Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 8 Point Plan to Reform Student Politics

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Oh, you've really got me now. I'd better go cry.

Just saying. I don't know you and you know me, and seem particularly, pyschotically aggressive. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Denerick. Stop arguing about it. Don't send me PMs. Either grow up and become a useful and contributing part of this little online community or leave and leave now. You have insulted enough people and the work that they do.

I have no issue with an argument, in fact I often relish it. So argue, have a forceful and extreme opinion, just quit being an a$$.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

On which side do I stand? On the one hand, Denerick is Denerick , on the other this business of holding personal information over someone head unless they reform or depart is nasty. I find the issuing of threats distasteful and this behaviour bordering on bullying. It will not stand, it will not stand.

Boston wrote: »
    On which side do I stand? On the one hand, Denerick is Denerick , on the other this business of holding personal information over someone head unless they reform or depart is nasty. I find the issuing of threats distasteful and this behaviour bordering on bullying. It will not stand, it will not stand.

Although I'm not sure you're genuine, I agree with the sentiment. All I'd like to know is how these people know what they do about me. It is not an unreasonable request.

I'm genuine. How do they know you are who you are. Answer, you told them. In this thread. You confirmed a suspicion. Please tell me you didn't really think the internet afforded you any real anonymity. If someone does not know who you are, it is only because they have not cared to look before now.

• Advertisement

I'm genuine. How do they know you are who you are. Answer, you told them. In this thread. You confirmed a suspicion. Please tell me you didn't really think the internet afforded you any real anonymity. If someone does not know who you are, it is only because they have not cared to look before now.

The fact they did a bit of digging around and threw this out there is creepy. Genuinely creepy. But anyway, I'll stop now. Last post in TCD. I've been hounded out by the thought police :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

Denerick wrote: »
    Just saying. I don't know you and you know me, and seem particularly, pyschotically aggressive. Strange.

I fail to see anything I've posted that is "pyschotically" aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

The people posting information about Denerick should edit their posts. Not a nice thing to do, and no need to stoop to that sort of thing. For shame.

Denerick wrote: »
    The fact they did a bit of digging around and threw this out there is creepy. Genuinely creepy. But anyway, I'll stop now. Last post in TCD. I've been hounded out by the thought police :P

Mystery solved. Now you can either be a victim, or not, the choice is yours.

To clarify and to avoid you being able to implicitly accuse anyone of bullying.

There is no threat. There is a simple request for him to cop on after he personally contacted me and someone else.

The request for him to reform or depart is not a conditional or a threat, it is simply a request. Tbh Boston, I think you need to step away from the semi-moderator high horse you are on, and stop assuming that a response to provocation (which is what the consistent trolling amounts to in my opinion) is bullying.

Edit - Boston got it in one. I remembered seeing it mentioned previously and I have in fact met and spoken to the same individual. I am fortunate enough to have a good memory for people. Plus I am uproariously hungover after a very long weekend and have been online for more hours today than in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Mystery solved. Now you can either be a victim, or not, the choice is yours.

Lol, forgot about posting that... But Higginson posted stuff unrelated to those few lines.

I could probably post your exam results, home address, and contact details etc etc. Sometimes being a former hack has perks.

This seems like a threat.

The Walsho wrote: »
    This seems like a threat.

I could PROBABLY. See, implication and threat are not the same thing.

Also Denerick, I told you not to send me PMs. Please do not do it again.

To clarify and to avoid you being able to implicitly accuse anyone of bullying.

There is no threat. There is a simple request for him to cop on after he personally contacted me and someone else.

The request for him to reform or depart is not a conditional or a threat, it is simply a request. Tbh Boston, I think you need to step away from the semi-moderator high horse you are on, and stop assuming that a response to provocation (which is what the consistent trolling amounts to in my opinion) is bullying.

Nice example of Irony. You gave the chap an ultimatum, leave or behave, and then you accuse me of acting as a moderator. There is an undercurrent of menace about your posting of " I could probably post your exam results, home address, and contact details", the implication clear. A foolish move to bring someone real life into an online disagreement. To feed to fawning sheep with cheap tricks and illusions, perhaps?

It would be best for you to stop digging about now.

Nice example of Irony. You gave the chap an ultimatum, leave or behave, and then you accuse me of acting as a moderator. There is an undercurrent of menace about your posting of " I could probably post your exam results, home address, and contact details", the implication clear. A foolish move to bring someone real life into an online disagreement. To feed to fawning sheep with cheap tricks and illusions, perhaps?

It would be best for you to stop digging about now.

Now now, Boston.

