Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mind control and Subliminal Messaging NWO

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

as a slight aside, whats the story re copyright on Backwards music.

Say I was sittin here playin with one of thos programs that plays tunes backwards, and I tried Beethovens seventh, suppose I then Added an Electronic drumbeat etc and made one of those Dancy tunes out of it, would it be an original work?????? or would it just be rather creative plagerisim??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Depends how much money you make out of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Say I was sittin here playin with one of thos programs that plays tunes backwards, and I tried Beethovens seventh, suppose I then Added an Electronic drumbeat etc and made one of those Dancy tunes out of it, would it be an original work?????? or would it just be rather creative plagerisim??

I think Beethovens dead long enough for it to be in public domain.

Souxie and the Banshees did the same with one of their own songs once. "Peek a Boo" has half the instruments going backwards in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

There are certain circumstances where you could do this, but mostly it's gonna be illegal unless it's in the public domain.

Even if it's a long-dead composer, recordings will tend to have been made recently enough to not be yet in public domain.

Now, if you could get an orchestra to play the sheet music of Beethoven's 7th backwards, or used an electronic version, then you could do it.

But I never liked the seventh much anyway.
    studiorat wrote: »
    I think Beethovens dead long enough for it to be in public domain.

Souxie and the Banshees did the same with one of their own songs once. "Peek a Boo" has half the instruments going backwards in it.

As did The Stone Roses. They have several tracks which consist solely of other tracks reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

I came across this accidentally on youtube... I don't agree with some things mentioned within but over all it's very interesting and I' love to hear others opinions on this. The parts get more interesting as you go through them. Enjoy

Mind Control part 1 of 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nz8Ah32NgY

In Soviet Union, television watches you!;)

Sounds like a simpsons qoute haha

Thanks for that link.
    "Subliminal advertising is a technique whereby consumers are reminded of a product without actually seeing it"
    This is how i should have been explaining subliminals and suggestion in movies.Very simple but to the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

studiorat wrote: »
    They are put in for the craic. For a laugh, very cheezy imo. If I had a fiver for every band or artist who thought it would be a good idea...

just to clarify on this - do you know of any examples of backward masking in recorded music that were put in deliberately

because
    - putting some reversed tracks in a mix, which will play forward when the master track is played backwards (eg. the stone roses as mentioned before)

is not the same as the supposed backwards messages as highlighted by the likes of reversespeech.com and the anti-rock music brigade back in the day - i.e. the track contains only forward recorded tracks which supposedly yield a message when played backwards (famous examples supposedly being 'stairway to heaven' or queen's 'another one bites the dust').

i hear some of the alleged messages in the likes of 'stairway' for example but i dunno, you're kind of in the "can you see a face in that cloud" territory and I am skeptical that you can deliberately record stuff that makes sense forwards but has a deliberate message when reversed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Backward masking is pretty hard to pull off properly.
    One example of a track that was recorded backwards that springs to mind is a song call "Like spinning plates"(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQBDsNiCCNM) by Radiohead, it's from their Amnesiac album.
    I remember reading how difficult it was for them to achieve it. Seemingly Thom Yorke learned the words backwards, recorded them that way and played them backwards to achieve the disjointed "forward" sound in the song. So in affect the song was sung backwards, flipped around to sound like it was "forwards". the result is a bit odd even if it is an interesting experiment.

I am quite obviously intersted in conspiracy theories and have a lot of time to entertain most of them, but having studied sound technology in my youth and gained a basic understanding of how sound recording works the whole backwards masking thing is a bit far fetched for me.
    Sure these things might sound a certain way, but I strongly doubt they are intentional at all.
    I've watched a lot of video's about this subject made by people who are convinced that Stairway to heaven backwards has "my sweet satan" masked etc... most of these people have hard line Christian views and view everything as a "Satanist conspiracy" which for me is a bit narrow minded.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ferguson

I came across this accidentally on youtube... I don't agree with some things mentioned within but over all it's very interesting and I' love to hear others opinions on this. The parts get more interesting as you go through them. Enjoy

Mind Control part 1 of 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nz8Ah32NgY
    the ref to james vicary is not true. vicary admitted his coca coca experiment was a hoax and was never able to repeat it

Advertisement