Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How realistic is The Wind That Shakes the Barley?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

karlog wrote: »
    Low budget film so not very realistic at all.

...excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Low budget film so not very realistic at all.

Next time they should get Michael Bay to make it, there'll be robots and explosions with some little hottie in it...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Come on, every body knows you need to have a big budget before you can make anything realistic...

I mean, there weren't even any lasers or CGI robots in it FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Come on, every body knows you need to have a big budget before you can make anything realistic...

I mean, there weren't even any lasers or CGI robots in it FFS.

Well there was no gunshot and blood effects. May of been realistic for audiences in the 60's when films like Zulu were made but not in this decade.

By the way i don't know if the events portrayed in the film are realistic but i know the ones in Michael Collins aren't(good effects in the film though).:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well there was no gunshot and blood effects. May of been realistic for audiences in the 60's when films like Zulu were made but not in this decade.

By the way i don't know if the events portrayed in the film are realistic but i know the ones in Michael Collins aren't(good effects in the film though).:P

If you actually read the thread, you would realise that by 'realistic' the OP was considering its historical accuracy.

Not whether or not the angle and spread of the blood spatter was consistent with a 1910's era rifle wound...

I certainly wouldn't grade films on how 'realistic' the FX are...

• Advertisement
Advertisement