Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aslan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess, you've completely derailed this thread, presumably there's something in the charter about that too?
    You're right - I hold my hand up. I'm not the only one though, in fairness (people whom you agree with have done so too ;)).
    So you don't agree with something that somebody said here, don't take it so personally
    Again, applicable to others. :)

But fair points: you're an example of someone who can be civil and non trollish when expressing their disagreement with someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

The reason i said if you don't like them GTFO is cause people like dudess are putting the thread way off topic, and it will be closed, which i dont want to happen.

To answer an earlier question, Nothing Rhymed, Jealous Guy and Telephone Line. I suggested Maggie May for the album. I also suggested Champagne Supernova :(

Anyone go to "The Gig" last night? Were they good?

I think they should be playing more stuff from "Waiting for this madness to end" and "For some strange reason" in their gigs.

Some fans just cant let go of the oldies though

neil_18_ wrote: »
    The reason i said if you don't like them GTFO is cause people like dudess are putting the thread way off topic, and it will be closed, which i dont want to happen.
    You said GTFO to anyone who might attack them, so no, different thing all together. My posts are in relation to being sick sh1t of people being accused of music snobbery/wannabe coolness/begrudgery on this forum for opinions that are no less valid than anyone else's.

But you're right - I (and people you agree with) have dragged the thread off topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

To answer an earlier question, Nothing Rhymed, Jealous Guy and Telephone Line. I suggested Maggie May for the album. I also suggested Champagne Supernova :(

Jealous Guy was my favourite too. I remember them on a radio show listing the songs they were considering or had even recorded setting expections too high for me which resulted in my disappointment on the selection of some tracks. I guess it was a licensing thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

rovert wrote: »
    Jealous Guy was my favourite too. I remember them on a radio show listing the songs they were considering or had even recorded setting expections too high for me which resulted in my disappointment on the selection of some tracks. I guess it was a licensing thing.

Ye they said that another album of covers is possible. "Lover, you should've come over" by Jeff Buckley will more than likely be on it if it happens.

I hope we get a new album from them by the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Ye they said that another album of covers is possible. "Lover, you should've come over" by Jeff Buckley will more than likely be on it if it happens.

Or another boxset even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Why are you making vague negative comments about a band in a thread about them is another question?
    Doesnt add much to the discussion is the issue. Like or dislike but have a reasonably constructed reason why. It is a much better alternative to posting "dull" and "awful" which adds little to the discussion.

Having a reasoned opinion doesnt make you a muscial snob.

You taking the topic off topic
    Please stop.

The reason i said if you don't like them GTFO is cause people like dudess are putting the thread way off topic
    Dudess, you've completely derailed this thread, presumably there's something in the charter about that too? I think if you want to have this argument you should start a new thread on it somewhere else on boards.

If you come onto threads looking to be offended you'll rarely be disappointed, if you take them at face value you'll more than likely find that nobody was trying to offend you in the first place.

Guys, Dudess seems to spend her days going into threads and finding ways to take offence in order to pick fights with people for no reason. And despite four other posters here asking her to please stop she just keeps going. I agree she has totally derailed the thread and has contributed nothing but trouble and I don't know why she hasn't been banned yet. Anyway with 20,000 posts and seemingly little to do, I don't think she will stop. Unless she is banned, I guess all the other posters here can do is ignore her.

I like Jealous Guy too and I think it's a true reflection of a band who are clearly in music for all the right reasons when Aslan keep going the way they do after all these years.

finding ways to take offence in order to pick fights with people for no reason... I don't know why she hasn't been banned yet.
    http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

For the crazed personal harassment campaigns and such...

Interesting how so much of the songs being chosen here are covers.

Dudess wrote: »
    Interesting how so much of the songs being chosen here are covers.

*facepalm*

As I asked a question about a covers album......

Fair enough - sorry! :D

• Advertisement

Fair enough - sorry! :D

Which is their most recent album released last year. Remember when I asked for reasoned opinons?

Haven't a clue - I go by any songs I've heard by them, which aren't my thing personally. There's worse, sure, but I just don't like their sound - 'tis the way it is.

I know there'll be disingenuous claims of "you haven't done your research bla bla" obviously but as if anyone is going to go through the albums of bands whose songs they hear on the radio they dislike. Nothing unusual or wrong about people making their minds up based on this - anyone here who'll say they wouldn't do it... is lying. :)

Haven't a clue - I go by any songs I've heard by them, which aren't my thing personally. There's worse, sure, but I just don't like their sound - 'tis the way it is.

I know there'll be disingenuous claims of "you haven't done your research bla bla" obviously but as if anyone is going to go through the albums of bands whose songs they hear on the radio they dislike. Nothing unusual or wrong about people making their minds up based on this - anyone here who'll say they wouldn't do it... is lying. :)

Once again I dont think you are adding much to the thread - you disliking or liking the band is immaterial to that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. enough of the bickering!

Let this be the end of it!

Once again I dont think you are adding much to the thread - you disliking or liking the band is immaterial to that opinion.
    But you did ask - I was only answering. :)

Sorry, just saw Basquille's post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but what band did the song crazy world originate with? It came up in a quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure what the question is.

Aslan wrote Crazy World, so it originated with them I suppose.

Are you asking who wrote it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

There have been a few songs titled ‘Crazy World’ over the years. Aslan wrote the one performed & sung by Aslan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

The question was who's song was it originally?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement