Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow forest - Upcoming HG/SS Wi-Fi event

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you know of the upcoming Wi-Fi event. It will unlock the Yellow Forest Pokéwalker route. The route is filled with Pikachu, some of which know Fly & Surf. The event will run from 2nd of April to 30th of April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Schweet! :D

Now if only I could get my hands on a broken DS to repair mine :'(
    (Playing on my GFs DS for now so don't want to use Wi-Fi as it'll link to that DS)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

you can always unlink later, thought I don't know what the consequences are beyond changing your friend code and losing whatever you left up on the GTS.

I'm not disputing the Dev's logic on surf, we've all seen a pikachu on a surfboard, but a flying pikachu?

I'm finding I'm rapidly filling up boxes with Pokewalker pokemon that aren't worth trading and I don't want to keep. I'd love to shove them into my ranch but I've been waiting a year for the platinum update, not expecting much for SS/HG... Can you purchase a lethal injection machine for your secret base, or is there a Chinese Pokéway that will take them off my hands for cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm not disputing the Dev's logic on surf, we've all seen a pikachu on a surfboard, but a flying pikachu?

Apparently, there's a flying Pikachu in the Pokemon adventures manga.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Apparently, there's a flying Pikachu in the Pokemon adventures manga.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chuchu

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The event had been extended to 5th May :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

and for your viewing pleasure -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXHk8JFCBc

and for your viewing pleasure -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXHk8JFCBc

"I have this weird thing of not wanting my face on the screen, so I cover up with various plushes, but this was the first time I wore my Pikahoodie. Well spotted!"

Pics, NOW.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    "I have this weird thing of not wanting my face on the screen, so I cover up with various plushes, but this was the first time I wore my Pikahoodie. Well spotted!"

Pics, NOW.
    Pikahoodie without me in it
    Pikachu_Hoodie_by_buzzthebatgirl.png

Never before have I seen so much win in an item of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That's class, did it cost much time/money to make?

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    That's class, did it cost much time/money to make?
    It was €10 for the hoodie, €1 for the extra yellow cloth (marked down yellow t-shirt), about €2 for the black and brown felt (the current version has brown felt for the brown sections), er €2-3 for superglue. The threads/needles/stuffing I had lying around the gaff. It took most of an afternoon to make it, I'd guess about 3-4 hours. I have gone in a stuffed up the tail and done minor adjustments so that's approx another hour.

In short about about €15 and 5 hours. I certainly wasn't paying this much for one

In short about about €15 and 5 hours. I certainly wasn't paying this much for one

Wow, holy crap that's some markup :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Just to let you know of the upcoming Wi-Fi event. It will unlock the Yellow Forest Pokéwalker route. The route is filled with Pikachu, some of which know Fly & Surf. The event will run from 2nd of April to 30th of April.

How do you access these events?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Notorious wrote: »
    How do you access these events?

Via Wi-Fi. On the main menu go to mystery gift, then receive gift via Nintendo WFC or Wi-Fi (can't think off the top of my head what it's called) and it'll come up for you to download. Of course make sure there's a Wi-Fi connection nearby that you can access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phxMRuFyF4E

It's mostly for DPP (Diamond, Pearl and Platnium), but the wi-fi connection Mystery Gift set up is the same for HG/SS

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Did anyone get a Pikachu with Fly/Surf yet? Apart from Buzzthebatgirl with her levitating Pikachu in the PBR video... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I got one with Fly, still looking for the surfing Pikachu though.

I'm totally considering doing a playthrough with a team of six pikachu/raichu/pichu now that I'd still be able to use Fly and Surf without switching at the PC.

wayhey wrote: »
    Did anyone get a Pikachu with Fly/Surf yet? Apart from Buzzthebatgirl with her levitating Pikachu in the PBR video... :P
    I didn't catch those, I found them on the GTS. I did trade with my friend who caught Japanese Flying and Surfing Pikas on her Japanese game.
    I got one with Fly, still looking for the surfing Pikachu though.
    Congratulations! I was walking my legs off earning the steps to encounter a flying one, but kept getting the bog standard ones

How many steps do you have to take to get the Surf/Fly guys? Was at about 6 or 7 thousand yesterday, the best I got was a flail / helping hand 'Chu.

How many steps do you have to take to get the Surf/Fly guys? Was at about 6 or 7 thousand yesterday, the best I got was a flail / helping hand 'Chu.
    About 10000+ for a Flying one, but you only need about 7500 if you have an advantaged Pokémon in the walker

Bulba-Bulbapedia

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up on Advantaged types... all this time I've been alternating my turdulous HootHoot and Ledyba in solitary. And now to deliberately forget to pick up the milk and return to tesco a few times. 2000 in the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Racked up well over 10,000 steps each day over the long weekend but no luck with these rare pikachu. The best I got was the lv.13 guy with helping hand. I won't be racking up those points until next weekend, so I'll give it another shot then.

I randomly caught a surfing lady Pikachu last night, in a !! bush of all places. For the best results you should aim for the !!! bushes, but I guess you can randomly get them in a !! bush! :P

Walked my daughter up and down the aisles of superquinn to the tune of 10,000 steps (ok, I did use my legs to get around as well, I'm sure that contributed to the total). Went through about 500 Watts last night, grabbed 3 2nd tier 'Chus but no sign of a tier 3. Then it turned midnight and the 2nd tiers stopped showing up as well. GAAAAAARgh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think I wasted around 7/800W Sunday and Monday trying to get a !!! one to show up. It kept going into battle at ! or !! :(

I have pikachu in mine atm and am nearing the 7500 steps. So hopefully with a bit of luck I'll get a flying pikachu. If I do I'll send it on to buzzthebat as a thanks for the meet-up and Pokémon stealing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

couple of questions regarding this event. What happens to the yellow forest after the event closes. Does it stay open, close, or just not able to catch the special pikachu's

Also do you have to be anyway into the main game to get to the yellow forest in the walker. Its just i dont have the game and was gonna wait until im finished in college in a few weeks before i get it, but i dont wanna miss this event. So if i got the game and just used the walker to i might still be able to get a special pikachu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well I just got the game last Friday andf downloaded the Yellow Forest map after only an hour or so ingame, so I think you can download it straight from the start (you might need to have gotten the first Pokedex ingame as a lot of pokemon stuff cant be done till after getting that).

As for how long it lasts, I hope that once you get the map donwloaded its there for good, and the time limit is how long you have to d/l it. Any news from Japan on this as they have had several events with several maps already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I randomly caught a surfing lady Pikachu last night, in a !! bush of all places. For the best results you should aim for the !!! bushes, but I guess you can randomly get them in a !! bush! :P

The first ! has only tier 1 pokemon, the second ! has tier 1 and 2 pokemon, the !! tier 2 & 3 and the !!! tier 3 only.

Also each time you load a pokemon into the walker, only one of the 2 possible pokemon per tier is loaded. Serebii have statistics on the encounter rates for each course.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#yellowforest

Looks like you have at best a 3% chance per go of finding a fly/surf pikachu once you've walked the required number of steps..ouch

EDIT: Or maybe not, the Fly/Surf headers at the bottom aren't very clear..
    EDIT 2: Ok now I get it, the odds really are 2/3%, the other boxes are the conditional probabilities of other encounters based on whether the fly or surf pikachu has been selected for tier 3/group A.

• Advertisement

Got a surfing pikachu this evening. It came up as !! in the grass (If you get what I mean) when I got it. I really wanted a flying one though :( Will try again tomorrow though.

Advertisement