Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky 3d

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ken Lane wrote: »

For just over €900 think it is quite reasonable for 3D and very happy with TV anyway.

Yet people Baulk at paying €200 to install Satellite or a new Aerial for their HDTV :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

sky3d.jpg?t=1286008783

My 3D experience thus far....:)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am enjoying the Ryder Cup in 3D super stuff. Finally getting to put this 3D TV to good use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ken Lane

Good to hear TCP/IP

Also looking to get 3D working with SKY 3D.

Did you need to do anything with TV other than buy emitter and glasses ?

3D effect disabled on my TV at the moment -- How did you get this enabled - (Do I need to upgrade firmware or will it detect emitter plugged in ?)

What Glasses are you using ?

Thanks for info.,

Ken

Hi

I did not need to do anything I have a panasonic 50 inch and it came with everything you need in the box. Simply turn over to Sky 3D put on the glasses and away you go.

What TV do you have.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

• Advertisement

Cheers,

Have a Samsung PS50B451B2W.

Does not have integrated emitter to need to buy one with the glasses which plugs into 3D sync out connector at back of TV.

No real help from samsung -- they do not even push the 3D aspect of the TV.

Have read about it not being capable of showing side by side (which sky transmit) and needs checkerboard format to show 3D. Not very familiar with how 3D works though to know if this make sense.

3D effect option not available though which may indicate that it does not know it is receiving a 3D signal.

Thanks,

Ken

So it won't work ever with Sky 3D. Sky transmit two 960 x1080i images side by side in a 1920 x 1080i frame. Some Non-3D HDTVs may even display this. (Just as FTA receivers can show dual, triple, quad and hex reduced resolution content in a 720x 576i frame that's often rescaled for Interactive (menu picks part of frame to resize to full screen on Sky Interactive)

makes sense to me.

Looks like it .......

Unless it is possible to get some converter down the line.

Extremely unlikely.

That TV will not work with Sky 3D I am afraid. Need to be able to the side by side format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

i thought the whole idea of 3d tv was boring...but 3d tv with golf takes the biscuit....next it will be cricket !! :D

Advertisement