Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new service from Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Bloody great, boards thinks i'm a lesbian! I'll never find a man if you keep matching me up with girls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

the_syco wrote: »
    You got one woman? Bástárd :P
    That must be some sort of admin privilege. :D

Conor, I retract my previous statement. Nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kiera wrote:
    Bloody great, boards thinks i'm a lesbian! I'll never find a man if you keep matching me up with girls
    A/S/L? I've nearly gotten rid of the smell and still have some of me own teeth.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is this just not working right? My top one is 6th, but when I turned up at his house this morning, he called the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

clearly doesn't work properly, my gf isn't on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Casts a whole new light on the ThanksWhore phenomena. :)
    Excuse me while I run to thank the Hawt internets babes - repeatedly.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Des wrote: »
    clearly doesn't work properly, my gf isn't on my list.
    Or maybe it does works perfectly and it's telling you something!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

humanji wrote: »
    Or maybe it does works perfectly and it's telling you something!

Exactly, you need to see this as an opportunity. My boyfriend isn't on my list and I have approached my number 1 in the hopes of becoming her number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

ScreenHunter_01_Apr_01_0927.gif

I seeeeee Ruthieeeeeee :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Me and Thaedydal apparently <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I've got the worlds best threesome with Wibbs and Thaedydal joint top of my list by a country mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I would like to report a bug.

Earthlove.jpg

It put Wibbs at the top of my list. :(

Please don't tell me that this is a "feature".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah yeah, but Wibbs is on most lists. It comes from being a man whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As Gordon said, including a mandatory gender registration radio button widget would probably be the best way forward. It'll save us answering questions on the Help Desk about it. At the moment the code is fine, it's just some of the results that are a bit whacked (well, people think they are). As for a "preference" button, well the boards server is effectively smarter than you are and is offering matches based on what you've been talking about.

Obviously at the moment it's still in beta testing so there will be a few of you that think you're getting strange results. In the meantime I can only suggest that you post about things that are more "societally normal" to your gender. Also, consider posting more on a forum that will push your results in a particular way - the Ladies Lounge or the Gentlemen's Club at your whim. Posting on LGB less (or more as appropriate) should solve some of the problems for those of you who are getting results you don't think are correct as well.

And don't forget there's also the entire sports section, your "typical" male with an interest in women would probably post there more often. Unfortunately we don't have a needlework forum but there's a discussion on Jane Austen in literature.

Just a few ideas, you can start changing your own posting patterns on the basis of what you think you're into and the kind of person you're looking for. I don't know what to do about Politics, I really don't:( Food & Drink is also a problem with all the metros on the loose, perhaps variables from there should just be discounted when matches are being made.

sceptre wrote: »
    Just a few ideas, you can start changing your own posting patterns on the basis of what you think you're into and the kind of person you're looking for.

I just thanked your post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sarky wrote: »
    But Kharn and I are ALL beard :(

Fine, here you go. It really was Beru all along. I just panicked because I thought she was out of my league. https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/16986/109416.png
    Quite pleased that I'm well in there... but alas dear Sarky, you didn't make my list... :(
    BoardsMatch.png
    Kiera wrote: »
    Bloody great, boards thinks i'm a lesbian! I'll never find a man if you keep matching me up with girls :(
    You'll get loads of men, but they'll want to watch first...

As Gordon said, including a mandatory gender registration radio button widget would probably be the best way forward. It'll save us answering questions on the Help Desk about it. At the moment the code is fine, it's just some of the results that are a bit whacked (well, people think they are). As for a "preference" button, well the boards server is effectively smarter than you are and is offering matches based on what you've been talking about.

Obviously at the moment it's still in beta testing so there will be a few of you that think you're getting strange results. In the meantime I can only suggest that you post about things that are more "societally normal" to your gender. Also, consider posting more on a forum that will push your results in a particular way - the Ladies Lounge or the Gentlemen's Club at your whim. Posting on LGB less (or more as appropriate) should solve some of the problems for those of you who are getting results you don't think are correct as well.

And don't forget there's also the entire sports section, your "typical" male with an interest in women would probably post there more often. Unfortunately we don't have a needlework forum but there's a discussion on Jane Austen in literature.

Just a few ideas, you can start changing your own posting patterns on the basis of what you think you're into and the kind of person you're looking for. I don't know what to do about Politics, I really don't:( Food & Drink is also a problem with all the metros on the loose, perhaps variables from there should just be discounted when matches are being made.
    So what you're saying is: if i want some strapping hawt men i need to post in the Rugby forum even tho i know nothing about rugby?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So what you're saying is: if i want some strapping hawt men i need to post in the Rugby forum even tho i know nothing about rugby?
    Wouldnt let that stop ya....... :D

Well I got a good spread. Only one cock to disturb the top four frockage Poor poor SF.....
    amorqz.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It's kind of the same problem you'd face if you did it in the real world by going to rugby matches. You could try posting a few times in the 4x4 & Tractors & Diggers & Plant forum if you've more of an interest in that. Men like tractors, that's why the modern man writes tractor poetry(Ted Hughes wrote a poem called "The Tractor" and he's had three wives, some of whom were lovely and sensitive, especially that nice Sylvia Plath). Best of both worlds, a thoughtful thinking strap of a man you'll have in no time:)

The Massey is classy but the Zetor is better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hmmm, Methinks boards may have caught a case of the ghey. Outlawpete and Dr. B?
    untitled_24.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,233 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Bad news Lloyd. You are my no.1 ranked match.

Ditto. Maybe we should give the gay a shot? I think my family would be happy to hear you're from Sligo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ditto. Maybe we should give the gay a shot? I think my family would be happy to hear you're from Sligo. :)

I'm from Sligo too, give me some of that sweet ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Another Sligo exile here

What a shame you are not on my list Tar :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for all the help so far with this folks, please keep the feedback coming.

The algorithm will need some tweaks, it's difficult to code around the TarAldarion enigma...

It's been in the works for a while, it just happens to be the first day of the financial quarter so the Daft lads were holding off on it till now to keep the overtime costs for the project in quarter 2. Google released gmail on the same date for the same reasons. Makes accountancy sense, damned accountants. Still in beta folks, don't forget.

It's kind of the same problem you'd face if you did it in the real world by going to rugby matches. You could try posting a few times in the 4x4 & Tractors & Diggers & Plant forum if you've more of an interest in that. Men like tractors, that's why the modern man writes tractor poetry(Ted Hughes wrote a poem called "The Tractor" and he's had three wives, some of whom were lovely and sensitive, especially that nice Sylvia Plath). Best of both worlds, a thoughtful thinking strap of a man you'll have in no time:)

The Massey is classy but the Zetor is better
    Noted! Thanks for your help, S.

*trots off to Weddings & Marraige*

Justmary :cool:

Dav wrote: »
    The algorithm will need some tweaks, it's difficult to code around the TarAldarion enigma...

It's one of the hard problems of Computer Science, if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Does this mean the tractors and hot farmers forum is gonna get busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nice that is the easter orgy guest list sorted with out me having to draw it up myself.
    4481393550_99afceb4a1_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Im going to be a good poster and wish everyone the best of luck with this venture ;)

Advertisement