I accept in fact your first point with some minor differences. It is not acceptable for me to give an ultimatum, but I didn't, I told him reform or depart (your phrase) without an or else. The menace is all in your interpretation. The word "probably" is an implication, not a threat, not an ultimatum. You have misunderstood. I'm sure that if I did keep digging I could find those details. As could most.

To your second point I don't understand what you are talking about. Fawning sheep??

"It would be best for you to stop digging about now" - what does that mean? and is it a threat, an ultimatum or an implication? :P

I could PROBABLY. See, implication and threat are not the same thing.

Oh fúck off. I could break into your house wearing a balaclava, wielding a bloody knife and screaming that 'I could probably' kill you. S'only an implication like.

You've come across very badly in this thread, speaking of abusing your "perks", and trying to tell people what to do in a very much holier-than-thou way.

Edit: Saying you could probably post that stuff, followed by saying that being a former hack has perks, suggested you already had that information.

Oh fúck off. I'll break into your house wearing a balaclava, wielding a bloody knife and screaming that 'I could probably' kill you. S'only an implication like.

You've come across very badly in this thread, speaking of abusing your "perks", and trying to tell people what to do in a very much holier-than-thou way.

Hi Mark. I have a phenomenal mind for remembering conversations and details. We spoke on Tuesday of Freshers' week last year 0809. You mentioned your blog and how you wanted to write for the magazine for DU Comedy. You said the magazine that we had sent to you previously was hilarious. And I remember where you are from.

There is no sinister, there is no conspiracy. Calm down. Denerick was being a d1ck and is now saying he will stop trolling. I gave him no threat or ultimatum.

Step back from the keyboard. Your analogy is more than a little bit exaggerated.

I could probably post your exam results, home address, and contact details etc etc. Sometimes being a former hack has perks.
    Denerick. Stop arguing about it. Don't send me PMs.

Its more appropriate to ask a question in private than public.
    Either grow up and become a useful and contributing part of this little online community or leave and leave now. You have insulted enough people and the work that they do.

That sounds a little like an informal warning from M15.
    I have in fact met and spoken to the same individual. I am fortunate enough to have a good memory for people.

?

EDIT: Also Higginson's strange comments.

Denerick, the TCD forum is a lot like prison. I just saved you from a fellow inmate. I hope you realise that makes you my bitch.

As for ilovemybrick, dig, dig all the way to china.

Hi Mark. I have a phenomenal mind for remembering conversations and details. We spoke on Tuesday of Freshers' week last year 0809. You mentioned your blog and how you wanted to write for the magazine for DU Comedy. You said the magazine that we had sent to you previously was hilarious. And I remember where you are from.

Well done. I enjoyed that encounter, outside the Button Factory wasn't it? If you are the Eoin I'm thinking of, then you're also the person with the 'phenomenal mind' who, after the Trinity ball last year, didn't know my name, and asked me "where do I know you from?".

There is no sinister, there is no conspiracy. Calm down. Denerick was being a d1ck and is now saying he will stop trolling. I gave him no threat or ultimatum.

Step back from the keyboard. Your analogy is more than a little bit exaggerated.

Obviously my analogy was exaggerated, it wasn't supposed to be anything but that, but I felt the semantics over threats/implications were frustrating, and whether you meant it or not, your posts came across as menacing.

But really, "there is no conspiracy. Calm down. Step back from the keyboard" - you'd want to drop that sort of attitude. Very patronising, and doesn't make you come across very well.

• Advertisement

Well done. I enjoyed that encounter, outside the Button Factory wasn't it? If you are the Eoin I'm thinking of, then you're also the person with the 'phenomenal mind' who, after the Trinity ball last year, didn't know my name, and asked me "where do I know you from?".

Lol.

AFTER the Trinity Ball? well yes, that happens. I often look at my feet after nights like that and enquire as to how I know them.

If I seem patronising to an ignorant troll (not directed at you, not directed at Boston) I'm pretty ok with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm not implying anything here, but I know The Walsho's last name.

Yea, well, I know you wet the bed.

The Walsho, the TCD forum is a lot like prison. I just saved you from a fellow inmate. I hope you realise that makes you my bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Every Wednesday evening I see Boston pushed over by some scrawny guy in white pajamas. He's nothing to me, nothing.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I'm not implying anything here, but I know The Walsho's last name.

This gave me a good genuine lol.

Ilovemybrick, you'll notice the quotes of yours I used to demonstrate you being patronising, were sentences directed at me. I'll assume you didn't intend to come across like this though.

If people realise Denerick is a troll, why do they get so wound up? Denerick <3

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

If people realise Denerick is a troll, why do they get so wound up? Denerick <3

Because a troll by definition is irritating, and especially one who refuses to give up, to the point were there is little actual discussion left in this forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement