Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW2 prestige and level

Options
  • 31-03-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

what prestige r u on and what level (hacked accounts dont count)

how to kno what prestige ur on:
    if you go back to lv1 once that means ur on ur 1st prestige (NOT 2ND!)

im on my 2nd prestige lv60
    bet u cant beat that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

5th level 52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

3rd lvl 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

3rd level 35 or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

7th Prestige, Level 55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

10th prestige lvl 65 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so what exactly does prestiging actually do? do you lose whatever perks and killstreak rewards you've built up and start from scratch again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

10 th prestige level 70 (its not hacked just glitched;) )

other account

2 nd prestige level 31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

krudler wrote: »
    so what exactly does prestiging actually do? do you lose whatever perks and killstreak rewards you've built up and start from scratch again?

Yup

Great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

lads wats happens exactly when u prestige???im on level 60 at the moment so havent got long to be offered it. from what ive heard u lose all your guns and perks. is there anything good or anymore benefits once you prestige or are you better off staying at level 70???? and another thing does it become quicker when you prestige to move up ranks like would you need less experience to move up to level 2 3 60 etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 singo

you lose eveerything except your titles and embelms everything else is reset including unlocked items,you start froim scratch i levelled up from 1 to 20 in about 3 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

2nd Prestige, Level 68

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

4th Prestige level 70 and staying at this level 4 awhile as I got 2 nukes in an hour in domination jst dare :) one using an (ak47 wit silencer) Perks : scavenger, hardline + Sit Rep and the 2nd nuke I was using (ump45 wit silencer) Perks: marathon, lightweight + ninja.. killstreak awards harriers, chopper gunner nuke :)

Well Happy wit myself, Got the title Epic in d process along with global ........... title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Went onto 3rd prestige tonight. Got to L16. Its worth noting that each time you prestige after the 1st time none of the prestige challenges on the weapons or killstreaks actually reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Im only level 68 on the xbox, my gold account ended two months ago. On the Ps3 im 4th prestige level 52.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

3rd Prestige, level 69 woah some of you guys are really high :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

How about people add what their gametime is as well. Someone getting to 10th Level 70 is a great achievement, but I'm more interested to see how quickly they got there.

3rd. Level 53. About 7 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm on Prestige 1 level 27. I got from level 68 to 21 in one night :D, I think I've played around 2 days 20 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm on 2nd prestige and level 43 - just passed 4 days of play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

none level 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

lvl1 63.think about 5 days ,nearer to 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

For those asking about the benefits versus disadvantages of prestiging..........my understanding is that you get an extra custom class for every prestige beyond the second. You may have seen vids where guys have a bunch of extra custom classes, well thats how they got them.

I could be wrong on that as i havent, and wont do it myself. While i would like the extra classes, i actually use the lobby time to tweak a random class towards the map im heading into so it kills 2 birds with one toob so to speak.

It seems to me anyway that prestige level is bandied around a lot by the younger generation players like a badge of honour and i can understand that however in my opinion all it proves is that you have way too much spare time on your hands. It took me 4 days play to hit level 70, but I only play sabotage which is not great for XP.

minotour wrote: »
    For those asking about the benefits versus disadvantages of prestiging..........my understanding is that you get an extra custom class for every prestige beyond the second. You may have seen vids where guys have a bunch of extra custom classes, well thats how they got them.

I could be wrong on that as i havent, and wont do it myself. While i would like the extra classes, i actually use the lobby time to tweak a random class towards the map im heading into so it kills 2 birds with one toob so to speak.

Not quite. You get an extra custom class at each uneven prestige. 1,3,5,7,9. So you get to a max of 10 custom classes.

shawpower wrote: »
    Not quite. You get an extra custom class at each uneven prestige. 1,3,5,7,9. So you get to a max of 10 custom classes.

Ah right, so you do get one for the first time? I did prestige in MW1 and that didnt happen, i might go for it then, just once.

