Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

4 was an awesome episode. I think Uscola has a case with Antonito being on his feet. Awful shame Antonito can't fight in the competition again. His slams and stand up are awesome.
    Yager impressed me with his punches.
    If I was Tito I would pick Kris McGray V Henle for the next match. Henle wasn't very impressive during his fight and McGray should take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TechnoPool wrote: »
    no he was dq'ed for using the 12 ta 6 elbow strike

I think he used the replay to verify his decision or something like that.
    Can remember seeing news storys about it

edit:Yep
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/NSAC-Calls-Upon-Instant-Replay-in-Jones-DQ-21350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Was it just me or was that "knee to the head" nowhere near his head?? I'd be feeling screwed if I was him. And I'd wonder about Antonito acting like it blasted him in the head when it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Was it just me or was that "knee to the head" nowhere near his head?? I'd be feeling screwed if I was him. And I'd wonder about Antonito acting like it blasted him in the head when it didn't.

I don't think the knee hit him but it was very close. I think he might come back as the 'wild card'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I think it did hit his head. He also was dominating the fight to that point and deserved to win.

Loved his Arnie impression too!

• Advertisement

judas101 wrote: »
    I think it did hit his head. He also was dominating the fight to that point and deserved to win.

Loved his Arnie impression too!
    How did he deserve to win?Does the phrase "its not a sprint,its a marathon" sound familiar? 2 minutes doesnt mean he was gonna dominate the other 8/13.
    I'm not too sure about the 1st knee but the 2nd looked very phantom. He came within an inch of getting into trouble too since that slam could have very easily been a spike and i've seen them called as spikes before

On a side note its starting to look more like Hackleman vs Ortiz at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Got the best of the striking and a serious slam.

Then got hit with a cheap shot.

I would have liked to have seen the rest of the fight. Perhaps pausing the fight, docking him a point and restarting when recovered would have been a better decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

k0g5u8.gif

Doesn't look like it connected with his head. It did connect with his broken hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Bottomline can't throw a knee toward the head of a downed opponent! Correct decision.

Anyone think that Canadian guy Nick Ring is blatantly eh a bit dodgy,...in a back to the wall in the shower room kinda way?

His record is 10-0 so he has some skills, and his handling of that bit of heat with Yager was respectful - But I dunno - the fist on hip pose, and lisped accent is straight outta family guy or the simpsons!!

ahe316 wrote: »
    Bottomline can't throw a knee toward the head of a downed opponent! Correct decision.

How is it a correct decision?The foul is "kneeing the head of a downed opponent".If the knee didn't make contact with the head then it isn't a foul.Faking an injury is though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

That yager is really starting to get annoying just 4 episodes in. That **** about being on the streets has no place in the house. I'm not normally one to complain or whinge but he is a whiney bitch who doesnt realise how lucky he is to be in the programme. Great superman punch though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

judas101 wrote: »

Yeah but the fight was far from over. also, i think the slam was an illegal spike, i don't know why he wsn't pulled up on it.
    Bottomline can't throw a knee toward the head of a downed opponent!

Says who? It's not illegal to throw a knee at a downed opponent... but it is illegal to connect with a knee.... which from what i could see he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I think he knew that he couldn't continue because of his broken hand & when his opponents knee skimmed past his head he took the opportunity to fake a knee to head injury. Also im sure if someone got a knee to the head and it was enough to daze or nearly knock you out, surely it would leave some mark. He didn't have to slightest mark on him the next day in the house. All in all, he was impressive for the first 2 mins:)

How is it a correct decision?The foul is "kneeing the head of a downed opponent".If the knee didn't make contact with the head then it isn't a foul.Faking an injury is though

What's he doing throwing a knee toward the head of a downed opponent if he doesn't intend to make contact & cause damage?

Rush of blood, or whatever, it's still a good call from the ref. Plus didn't he throw it twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The ref so obviously made the correct decision. I don't know why it's being debated.

