Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

TechnoPool wrote: »
    any sign of episode 2?

ITs not on til Wednesday nights in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Decent fight this week I guess, have to say my opinion of Tito was raised slightly immediately following the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was that Jake Shields I saw among Chucks trainers? Whats the story with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

calex71 wrote: »
    Decent fight this week I guess, have to say my opinion of Tito was raised slightly immediately following the fight.

Yeah, i have to agree. Was a nice display from Tito, good coach attitude rather than previous seasons 'coaches'.

Decent episode with a decent fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Shazbot wrote: »
    Yeah, i have to agree. Was a nice display from Tito, good coach attitude rather than previous seasons 'coaches'.

Decent episode with a decent fight.

Tito came across as a good coach the 1st time, he just came across as a rather annoying human being... and he didn't get on with Shamrock at all... who turned out to be a knob.
    He'll come across well in this too I would imagine and so will Liddell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tito came across very well as a coach first time and seems to be doing the same this time.

Although i'm not 100% sure about his tactic to practice Triangle excapes right after the fight.

Having said that, Clayton gave up that triangle. He had plenty of time to get out of it but seemed to just give it. And his "Damn, i triangle?" business right after the finish was just bull. I don't think he had the heart to be there.

(ps, is it just me or does everyone else think Clayton is very like Jason Miller?)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Sorry, let me clarify about the coaching comment. I wasn't saying that Tito was a bad coach before. It's just nice to see the coaches being coaches again. Rather than what we got we Rampage and Henderson.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Tito came across very well as a coach first time and seems to be doing the same this time.

Although i'm not 100% sure about his tactic to practice Triangle excapes right after the fight.

Having said that, Clayton gave up that triangle. He had plenty of time to get out of it but seemed to just give it. And his "Damn, i triangle?" business right after the finish was just bull. I don't think he had the heart to be there.

(ps, is it just me or does everyone else think Clayton is very like Jason Miller?)

stupid hair cuts aside?

eh not really , havent really seen enough of him.

stupid hair cuts aside?

eh not really , havent really seen enough of him.

It could just be the stupid haircuts but sometimes he reminds me of him.

Its hard to find a pic where Mayhem isnt pulling a stupid face:

Jason-Mayhem-Miller-SN.jpg
    clayton-mckinney.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I hope that guy with the Afro is beaten. He annoys me.

Minstrel27 wrote: »

i think he annoys everyone.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    i think he annoys everyone.

Awww, chill dawgs, it's all good etc etc.

He's very annoying but i liked his fight. Great kicks (even if they were against a punchbag)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Awww, chill dawgs, it's all good etc etc.

He's very annoying but i liked his fight. Great kicks (even if they were against a punchbag)

A decent wrestler would make bits of him, I'd say.

baz2009 wrote: »
    A decent wrestler would make bits of him, I'd say.

Indeed! I reckon thats why he was a pretty late pick, he didnt really get a chance to show any skills..... apart from killer kicks.

The afro guy needs to be knocked out asap :D. Had a feeling the ozzy would win alright. Why does somebody always have stupid coloured hair on TUF??

Cant wait for next weeks episode now with this announcement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Was that Jake Shields I saw among Chucks trainers? Whats the story with that.

Yea sure looked like him to me, I saw an interview with Dana where he was giving out about the way Strikeforce were treating Shields and now with this appearance on TUF he is more than likely gonna sign for the UFC next i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sonic.trip wrote: »

Cant wait for next weeks episode now with this announcement :D

They catch us with something like this every year :)

9/10 it turns out to be something stupid :(

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Yea sure looked like him to me, I saw an interview with Dana where he was giving out about the way Strikeforce were treating Shields and now with this appearance on TUF he is more than likely gonna sign for the UFC next i'd say

I read another interview where Sheilds was saying he's not going to be shown much in the series, being SF Champ, but understands Dana can't exactly go around promoting champs from other orgs.

What i thought was kinda strange though was that they didn't have any mention of Razor Rob coaching on Tito's team. Sure he's been part of the furniture at WEC since the day Zuffa bought it.

calex71 wrote: »
    They catch us with something like this every year :)

9/10 it turns out to be something stupid :(

I know they build it uo and then its a let down! I still can't wait though, ooohhhaaaa the drama :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I'd actually like to see that Clayton guy fight again. He was impressive in the qualifing round and seems an interesting dude.

That aussie guy is good but Clayton just packed it in then bitched afterwards.
    I think my money's on Noke or Ring to win this one.
    Jamie Yager should be knocked out just for his nickname. "The Chosyn 1"

"The Chosyn 1"

facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

#3 is another decent episode. long may it continue, it definitley seems to be more about good fights than wackin off in someones salad this year! but that bloke wit the afro needs to get some serious slaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Episode 3 was solid, good grappling match to be honest, Brad must have had that kimura defence lock for around 7/8 mins during rd 2 and 3. Mazzagatti the clown had to be told 8 times that Brads shorts were being held before he reprimanded the fighter. Psyched for next week, im predicting it was an extremely early stoppage by strikes or by a minor cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Just seen the first fight on episode 4 (UFC need to have replays in the rules)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just seen the first fight on episode 4 (UFC need to have replays in the rules)

They do don't they?

Didn't Mazaghatti use it recently to disqualify someone who elbowed the back of the head? Jones I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

They do don't they?

Didn't Mazaghatti use it recently to disqualify someone who elbowed the back of the head? Jones I think?

I dont think the replay played any part there.
    But it did prevent the james irvin sakara match from going to a no contest cuz the ref saw it was a punch went into irvins eye and not a finger.

• Advertisement

They do don't they?

no he was dq'ed for using the 12 ta 6 elbow strike

Advertisement