Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow forest - Upcoming HG/SS Wi-Fi event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nice one!
    Any idea if having a Water/Ground type makes double the advantage-type difference?
    Why yes, I *am* clutching at straws here. What of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

wobbles wrote: »
    couple of questions regarding this event. What happens to the yellow forest after the event closes. Does it stay open, close, or just not able to catch the special pikachu's

Also do you have to be anyway into the main game to get to the yellow forest in the walker. Its just i dont have the game and was gonna wait until im finished in college in a few weeks before i get it, but i dont wanna miss this event. So if i got the game and just used the walker to i might still be able to get a special pikachu.
    When the event closes (5th May I think), then you will NO LONGER be able to get the course on the Wi-fi. If you didn't download it, during the time then you miss out on the Yellow Forest course (that houses Flying and surfing Pikas).

If you have downloaded it, then you have it forever (or until you delete the save file), but if you don't get it during the time time you CAN'T get it (without an Action Replay or other).

So find a wi-fi hotspot/go a a mate's gaff or find some way of getting to the Nintendo wi-fi connection.
    ghostchant wrote: »
    Also each time you load a pokemon into the walker, only one of the 2 possible pokemon per tier is loaded. Serebii have statistics on the encounter rates for each course.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#yellowforest

Looks like you have at best a 3% chance per go of finding a fly/surf pikachu once you've walked the required number of steps..ouch

EDIT: Or maybe not, the Fly/Surf headers at the bottom aren't very clear..
    EDIT 2: Ok now I get it, the odds really are 2/3%, the other boxes are the conditional probabilities of other encounters based on whether the fly or surf pikachu has been selected for tier 3/group A.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Serebii.net, but I will say this, they do their homework

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

thanks buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

My darn router refuses to let nintendos connect :mad:

I'll have to get this done in a friend's house ASAP!!!!

Advertisement