Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance for Young Drivers

Options
2»

Comments

Funny, I'm 26 and Axa have just insured me on a 3 litre, v6.

Have you got a full no claims? I didn't at the time, maybe that had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Have you got a full no claims? I didn't at the time, maybe that had something to do with it.
    Have 4 years.
    Having a partner as named driver helps things as well.

Have 4 years.
    Having a partner as named driver helps things as well.

yeh I had 3 years with my husband as named!

Bastids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

fergm wrote: »
    I'm a 23 year old driver and I pay €660 a year on a 1.3 liter car with Axa direct on their student first policy.

did they ask for any proof that you are a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

some companies make little to no sense when it comes to quotes

I'm 22, 2yrs NCB, full license 1yr

- chill for me seem to give very good quotes on powerful Nissans and Subarus but wouldn't quote for most cars from Toyota Honda Audi and Ford

- 123.ie gave me excellent quotes on any powerful german cars; Porsche Audi and BMW and softops like an MX-5 or Lotus Elise, but the only quick jap cars they'd quote were Glanzas and VTi Civic

- Quinn were quoting me slightly less then I'm paying now on my 1.8 Mondeo on any of 1991 Corolla GTi, Audi Quattro UR, BMW E30 318is or Fiesta XR2i

one tip I'd give is get a quote with an older experienced driver as a named driver, for the ex it brought down her quote by €400 when starting out

Another thing I found out is a lot of brokers seem to be under the bestquote brand
    so you won't get any better quote by traveling around and you'll be wasting your own time, as I found out last year

but the smaller independent brokers can get very good quotes, especially for more powerful cars

ones I know off the top of my head being

- first ireland
    - Arachas
    - National Insurance Online

they'd be the equivalent of Adrian Flux in the Uk, I'm sure there's a few more around too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

did they ask for any proof that you are a student?

they did look for proof alright, had to email them a scanned picture of my student card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chill.ie (Conor)

@projectgtr: We do provide insurance for imports. If you would like to call us or log on to www.chill.ie we would be more than happy to quote you and your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

650 with Zurich 3rd party
    24 year old
    Full Irish license for 1.5 years
    0 years NCB with 2000k claim
    00 1.0 Micra

I thought that was good value. The year before with same details except 1 year NCB it was 550 with Axa.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

fergm wrote: »
    they did look for proof alright, had to email them a scanned picture of my student card

that puts that plan out the window anyway

my insurance is up with quinn on sunday €1200 to renew axa are €865

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I just received my renewal from an AXA Broker.

€640 Fully Comp.

I am 29 with just under 5 years no claims.

I have my full licence over a year and will be 30 in June.

I only drive a 1.3L so the quote seems quite high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Just took the advice of naming my girlfriend as a named driver.

I got a quote of €439 Fully Comp from AIB.

Advertisement