Ah right, so you do get one for the first time? I did prestige in MW1 and that didnt happen, i might go for it then, just once.

yep. So if you prestige once, you have 6 classes, plus you get access to all the prestige challenges. I'd recommend doing it once really for them, if not the custom classes. I'm planning on going to at least P9, to open up the 10 classes. Not sure about P10, we'll see. :)

shawpower wrote: »
    yep. So if you prestige once, you have 6 classes, plus you get access to all the prestige challenges. I'd recommend doing it once really for them, if not the custom classes. I'm planning on going to at least P9, to open up the 10 classes. Not sure about P10, we'll see. :)

Your aboslutly sure now yeah? Im planning a whole day run tomorrow, if i blow out all my guns and perks for nothing I'll do a Martyr!

Your aboslutly sure now yeah? Im planning a whole day run tomorrow, if i blow out all my guns and perks for nothing I'll do a Martyr!

100%

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige
    Wiki wrote:
    Pros

Once the player enters Prestige Mode for the first time in Modern Warfare 2, they will be rewarded with a sixth custom class slot. The same occurs at every odd prestige level, so a total of five additional custom class slots can be unlocked by Prestige Level 9. In addition, any earned titles and emblems obtained before entering Prestige Mode are not lost. Players also unlock some Prestige Challenges to level up faster and get some new Callsigns. There are also certain Titles and Emblems that can only be unlocked through Prestige Mode. The challenges unlocked through Prestige for each gun persist to the next Prestige level (the kills and headshots for each gun's Mastery and Veteran challenges do not reset). This exception also applies to the challenges in the Prestige category that deal with killstreaks (getting a certain number of kills with a specific killstreak reward).

Cons

If a player enters Prestige Mode in Modern Warfare 2, every unlocked weapon, killstreak, perk and challenge will be reset. (Prestige challenges, which are unlocked at 1st prestige, are not reset and will be collective across all prestiges.)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Everytime you prestige you should be trying 2 complete 2 or 3 perk challenges every prestige. Thats my aim anyway.. Trying to complete lightweight now soIcould be awhile :(

thekid9 wrote: »
    Everytime you prestige you should be trying 2 complete 2 or 3 perk challenges every prestige. Thats my aim anyway.. Trying to complete lightweight now soIcould be awhile :(

Yeah, the Lightweight one is a biatch! I mean sprinting 250 miles??!! C'mon. I mean Maraton is only 104 miles. Why so many for Lightweight??

Super, on second thoughts i think ill wait a while. A whole weekend without me RPG id be lost.
    What are peoples thoughts on the best game mode for leveling up?

• Advertisement

Super, on second thoughts i think ill wait a while. A whole weekend without me RPG id be lost.
    What are peoples thoughts on the best game mode for leveling up?

Depends really. They all have pros and cons. Here's a few that I'd consider.

TDM - Bog standard gametype where you can rack up 100 point kills with decent k:d ratios. 5000 per game should be possible if you're on a roll. But only 75 kills per 10 minutes so can also restrict a bit.

MTDM - Slightly easier than TDM often, cause you won't get pitched against Clans or parties.

Domination - You can get unlimited kills per game, so not the same restriction as TDM. Also you can get Capping/Defending points if you're good. Also if you're on a team, it's possible to spawn trap and really go to town. Only 50XP per kill though.

GroundWar - Get in a part of >6 and this can be a points bonanza. If you get everyone working together, particularly on Domination games, you can spawn trap opposition and really get huge kill numbers. Problem is that on smaller maps there are 9 opponents so your chances of dying jump too. If you're not worried about your k:d it can be good though.

S&D - 500XP per kill, or 1000 per kill for the next few days!! But one death and you're out of the round. So a good game can see you get over 10,000 in one go, but a bad one will leave you with possibly zilch.

With the double XP on at the moment, this is probably the best possible time to do that 1 prestige. If you can put in lots of hours, you'll jump to over level 30 very quickly. Maybe not to your level 65 RPG though...

Advertisement