Anyone think that Canadian guy Nick Ring is blatantly eh a bit dodgy,...in a back to the wall in the shower room kinda way?

His record is 10-0 so he has some skills, and his handling of that bit of heat with Yager was respectful - But I dunno - the fist on hip pose, and lisped accent is straight outta family guy or the simpsons!!

He does appear to be gay, but so what?

Nada - just find it strange it hasn't been outed or even commented on yet given the testosterone flying around there - anyway just checking the gaydar is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

that yager guy is doing my head in. thought the knee connected at first but obviously wasn't much in it. 2 fights in that episode :D

hope that yager guy gets ko'd in his next fight

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno about all the Yager-hatin'.... He exploded because someone went through his stuff and then accused him of being a thief.... ok, mistakes happen but then when its completely explained the other guy wouldnt apologise and went on to accuse him of stealing something else (the sweat tops) and then they confirmed that THAT wasnt true either, on TV... and he still wouldnt apologise. Thats a straight up b*tch-move. I'd be pretty riled up too after all that. Wouldnt you?

The guy is loud and cocky but you know what, he has *destroyed* the only people we have seen him fight. I wanna see him in a 3-round war next...

DeV.

I'd prefer he gets on another round or even to the final before getting smashed. Build up his hopes and bit before a big fall. Bit like Damarques Johnson in the US vs UK season - It's always good having someone you hate - keeps you watching, hoping next time he'll get it.

DeVore wrote: »
    I dunno about all the Yager-hatin'.... He exploded because someone went through his stuff and then accused him of being a thief.... ok, mistakes happen but then when its completely explained the other guy wouldnt apologise and went on to accuse him of stealing something else (the sweat tops) and then they confirmed that THAT wasnt true either, on TV... and he still wouldnt apologise. Thats a straight up b*tch-move. I'd be pretty riled up too after all that. Wouldnt you?

The guy is loud and cocky but you know what, he has *destroyed* the only people we have seen him fight. I wanna see him in a 3-round war next...

DeV.

I don't really care about the stealing thing, its a jumper at the end of the day. But he is just so loud, annoying and cocky I would want to kill him if I was in that house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

But he did prove that he didn't steal those tops etc.

Sure he's cocky But His Fights are awesome, Head kick, Superman punch :D

Id bet my pennies on Yager to Win the Competition.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think the fighters are really up for it this time but yeah, I'd be happy to back Yager at odds...

DeV.

Good fight this week, although hardly technically sound!

I thought Josh was very poor starting off and he didnt really get any better, but he kept up what he was doing even though he was getting tired and landed some nice shots!

If he had a killer instinct he might've finished the fight on a cople of occasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Anybody got any idea what Chuck's prior engagements were?

cletus wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea what Chuck's prior engagements were?

Probably banging Jenna Jameson while Tito was busy coaching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UltimateMale

I think he knew that he couldn't continue because of his broken hand & when his opponents knee skimmed past his head he took the opportunity to fake a knee to head injury. Also im sure if someone got a knee to the head and it was enough to daze or nearly knock you out, surely it would leave some mark. He didn't have to slightest mark on him the next day in the house. All in all, he was impressive for the first 2 mins:)
    " He didn't have to slightest mark on him the next day in the house. " Good point. Like someone said I can see Kyacey Uscola back as a wildcard. Like to see him and 'sideshow Bob' Jamie Yager going at it. Uscola a hard aggresive bast@rd while Yager is a lowlife. Would be a hell of a scrap.

Wasn't a great episode. Thought Kyacey was right about the grueling training before the fight. McGray must've been really out of shape.
    Next match prediction is Henle V Baczinski.

Thought the fight in ep 5 was very sluggish, however the guy that one had more heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Season worth watching guys?

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Season worth watching guys?

Yes so far. I think this crowd is filled with talent although there were some talents we missed out on with Attonito and Camozzi. I would recommend watching it though. There seems to be less drama than previous seasons too which is a bonus.

Advertisement