Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA News from other sites go in here.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

MMA News, and advertising other mma sites go here from now on, If the article or interview wants to be pasted into a new thread that's all fine-but there is way to much promotion of other sites going on that is been complained about lots and the links can go in here, if stuff is posted on the main page it will be moved here, and if it persists infractions etc will kick in..

If the UFC decide to post there links they will also get moved in here as that's clearly advertising.

This does not stop the likes of "Cage contender" for example having a continuous thread telling there news on fights but but new threads are unnecessary and take away from the good threads already on here. Threads directing traffic away from here are a no go.
    Thanks v much

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MMAIRELAND.ORG

Strikeforce Middleweight Champion and top ten ranked middleweight Jake Shields gave us and exclusive interview before his big fight with Dan Henderson in the comming weeks.

We asked Jake questions about how he got into the game, what his training and diet is leading up to a big fight and also what advice he would give to young and up comming fighters.

His achievements in MMA include:
    "Strikeforce Middleweight Champion
    2 X EliteXC Welterweight Champion
    Rumble on the Rock Welterweight Champion
    Shooto Middleweight World Champion
    Shooto America’s & Pacific Rim Champion
    Gladiator Challenge Welterweight Champion
    Midwest Fighting Superfight Champion
    U.A.G.F. Fighting North American Champion"

You can read the interview here

Hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks, from all at MMAIRELAND.org

Sorry about the delay folks we were having internet problems last night.

This weeks interview is with former UFC fighter and top Irish Heavyweight Colin 'Big C' Robinson.

Colin gives us the advice he would give to young athletes, his training program, his future plans in MMA and also his opinions of the current Irish MMA circuit.

Read it here

Thanks from all at MMAIRELAND.org

Hey guys,

We interviewed Lithuania fighter Artemij Sitenkov to find out his thoughts on his upcomming match up with Paul McVeigh, his European title fight and got some insight into his MMA experiences.

Check it out here

This weeks interview is with Team Ryano's Neil Seery.

One of Irelands top fighters and a gentleman who has big things ahead of him in the sport.

Read it here

This week’s interview is with current Cage Contender lightweight champion and Irish MMA veteran Martin Begley.

Martin has squared off against some of the top talent in Ireland and the UK including TUF contestant Martin Stapleton, Daniel 'Denzil Thomas, Greg Loughran and Aidan Marron to name a few.

As always log on to hear his training regime, thoughts on past opponents and what his plans are for the future.

You can read it here

• Advertisement

Its that time of month again were we like to bring you guys a big interview from a fighter across the pond!

This week we talked to UFC superstar and future lightweight title contender Gray Maynard about his life, how he got his big break, his training and he even gave a shout out to all of the Irish fans.

You can read it here

Enjoy,

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Coming up on this weeks(tue) 'Punchin and Crunchin' we bring you an interview with one of Irelands MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu legends-John Kavanagh,a conversation with one of the countries most talented mma stars (8-0) Aisling Daly,the lowdown on UFC 113 as well as 'MMA NEWS' and 'WHATS GOING ON?' all this and some rockin songs and you got your weekly action packed edition of 'Punchin and Crunchin' so listen in live right here http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php?option=com_avreloaded&view=popup&Itemid=1&divid=avreloaded0 from 8pm to 9pm on Tue evening and also past shows right here http://www.myspace.com/punchinandcrunchinfm and also our full back catalogue of shows right here http://fight.ie/

This weeks interview is with Team Ryano coach and Irish MMA veteran Andy Ryan.

You can read how Andy first made the transition from judo to MMA, what goes on at Team Ryano and his thoughts on Irish MMA.

Read it here

We talked to Belfast born former boxing World Champion Wayne 'Pocket Rocket' McCullough about his life as a boxer, his experiences as a professional fighter and his new relationship with the UFC.

He also talks about why he thinks MMA is going from strength to strength while boxing is losing support everyday and why he loves Mixed Martial Arts.

Check it out here

We interviewed Ali Maclean today ahead of his big fight with Daniel Thomas in Cagewarriors.

Check it out here

• Advertisement

This weeks interview is with one of Irelands most highly rated young fighters, Norman Parke.

Norman talks about his training, his toughest opponents to date and his future plans in MMA.

