Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you get motor tax anywhere?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Yawns wrote: »
    At least my advice would work better than yours. He can't tax without the pin unless it's the first time the car is being taxed and he can use the vin number. So your advice is absolute useless. My advice has only a 0.00001% chance of working but it's better than 0% like yours.

Of course your right, how silly of me! :rolleyes:

Ok say he can't get it over the phone from the tax office, would it not be easier to ring home and get them to give him the pin off the renewal form?! I think so but glad your attempt at flirting with some young one worked for ya keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I pointed out to her that I am paying the Irish government my road tax not Louth co. co. so why could it possibly make a difference where tax it.
    Unless things have changed very recently, I'm pretty sure you are in fact paying the motor tax to Louth Co. Co.
    Motor Tax is paid to the local authority in which the vehicle is registered, and is one of the few revenue sources available to them that is not at the mercy and diktat of Central Government/Dept. of Finance. I suspect that this is why they really, really want people to make the payments locally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Jemmy wrote: »
    Of course your right, how silly of me! :rolleyes:

Ok say he can't get it over the phone from the tax office, would it not be easier to ring home and get them to give him the pin off the renewal form?! I think so but glad your attempt at flirting with some young one worked for ya keep up the good work!

What are you not getting at this stage? He does not have the renewal pin, the old owner does. Are you seriously ****ing retarded at this stage you still can't read through the posts. I can't reply anymore after this as I seriously suspect you're just a troll now so will unsubscribe to this thread, the OP's question has been answered.

Good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Yawns & Jemmy, any chance you two could hit the new "Love" icon to see if your a match!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Are you seriously ****ing retarded at this stage you still can't read through the posts. I can't reply anymore after this as I seriously suspect you're just a troll now so will unsubscribe to this thread, the OP's question has been answered.

Good day.

Reported btw, and I'm no troll :)

If the old owner is receiving his renewal form from the tax office then the OP would not be the registered owner of the car Yawns. Maybe he isn't then I stand corrected, but that seems a little. When I receive my renewal form from the office when it's due there is always a renewal printed in a box on the form. Maybe not everyone has this pin printed on their form, then I stand corrected again, maybe Wicklow is special!

No need to get so worked up over something so minor. Me thinks you won't last long on here with that kinda hot headed abusive attitude.
    Yawns & Jemmy, any chance you two could hit the new "Love" icon to see if your a match!

Yea oh I love my men fiery with a touch of abusive...rawrr! ;)

Anyway I shall leave it there, Op hope you get it sorted either way. It is a ridiculous system!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are you seriously ****ing retarded
    Take a day to cool off and read the charter. Personal abuse is not acceptable here, no matter how much you believe it to be merited.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

As I said to Anan1

I'd like to apologise for what I said about you being retarded. I dunoo why I got so frustrated with you not reading the posts, it just wound me up lol.

Again sorry.

I'v been around for a few years so I should have know better. ( my old account was one of the ones that I had changed e-mail. Post counts don't matter to me so I cba reactiviating it via answering the q's :D )

Advertisement