Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate Trinity

Options
  • 31-03-2010 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was told that the Geography building has the designated toilets for the 24 hr study room in the Library? Am I wrong?

I went to the bathroom this evening in the Geography building, on my way out I went upstairs to have a look around and see the bulletin board, only to be chased out of the building by some crazy ****er shotuing things like:

"Whats your name?"
    "Get out of here and don't come back!"
    "Who's there , you're not supposed to be in here."
    "Come back here, who are you?"

I was scared so I ran away from this maniac. Are we not allowed to use the Geography building toilets? I'm never going in there again.

I was already having a bad day, and this person whatever their problem was, has just driven me to distraction. I'm hyperventilating now and really upset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I was working away this evening in the Museum building. At about half nine I went for a slash and I found some young student scum urinating on the stairs while drilling glorry holes in the marble. I begin to question him, asking who the **** he was and what he was doing there. Clearly retarded, he mistakes my questions for a sexual advance and offers me a puff of his crack pipe. Shocked I push him down the stairs to his death. While disposing of the body a student came upon me from the basement toilets. I scared him away and luckly he didn't notice the black bin liners stuffed with body parts. Stupid freshers

Anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Boston wrote: »
    I was working away this evening in the Museum building. At about half nine I went for a slash and I found some young student scum urinating on the stairs while drilling glorry holes in the marble. I begin to question him, asking who the **** he was and what he was doing there. Clearly retarded, he mistakes my questions for a sexual advance and over me a puff of his crack pipe. Shocked I push him down the stairs to his death. While disposing of the body a student came upon me from the basement toilets. I scared him away and luckly he didn't notice the black bin liners stuffed with body parts. Stupid freshers

Anyway.
    :rolleyes:

OP you should have stood your ground and shouted back at the ignorant person, whoever they were.

I'm like you - I'm quite sensitive and I would get easily upset by that too. But we can't really be like that I'm afraid. We're going to have to learn to stand up for ourselves and say "Who am I? My name is peanuthead and I really don't care for your tone!"

But until we have the guts to stand up to these feckin eegits just remember, the fact that they behave that way is THEIR problem. They're the sad moaners who will be sad moaners their whole lives. Forget them. They're not worth a minute of your time. Feel better soon!!

You realise he's taking about trinity security?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

You realise he's taking about trinity security?

Is 'manners' not on the list of criteria for a job in Trinity as a security guard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I was told that the Geography building has the designated toilets for the 24 hr study room in the Library? Am I wrong?

I went to the bathroom this evening in the Geography building, on my way out I went upstairs to have a look around and see the bulletin board, only to be chased out of the building by some crazy ****er shotuing things like:

"Whats your name?"
    "Get out of here and don't come back!"
    "Who's there , you're not supposed to be in here."
    "Come back here, who are you?"

I was scared so I ran away from this maniac. Are we not allowed to use the Geography building toilets? I'm never going in there again.

I was already having a bad day, and this person whatever their problem was, has just driven me to distraction. I'm hyperventilating now and really upset.

Hi OP

I assume first of all that you are talking about the Museum building? I can't say I know for certain, but I'm almost sure that building is off limits no non-engineers after hours. I do know of people who have been fined/brought to the junior dean for using the building - but that was in the evening after a sunny Friday at the Pav. As for being harassed by security, running away probably wasn't the best course of action, you made yourself look guilty! Had it been me, I would have waited and explained my position, and would have told security not to be so rude. In the past I've been told to get out, when I had every right to be there.

The only 24hr toilets I know of are in the Hamilton building, and tbh I would probably avoid them late at night. An email to the Library/SU might clear up the finer points of what toilets are available late at night to students. They might even let you use the Post grad reading room ones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

The only 24hr toilets I know of are in the Hamilton building, and tbh I would probably avoid them late at night.

Why is that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

peanuthead wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

OP you should have stood your ground and shouted back at the ignorant person, whoever they were.

My name is katie f**king fitch , who the f**k are you.............

Why is that? :confused:

Well at least in my time in Trinity, they were well known over Dublin as a gay cruising location. http://www.trinitynews.ie/articles.php?id=277&issue=4&tn=1 (and for the braver squirt.org)

One doesn't need to expose themselves to that. One night I did hear a great deal of moaning from a cubicle... Homo/Hetero have these people not got homes and beds for that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Well at least in my time in Trinity, they were well known over Dublin as a gay cruising location. http://www.trinitynews.ie/articles.php?id=277&issue=4&tn=1 (and for the braver squirt.org)

One doesn't need to expose themselves to that. One night I did hear a great deal of moaning from a cubicle... Homo/Hetero have these people not got homes and beds for that kind of thing?

Holy Jamoly. :eek:
    I have often pulled all nighters in those 24hr computer rooms and used the bathrooms at 2,4,5 o clock in the morning. I've never noticed anything suspicious.
    Sure how would they get into the college at that time anyway.