Check it out here

Thanks,

From all at MMAIRELAND.ORG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

More interesting thoughts on training and mindology from Steve Morris.

http://stevemorris.livejournal.com/39699.html

His entire blog is a bit of a goldmine if you havent found it yet.

This weeks interview is with EFR's Kevin McAlonan.

Kevin has been on the Irish and UK MMA scene for many years and is one of the top fighters comming out of the renowned EFR gym.

A great fighter and one of the most humble and down to earth guys in the sport... check out his interview here

Also check out Ali Macleans interview before his big fight at OMMAC this weekend in the UK here

Thanks,

From all at MMAIRELAND.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

MMA Competition!

Competition to win one of our hoodies begins today! Just tell us why you think you deserve to win.....make your entries interesting/funny/unique as the best one will win! U can choose whichever hoodie you like from our website. Closing date for entry is Wednesday June 16th at 6pm. Get spreading the word! (",) See our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swords-Ireland/Ultimate-MMA-Supplies/150174652171?ref=ts&__a=44

This weeks interview is with rising star and joker Ali Maclean.

Very funny interview from a top prospect who will be making the move to the UK shortly.

Check it our here

This weeks interview is with grappling ace and veteran Mixed Martial Artist Jeff 'The Snowman' Monson.

Jeff has fought on the biggest promotions in the World including a fight for the UFC heavyweight title.

He talks about his training, lifestyle and fighting career as well as the advice he would give to guys just getting started.

Chech it out here

Thanks from all at MMAIRELAND.ORG

This weeks interview is with Cage Contender owner John Ferguson.

John talks about how the promotion came about, the future plans for the show, the Cage Contender vs Cage Wars argument and why he thinks Cage Contender has seen so much success in such a short period of time.

Check it out here

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Irish MMA fighter Paul Cowzer jumps in the hot seat for this weeks "5 Questions With".

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with-paul-cowzer/

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Irish MMA fighter Paul Cowzer jumps in the hot seat for this weeks "5 Questions With".

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with-paul-cowzer/
    Very good job David.Interesting and informative.You and Gary from mmaireland.org do some really good work but its a pity you guys(and others) have to post in this seperate thread where alot of people won't get to see your hard work. Articles and news on irish mma is not nearly as easy to come(i understand the research and time you guys put into it and just for the love of the sport) by as say the ufc etc but yet all the irish sites are taken off the main thread and put in a thread on its own away from it all????? there is something wrong somewhere. just looking at the main thread and you can see its mostly international mma but this is supposed to be boards. 'ie' ???? no logic to it at all. whatever motivation the moderators have to do this is beyond me. i for one would like to see Irish mma been given priority over overseas mma- not to be 'hidden' away. hell i might even get told off for voicing my opinion but its.....my opinion. but keep up the good work guys and i look forward to all your quality work in the future........and hopefully not hidden away in this thread on its own

• Advertisement

Thanks for the kinds words Baz. I agree with what you are saying but I guess it's up to the mods. I am just happy we have a place we can post things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

baz123 wrote: »
    Very good job David.Interesting and informative.You and Gary from mmaireland.org do some really good work but its a pity you guys(and others) have to post in this seperate thread where alot of people won't get to see your hard work. Articles and news on irish mma is not nearly as easy to come(i understand the research and time you guys put into it and just for the love of the sport) by as say the ufc etc but yet all the irish sites are taken off the main thread and put in a thread on its own away from it all????? there is something wrong somewhere. just looking at the main thread and you can see its mostly international mma but this is supposed to be boards. 'ie' ???? no logic to it at all. whatever motivation the moderators have to do this is beyond me. i for one would like to see Irish mma been given priority over overseas mma- not to be 'hidden' away. hell i might even get told off for voicing my opinion but its.....my opinion. but keep up the good work guys and i look forward to all your quality work in the future........and hopefully not hidden away in this thread on its own

I totally agree.....

This is the very reason that www.fight.ie have stopped posting our news and features on boards. News is News and should be treated as such.

