Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Eishtec are running a recruitment open day in the Tower Hotel, Waterford on Monday January 12th 2015. I don't know how many or who they are recuiting, just came across it advertised.

http://www.eishtec.com/eishtec-open-day-january-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Think you'll find a couple of posts about those guys here - some refer to people who herd cattle from horseback.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

anyone know anything about focus one near the ramada or the viking as its called now. I think its an outbound call centre. Just wondering has anyone worked there or know of anyone working there and what do they actually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emagine_media

Emagine are hiring a web developer atm emagine dot ie slash careers

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Emagine are hiring a web developer atm emagine dot ie slash careers
    What level of experience is required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 emagine_media

It's all on the website. Proficiency in a fair few things web related.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

It's all on the website. Proficiency in a fair few things web related.
    Ahh okay I just recently graduated I'll take a look thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Parttimer1

Part time position available as a driver in local based courier company.

Position will cover annual leave, sick leave and busy periods. Approx minimum of 6 months work during the year.

Ideal candidate needs to be over 25, have a full clean B drivers licence and a good knowledge of Waterford City & County, and South Kilkenny. Previous experience ideal but not necessary.

If you think this might suit you drop me a PM and i will give the email address to forward your CV onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Has anyone heard anything about Nypro? I have an aptitude test there next week. Though I sent my application directly to Nypro, the lady said that I would be working for them, but would be employed by Hartley People on a temp basis. Does anyone know anything about the set-up?
    I know bagging the gig is a long shot, but any advice is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Ah man. Employed by Hartley People. Those guys are muppets. Joined them years ago, Get a christmas card off them now and again. Disgusting that employment agencies are being paid to find people and then maybe get a cut of the pay as well.

• Advertisement

OK Seanaway, that doesn't sound so good. Eeeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

sent my cv to them last summer got reply back havent heard a word since have done a few apptitude tests in the past one was the pharmaceutical factory down the road from nypro had two or three different kind of apptitude tests on the day there nypro will probably do the same kind of tests i could be right or wrong there good luck in the tests.

Thanks Tramoreman! I give an update next week when I have it done. The whole agency thing has me worried. Especially when I didn't apply through an agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

crustybla wrote: »
    Thanks Tramoreman! I give an update next week when I have it done. The whole agency thing has me worried. Especially when I didn't apply through an agency.

It's a fairly standard industry thing. They employ you through an agency so you are never an employee of theirs. It allows them to grow the workforce without upping the headcount.

It probably makes sense, just all new to me. No harm in going along, it will be an experience if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ramada Looking for Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

Chef de Partie and Commis Chef positions available ‪#‎jobfairy‬ email CV's for the attention of Chef Jean Baptiste Dubois to info@athenaeumhousehotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know how you would go about applying for the new 3 call centre, have they started recruiting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone know how you would go about applying for the new 3 call centre, have they started recruiting yet?

Someone told me they're having an open day/night in the Tower Hotel. They might have said it's tonight or tomorrow but I can't remember to be honest. It was definitely the Tower though so if I were looking, I'd ring the Tower and ask when the Tech Mahindra open day/night was and they'll surely be able to set you straight. I don't know whether it's like open interviews or just an introduction to tell you how to apply etc but I'd err on the side of caution and arrive prepared for essentially an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Someone told me they're having an open day/night in the Tower Hotel. They might have said it's tonight or tomorrow but I can't remember to be honest. It was definitely the Tower though so if I were looking, I'd ring the Tower and ask when the Tech Mahindra open day/night was and they'll surely be able to set you straight. I don't know whether it's like open interviews or just an introduction to tell you how to apply etc but I'd err on the side of caution and arrive prepared for essentially an interview.

Open evening is tonight in the Tower. Bring CV. It's on between 5 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Did you have an aptitude test after? What kind of questions did they ask?

A friend of mine told me that they take on through agency first to see if you are any good. If you get on ok you'll be kept on so don't worry.

Did you get the job??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steveob87

Hi guys

Does anyone know is there any weekend shifts going in any waterford factories?

Thanks

Did you have an aptitude test after? What kind of questions did they ask?

A friend of mine told me that they take on through agency first to see if you are any good. If you get on ok you'll be kept on so don't worry.

Did you get the job??

The test was grand, easy addition, some measurements, you'd be finished in plenty of time. They rang me the following Tue saying I had an interview but I had decided by then that if I was offered an interview I would decline. I was very polite and grateful but it wasn't for me.
    It's shiftwork, 6-2, 2-10, 10-6, or 12-12 (am and pm). You can be called in anytime so you might only get a day or two a week. Also a portion of your wages goes to the agency. This I didn't like.
    I left a previous job after years of shiftwork, I'm now working part-time, looking for something a bit better, but I didn't want to leave after thinking about this one.
    It would be fine if anyone is happy enough to do it, maybe in time they would employ you (from the agency) so you may be guaranteed a full week.

Steveob87 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Thanks

I heard Bausch and Lomb are taking on for weekend shifts. Don't know how true it is but no harm to submit a cv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Steveob87 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Thanks
    I heard Bausch and Lomb are taking on for weekend shifts. Don't know how true it is but no harm to submit a cv.

Yeah Bausch & Lomb have been recruiting for weekend shifts for the last couple of months. I'm not sure if they're finished now but would be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Thanks Crustybla. My husband is going for aptitude test on Friday but she neglected to mention that he may only get a day or two here and there. That would be no good to him. Might ring them tomorrow. She gave the impression it was temporary but full time?? The shifts wouldn't bother him but it would have to be full time. How did you find out it was only a day here and there.
    The test was grand, easy addition, some measurements, you'd be finished in plenty of time. They rang me the following Tue saying I had an interview but I had decided by then that if I was offered an interview I would decline. I was very polite and grateful but it wasn't for me.
    It's shiftwork, 6-2, 2-10, 10-6, or 12-12 (am and pm). You can be called in anytime so you might only get a day or two a week. Also a portion of your wages goes to the agency. This I didn't like.
    I left a previous job after years of shiftwork, I'm now working part-time, looking for something a bit better, but I didn't want to leave after thinking about this one.
    It would be fine if anyone is happy enough to do it, maybe in time they would employ you (from the agency) so you may be guaranteed a full week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Anyone know what tech mahindra or whatever they are called are paying an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know what tech mahindra or whatever they are called are paying an hour?

Pretty much minimum wage.

• Advertisement

Thanks Crustybla. My husband is going for aptitude test on Friday but she neglected to mention that he may only get a day or two here and there. That would be no good to him. Might ring them tomorrow. She gave the impression it was temporary but full time?? The shifts wouldn't bother him but it would have to be full time. How did you find out it was only a day here and there.

Sorry I'm only seeing this now! Before we did the aptitude test the lady explained the shift patterns and gave us a print out of them. She said if we got the job we could be called in for any of them at any given time and that some weeks we might not be called at all. Maybe your husband's situation might be different. No harm in him going to do the aptitude test and he'll find out more there. Best of luck!

Advertisement