Check back tomorrow as we will be interviewing Peter 'Slam' Duncan, Darren Hughes and some of the other fighters featured on the card.

Thanks,

Check out an Interview with an up and comming star in Irish MMA before his big fight with Peter Duncan at this weekends Clan Wars event in Armagh City.

We caught up with Darren Hughes to hear his thoughts on his opponent and how his training has gone in the lead up to this fight.

Check it out here

Thanks,

• Advertisement

We caught up with Peter 'Slam' Duncan before his big title fight at this weekends Clan Wars event in Armagh.

Check out his thoughts on his opponent Darren Hughes and read about how his training has gone in the lead up to the bout.

Check it out here

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sandywh

image.php?id=3DFD_4C5C535D

UFC light heavyweight Rodney Wallace is not concerned about Phil Davis' pedigree or hype. When his original opponent Stanislav Nedkov had to withdraw, with just two weeks to go until the fight, Wallace asked specifically for Davis. Although he is currently 0-2 with the organization, 9-2 overall, Wallace may be thinking about the future with the request.

If he loses again, he would likely be out of the UFC. Even if he were to win in a fight over Nedkov, anything short of an impressive victory, and he could have been on the outside looking in. What better way to make a statement to the UFC than to follow up his "Fight of the Night" winning loss to Jared Hamman than to take one of UFC's brightest prospects out at this weekend's "UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen"?

The North Carolina native, although a heavy underdog in the bout, believes he has the skills and ability to make an impact with UFC fans, and turn around what has been a disappointing start to his UFC career. Nicknamed "Sho-Nuff The Master," Wallace sat down with MMA Spot's Andrew Yount to discuss his opponent, fighter marketability, and why Wallace wants to see Anderson Silva lose his title this weekend.

MMA Spot: How are you feeling coming into this fight? Any health issues during camp?
    Wallace: I feel good coming into it. No health issues or anything. Everything is in order, everything is intact. Good as usual.

Spot: You have been saddled with a stiff challenge, drawing Phil Davis as a short notice replacement. Were you able to get much specific training in?
    RW: A little bit. He’s a little bit less aggressive than the other guy would be, so I’ll have to be a little more patient. He won’t be coming forward as much as Nedkov would be. Just little tendencies that he has. He’s pretty much the same type of fighter, it’s just the little tendencies I have to watch for.

Spot: How did the conversation with the UFC go when they informed you of the change?
    RW: [Joe Silva] basically just called my manager and said we need to make a change. They offered Stephan Bonnar a chance, but he declined. I told him was interested in fighting Phil Davis, so [Joe Silva] said he would call him. [Phil Davis] said he’d take the fight; he said, "Rock with it." So I said, “Cool.” And that was it.

Spot: Do you know what happened to get Nedkov pulled from the card?
    RW: I think he couldn’t get his visa in time.

image.php?id=F89D_4C5C535D

Spot: What's the story behind "Sho-Nuff The Master"?
    RW: Because the name resonates with everybody. I mean it’s “The Last Dragon.” It’s a fight movie. We fight. So there is no big thing behind it. It’s not like naming myself “The War Machine” or “The Meat Locker” or whatever. It’s just because people resonate with it and its a little comedy relief.

image.php?id=49C2_4C5C535D

Spot: What's your prediction for the main event?
    RW: I want Chael Sonnen to win. Silva’s a bad ass fighter. There’s no doubt about that, everyone knows that. The reason I want Sonnen to win is that I want him to bring that fire back that Silva used to have. Because that’s what people want to see, that fire. I think Silva is so good he doesn’t even have to spark a flame, he can just go out there on gas alone. He doesn’t even need the fire. I think if someone were to beat him and bring that fire back, you know like when B.J. Penn lost—I wanted B.J. Penn to lose. Not because I’m not a fan of him. I just don’t want anyone to feel like they can just run through people.

Spot: So you’re not a fan of the reigning champion, Silva?
    RW: No. I want all of the champions to lose one time. If they win five and lose one, it’s all good. People want to think they’re the best in the world. They can still be the best in the world if you lose one every now and again. It just makes you hungrier. Even if you’re a champion, you get tired of beating everybody easily. You want that fire back. You want that same thing you felt when you first started training.
    Read full interview...

WWW.MMA-FOCUS.COM

CHECK OUT OUR UFC 117 PREVIEW

We're looking for people to write in a say what they thought after watching UFC 117. Whatever you like, and we'll post the best 10. Just let us know where you're from and your name, part of full.

Send them into info@mma-focus.com

This weeks “5 Questions With” we ask UFC Welterweight fighter Marcus “The Irish Hand Grenade” Davis 5 MMA related questions.

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with-marcus-davis/

Check out our full report on Clan Wars 4 that took place last night in the Armagh City Hotel.

You can see fight by fight commentary right here

just read the piece guys-excellent-well done :)

Check out this weeks interview as we caught up with Damien 'The Rage' Rooney before his big fight at Cage Contender this weekend.

Hear about his training and thoughts on his opponent right here

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Irish Fighting Championship

The IFC | Irish Fighting Championship

We are proud to announce the launch of a new MMA Promotion for Ireland.

Check out the website for more details.... http://www.IFCfight.com

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact us or ask here...

Fighters: fighters.ifc@gmail.com
    Fans: social.ifc@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

http://fighthounds.com/irish-events/growing-pains-and-irish-mma/

My first article, heavily based off the wonderful topic started earlier today and how many events are looking for fighters.

Advertisement