None of us above are trying to take people away from boards.ie (i use it for Cage Contender every day). We are not advertising for commercial gain, we are offering a much requested and needed service to the Irish MMA scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

baz123 wrote: »
    whatever motivation the moderators have to do this is beyond me. i for one would like to see Irish mma been given priority over overseas mma- not to be 'hidden' away. hell i might even get told off for voicing my opinion but its.....my opinion.

Barry it's getting old now, you've said this to me by phone, and in person, this thread was set up to give you a chance to put up stuff that otherwise would have been seen as advertising and deleted with you getting a ban-so thats the motivation, you should be gratefull but instead are whingeing like a spoilt child. If you dont't like it dont post on it.
    fightie wrote: »
    I totally agree.....

This is the very reason that fight.ie, have stopped posting our news and features on boards. News is News and should be treated as such. .

If all you want to do is let people know the "news" and some random fighter interviewed is not news by the way-then post the article not the link to your webpage straight on the forum, but you dont because that would not increase your web traffic-this allows you to post up your link and tbh if people are interested in what you's offer they will check it out, if there not they wont-i click into MMAIRELAND.ORGS links every week as i'm interested, others wont cause they dont care what Paul cowzer has to say etc...

cowzerp wrote: »
    If all you want to do is let people know the "news" and some random fighter interviewed is not news by the way-then post the article not the link to your webpage straight on the forum, but you dont because that would not increase your web traffic-this allows you to post up your link and tbh if people are interested in what you's offer they will check it out, if there not they wont-i click into MMAIRELAND.ORGS links every week as i'm interested, others wont cause they dont care what Paul cowzer has to say etc...

Paul the fact you do or don't find something interesting does not mean someone else on the forum might have a different view :)

and also to be very clear, the site traffic from fight.ie hasnt dropped from it stopped putting articles on here. We are still getting over 30,000 hits per month.

Anyway that's my views on it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

fightie wrote: »
    Paul the fact you do or don't find something interesting does not mean someone else on the forum might have a different view :).

I never said that i did not find it interesting and you have just repeated what i said in different words, some will want to go there and some wont.

im quite sick of trying to help people out and get it flung back in my face.

im quite sick of trying to help people out and get it flung back in my face.

lol the joy of climbing on your moral stead and keeping us all in order :D

mate, I'm not throwing it back in your face because I know the hassle you went to just to be allowed to keep this section and I appreciate that. I was just agreeing with Baz and making my point (no **** stirring intended)

john

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GAA_PUNTER

Weekly MMA Round up
    This week in MMA news, we take a look at the outcomes at UFC 116, at how WWE wrestler David Batista may be looking to emulate the likes of Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley by joining the MMA world and at one of Ireland’s biggest MMA promotions forth coming event Cage Contender V.

Full article on
    http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/07/09/weekly-mma-round-up-9th-july-2010/

Hey guys,

This week we interviewed Paul McLaughlin about Clan Wars and asked him about the future plans for the promotion, who he would like to see fight on the show, his plans about having a show abroad and various other things. Check it out here

We also interviewed Liam Shannon ahead of his big fight with Cathal Pendred at the upcomming Cage Contender show. Check out Liams thoughts on his opponent here

In the run up to the event we will have a lot more interviews with more of the fighters that are on the card so watch this space or check out the interview section of the site.

Thanks,

From all at MMAIRELAND.org

This weeks “5 Questions With” we ask female MMA fighter Kim “Sugar Free” Couture 5 MMA related questions.

http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/5-questions-with%E2%80%9D-kim-couture/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eric123

Barry it's getting old now, you've said this to me by phone, and in person, this thread was set up to give you a chance to put up stuff that otherwise would have been seen as advertising and deleted with you getting a ban-so thats the motivation, you should be gratefull but instead are whingeing like a spoilt child. If you dont't like it dont post on it.

paul i really disagree with what your saying and how your trying to embarrass people by saying it, im new to mma but i know that you dont do that and its even worse saying it were other people can see it, you are putting people down who are trying to promote irish mma, and i might add you are not pracicing martial arts with that kind of behaviour, im new to boards too and had to really look for irish mma news and found it in this small thread, theres loads of websites covering ufc and mma abroad and you have it on the front page, im a huge fan of reading and hearing interviews of irish mma, get a grip paul and stop calling people names your not only giving the sport bad press but also mixed martial arts

Advertisement