Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

There's a person called BernieBrowne on Twitter looking to recruit a marketing exec/graduate in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Cheers for the posts and it is appearing to me that just dropping in cvs and chating to managers is not enough.
    A lot of the work is being advertised in house between staff and their mates,increasingly making it harder to find.
    I won`t give up and continue trying every avenue surely something has to come up,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

beagle001 wrote: »
    Cheers for the posts and it is appearing to me that just dropping in cvs and chating to managers is not enough.
    A lot of the work is being advertised in house between staff and their mates,increasingly making it harder to find.
    I won`t give up and continue trying every avenue surely something has to come up,thanks

From what I have seen it's not that posts are being filled by peoples mates but jobs always get advertised in-house first as a rule of thumb. If there's a position going it has to be advertised in-house unless they are looking to expand their work force. Most places in Galway at the moment are just advertising by signs on their window, I don't blame them because otherwise they become inundated with call and CVs.

Argos are hiring by the way: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1007/argos.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

lion_bar wrote: »
    There's a person called BernieBrowne on Twitter looking to recruit a marketing exec/graduate in Galway.

Small world - Bernie is a neighbour of mine from Mayo and would be a sound person to work for/with.

My boss was saying this week that she getting unprecedented nos. of CVs every week from people with great qualifications looking for work, some even offering to tutor for free to get some experience on their CV. (hint hint "ye're lucky to have jobs"). There's nothing though cos of PS recruitment ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Argos are no longer giving out application forms, they claimed they gave too many out, this was on thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I am currently looking for promotions work, I'm in college and I can't commit to a full or part time job but I still need some money and its vaguely in the area I would like to work in for the future (Marketing).

If anyone knows of anything going it would be massively appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement