Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to avoid?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

yup.. No 5C ..WRH, Ardkeen, John's Hill, Clock tower, Balybricken, Hillview.. 25mins in bus and another 10 mins walking from Hilview to Lisduggan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

yup.. No 5C ..WRH, Ardkeen, John's Hill, Clock tower, Balybricken, Hillview.. 25mins in bus and another 10 mins walking from Hilview to Lisduggan :(

Ah sure it's better than having to change bus I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

ziedth wrote: »
    It's personal experience in my part lads,

Mate of mine was surrounded by scumbags down in cherrymount so I dunno maybe it's grand

ballybeg and larchville I'm sure don't need an explanation.

Houses in templers hall look fine but I'm sure being surrounded by students might put someone off

apartments in and around the quay I have lived in for 2 years and IMO it's a nightmare espically over there where aldi is and around. Again, just personal opinion.

If you drive op best stick with dunmore road and I thought lismore park was fine when I lived there.

And yes, one of these :) usually means a joke k?
    you quoted this a few months ago as well i live in cherrymount for 11 years and am rearing a family here with no problems just cause 1 of your friends had hassle it dosent mean the lads were from here . thats giving my neighbourhood a underserved bad name imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

deise48 wrote: »
    you quoted this a few months ago as well i live in cherrymount for 11 years and am rearing a family here with no problems just cause 1 of your friends had hassle it dosent mean the lads were from here . thats giving my neighbourhood a underserved bad name imo

He tends to give a lot of neighborhoods a undeserved bad name not just cherrymount.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

deise48 wrote: »

That's fair enough,

I did say there that maybe it's grand and I'm not from Waterford City so I only go in my own experience about a place ya know? Hearing about the chaps experience kinda put it in my head for years.

I retract the statement about cherrymount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

He tends to give a lot of neighborhoods a undeserved bad name not just cherrymount.

The OP asked areas that we think he should avoid and taking away cherrymount that i admit was an (wrong) opinion I had based on a mates experience I stand by everything else I suggested there.

There are better areas to stay then Larchville, Lisduggan, Ballybeg, templers hall and the apartments down by the quay. I didn't make any comments about the estates or places only that I wouldn't stay there for the reasons quoted. To say that I'm giving these place a bad rep is a major jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

ziedth wrote: »
    The OP asked areas that we think he should avoid and taking away cherrymount that i admit was an (wrong) opinion I had based on a mates experience I stand by everything else I suggested there.

There are better areas to stay then Larchville, Lisduggan, Ballybeg, templers hall and the apartments down by the quay. I didn't make any comments about the estates or places only that I wouldn't stay there for the reasons quoted. To say that I'm giving these place a bad rep is a major jump.
    If you never lived in any of these estates,what makes you such an expert?There are a few gurriers as there is in every estate but I lived in one of those estates for 20 years and never had any hassle.If you make statements like these I suggest you rent a house in one of mentioned estates for 1 year and then make your comments based on your experience.Some of the best people in Waterford came from these so called places to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

molby wrote: »
    If you never lived in any of these estates,what makes you such an expert?There are a few gurriers as there is in every estate but I lived in one of those estates for 20 years and never had any hassle.If you make statements like these I suggest you rent a house in one of mentioned estates for 1 year and then make your comments based on your experience.Some of the best people in Waterford came from these so called places to avoid.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Could you avoid my area please? Thanks

molby wrote: »

I never said I was an expert and I certainly never said anything about people living there with the exception of students in templers hall, it's just my opinion that I personally wouldn't live there given the choice,

In all honesty I wouldn't live in any part of town again, I enjoy the country life!

• Advertisement
Advertisement