Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Both Aldi and Lidl looking for staff at the moment.

Also, the pizza place by Poleberry is looking for some seasonal staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Heyyopauly

Sky are apparently paying minuim wage. So pay will be better my arse. Citi are opening up in waterford aswell,announcement made last week. Interesting times ahead in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Heyyopauly wrote: »
    Sky are apparently paying minuim wage. So pay will be better my arse. Citi are opening up in waterford aswell,announcement made last week. Interesting times ahead in waterford.

Citi will be graduates only I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

savic04 wrote: »
    Citi will be graduates only I think.

Yep 3rd level graduates only with qualifications in finance and areas like that so it won;t make much of a difference to the unemployed here in city at mo. I say it be 2011 graduates that will be the bulk of who they employ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Heyyopauly wrote: »

Sky is 11 euro an hour basic then moves up after 6 months. Thats what it is in Cork

Also in Cancellations your talking minimum wage then a bonus for saving people. Probably about 750 a week easily. Sales department the same bonus scheme but not as much

Far from minimum wage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

why would sky move to Waterford when they have a cork section doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

tc2010 wrote: »
    Condition was that if sky got a broadband license for Ireland they would open up the centre

I heard they were upgrading the broadband lines into the old UPC building from someone that works in Sky

say it was more to do with the junta reducing the minimum wage,
    there will be thousands of mickey mouse 7€odd a hr jobs springing up now....just what the imf want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

AOL has disintegrated into a hell hole and Sky pay more. So no, its not better to stay where you are :D

to be fair, it was always a hell hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

So how would someone go about applying for the terrible paying jobs in Sky?
    I'm really not fussy I just want a job that will help me afford brand name spaghetti, the tesco shtuff is killing me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Condition was that if sky got a broadband license for Ireland they would open up the centre

I heard they were upgrading the broadband lines into the old UPC building from someone that works in Sky

Its pretty easy become a Broadband supplier in Ireland there's nothing special or very restrictive about doing it, just ask Conmreg.
    So this sounds like something made up by somebody unaware of how the regulations work in Ireland.

Probelm is the Irish market isn't suitable for Sky to just come in and startup from scratch as it would take them years to build up the customer numbers and even longer to create a decent network to compete with Eircom or UPC

Only chance Sky have of rolling out Broadband in Ireland is by buying another company like Digiweb or Vodafone who both have large networks already including LLU. Starting a LLU network from scratch would be suicide as the time for creating a decent LLU network in Ireland has come and gone just ask...BT & Smart.

Sounds like you've been misinformed tbh as I've heard many a time of Sky "sales" people claiming Sky will be rolling out Broadband in Ireland "soon" yet in reality unless they buy another company its a total loss leader and a pipedream.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JackTK78

Sky aren't moving to that NTL building. They outsource their call centre work in Ireland to Abtran in Cork (as already mentioned here I think). That building is being lightly renovated to accomodate some IDA admin staff movement on a temporary basis.

TalkTalk and RD might be minimum wage call centres; they might be going downhill from the "good old days"; But they're still providing jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Any news on the jobs in citi bank i have searched but cant find anyway to apply or havent heard anymore about the jobs. I have a finance degree but qualified in 2009 so presume they will recruit people just out of college anyway, but cant hurt to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I see The Foundry are hiring,here is a picture of the jobs for anybody that's interested.

photonkxw.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Nice to see a few jobs around for a change. Might be worth a punt for anyone looking for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

There was actually a few on it this week, so it's a sign that things are picking up abit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilovechoc

Also wondering about Citi jobs...cant see any advertised...anyone have any further information on how or when to apply?

Bausch and Lomb are taking people on for the weekend shift,I don't know how long the contracts are or what the pay is,but it should be good.They are doing interviews already so if your interested get your CV into the reception there ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

New concession manager position in Debenhams for Kurt Geiger:

http://www.retailchoice.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?NoExpire=1&JobId=49628006&GUID=d81dc798cbf948cbb93e261bf87f8af5

Salary: fantastic benefits package
    Date posted: 26/01/2011 18:40
    Position:Store Management
    jobsSector:Footwear/Accessories jobs
    Job type:Permanent
    Company:Kurt Geiger Ltd
    Ref: RetailChoice Job ID: 49628006

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Email a cv to a hotmail address, I know where I'd tell them to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

kensutz wrote: »
    Email a cv to a hotmail address, I know where I'd tell them to go!

I was going to say I've seen a fair few gmail/hotmail addresses on those fas ads so maybe it's legit but the employer lists their address in singapore :eek: nuff said

Jaysus, I must be stupid....what have I missed?? :confused:

Have e-mailed plenty of CVs to hotmail adresses and got interviews. Is this supposed to be a scam or something??

Jaysus, I must be stupid....what have I missed?? :confused:

Have e-mailed plenty of CVs to hotmail adresses and got interviews. Is this supposed to be a scam or something??

I don't think it is,just had a look at there website and it looks legit,also just googled there address and it brings up the job on a few other sites to.I'd say the hotmail address is just a guy working for them who is looking for contractors to work for him,maybe something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not so much a scam, just unusual to see a gmail/hotmail address in a job advert like that as opposed to a business e-mail address like johnh@company.ie or whatever.

I don't think it is,just had a look at there website and it looks legit,also just googled there address and it brings up the job on a few other sites to.I'd say the hotmail address is just a guy working for them who is looking for contractors to work for him,maybe something like that.

Yeah, I looked up the company Real Time Sportscast and the site seems all legit to me: http://www.rtsportscast.com/jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Anyone know of any handy part time jobs? Latley is seems near to impossible to find a steady PT job. (Nice weekend hours) Due to college its hard to work weekdays but is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

there a fast food joint on O Connell street with a help wanted sign up.

cant think of it's name just saw the sign in the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

jos22 wrote: »

Thanks checking it out tonight :)

jos22 wrote: »

If its the chipper across from Garter Lane its called O'Connell street fish & chips,and if anyone gets the job tell them to put the fish in the same bag as the chips and use real potatoes not frozen ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

the adult store also has a help wanted sign up. if anyone interested

Advertisement