Holy Jamoly. :eek:
    I have often pulled all nighters in those 24hr computer rooms and used the bathrooms at 2,4,5 o clock in the morning. I've never noticed anything suspicious.
    Sure how would they get into the college at that time anyway.

There are ways and means of getting into College (well at least there was) after hours. Not wanting to go into detail for obvious reasons, but many a girl/boy has been snuck into Campus because they haven't a guest signed in before midnight.

My bad experiences in the Hamilton were around the 11:30-Midnight mark though.

• Advertisement

At the one and only Trinity ball I went to there was an orgy just inside the doors of the museum building. Someone had left the front door unlocked and people were rocking the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

At the one and only Trinity ball I went to there was an orgy just inside the doors of the museum building. Someone had left the front door unlocked and people were rocking the boat.
    Dear god. The poor Irish elk :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Dear god. The poor Irish elk :(.

WWJJD?;)

El Siglo wrote: »

Maybe those students like getting their Jolys ;)

Honestly though what year was that ball? I am really surprised they weren't thrown out of the building by security. That said I have heard stories about students getting frisky on the roof of the Museum building on the night of the ball (no idea on how they get into the building).

That said, quite a few students don't go to those lengths to find a nice quiet spot. At the balls I've been to, sex has been had in the bushes, up against the museum/Gmb/front arch bins and even in the middle of the dance floor.

Maybe its something about the campus that makes people lose their inhibitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Doesn't surprise me, any dealings I've had with TCD security previously have more often than not been unpleasant, in fact I can think of only one guy I've ever spoken to that was polite.

That being said, students are díckheads, and being polite in the security business gets you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

Trinity security are absolute cúnts.

Yea, wrecking yer buzz. Students should be allowed unrestricted access everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PapaRatzinger

Actually, they're very pleasant people in my experience. They take pride in their work and you might not recognise them, but they can recognise about 90% of students that walk through front gate. You should stop and chat to them sometime and have a bit of banter: they might be even to bend one or two rules for you some night if they know that you're a good sort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yea, wrecking yer buzz. Students should be allowed unrestricted access everywhere.

If students aren't supposed to be in the museum building at certain hours then why can they swipe into it 24 hours?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    If students aren't supposed to be in the museum building at certain hours then why can they swipe into it 24 hours?

They don't. Only engineers are meant to have wipe access. Some other swipe cards will work though, just like for the postgrad reading room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I was stalked by about 5 of them one day simply because I was finishing off a can form the Pav on the way to the arts building. They followed me the whole way in a van and when I went in to the building, 2 of them were staring me out of it. They eventually came into my lecture hall mid-lecture and took me out and started giving me shít for 5 minutes, they even started threatening me after I explained to them why I was drinking the can, which was completely unnecessary. You'd swear I was smuggling some hard drugs into the building or something. Thats why I think they're a bunch of cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Only engineers are meant to have wipe access.

Incorrect. Freeman Library is de facto 24 hours for Geography students, for example.

Incorrect. Freeman Library is de facto 24 hours for Geography students, for example.

Ok, students who have facilities in the building, but not BESS students.

They don't.

They do (or at least they did when I was there). Whether they are supposed to is another matter. Not once was I informed that I wasn't supposed to be in the building at certain hours and was always able to swipe in whenever I tried. The very presence of the swipe access that works implies that access is granted. It's the admin's fault if students are using the toilets in there after hours and are apparently not supposed to, not the student's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

They don't. Only engineers are meant to have wipe access. Some other swipe cards will work though, just like for the postgrad reading room.

I never knew this. I've been going in there regularly to use the toilet and grab a delicious 60c coffee while studying in the 24-hr Ussher. I'm hardly going to go all the way to the Hamilton, where my swipe card rarely works properly...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They do (or at least they did when I was there). Whether they are supposed to is another matter. Not once was I informed that I wasn't supposed to be in the building at certain hours and was always able to swipe in whenever I tried. The very presence of the swipe access that works implies that access is granted. It's the admin's fault if students are using the toilets in there after hours and are apparently not supposed to, not the student's.

You must never have run into security in the building so.

You must never have run into security in the building so.

I didn't, though I rarely used the building at odd hours. One imagines a simple sign on the door detailing who is apparently allowed access would be more effective than security shouting at those who believe they are legitimately using the building. I still maintain that the if the security services don't want certain people in there at these hours, then they are entirely at fault for people using it considering the current set up.

And they'll tell you its a fault with the wipe access. As I said, same story with postgrad reading room and you can't claim thats for undergrads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And they'll tell you its a fault with the wipe access. As I said, same story with postgrad reading room and you can't claim thats for undergrads.

I think they fixed that, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I think they fixed that, not sure.

Yep, they did.

Not that I used it.

Advertisement