Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JaMarcus Russell at 290 pounds

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Apparently he's a little overweight

jamarcus2.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Goalline QB sneak ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I thought he looked pretty trim in that photo compared some we've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Goalline QB sneak ftw!

Qb roll or Qb waddle. You can't sneak when you're that size:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

bobby wade wrote: »
    Apparently he's a little overweight

No ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

FFS Why dont we trade for mcnabb and CUT russell? Theres no cap penalties so why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Max Power1 wrote: »
    FFS Why dont we trade for mcnabb and CUT russell? Theres no cap penalties so why not?

Because can't you see from the image that Russel is an athlete and we all know how Al Davis loves his athletes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Apparently Russell has shed quite a bit of weight already, and looks way different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Max Power1 wrote: »

Trading for McNabb is a complete waste. If we cut JR we have to give him $18m up front, this year we only have to pay him $3m if we keep him on the roster. Makes much more sense to keep him.

I think the raiders should keep him anyway. I think he could still come good. . . . well i think there is a chance that he might be useful:P

Trading for McNabb is a complete waste. If we cut JR we have to give him $18m up front, this year we only have to pay him $3m if we keep him on the roster. Makes much more sense to keep him.
    Ah.. I wasnt aware of the extortionionate guaranteed money!
    I think the raiders should keep him anyway. I think he could still come good. . . . well i think there is a chance that he might be useful:P
    wait, this is Jamarcus Russell we're talking about. You do realise that you just used the words Jamarcus Russel and Useful in the same sentence right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Plus, ya know, he's an athlete... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Im not a Russell fan but you do all realise that photo has been shopped so many times its got diseases right? That same photo has appeared shopped on so many different fan websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fantastic49ers

He might make a good o line back up, but qb no chance. U may have guessed i'm a niner fan, we know these things... and now we have a new carr to park on the bench...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Archimedes wrote: »
    Apparently Russell has shed quite a bit of weight already, and looks way different.

He's dropped 20 pounds to get to 270, which is still about 35 pounds overweight. He went up to 290 after he got dropped in favour of Gradkowski.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Im not a Russell fan but you do all realise that photo has been shopped so many times its got diseases right? That same photo has appeared shopped on so many different fan websites.

I thought thast would be pretty obvious

bobby wade wrote: »
    I thought thast would be pretty obvious

Just making sure, My joke meter is low today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jgjkl

yeeeah!

Thanlks for ressurecting this thread! It made me wonder what weight good old JR is now :P Id hazard a guess around 350!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I was looking up JaMarcus Russell's weight for the fun of it and came across this on Wikipedia:
    On May 16, it was reported that several teams interested in signing Russell are exploring moving him to another position

What other position could he play? Just curious about it.

I was looking up JaMarcus Russell's weight for the fun of it and came across this on Wikipedia:

What other position could he play? Just curious about it.

Water Boy

I can't picture him in any other position. Maybe a blocking TE or something considering he weighs so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

Water Boy

I can't picture him in any other position. Maybe a blocking TE or something considering he weighs so much.

Yeah TE is the talk. Due the size and hands apparently. I would have thought he would be better off in Canada or the UFL at QB to try and resurrect some sort of career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

But as a tight end, particularly a blocking TE you have to be able to be very physical and ideally, hit hard, while either a blocking or pass catching TE is expected to be able to take a hit and come back for more. Russell despite his size has never been very physical and wouldn't be regarded as a 'tough' QB, so the prospects aren't great that he's gonna start brushing off the hits and start dishing them out. Of course, as a QB many of the hits he received were from 300+lb linemen, whereas a TE is more likely to be facing a smaller linebacker or safety.
    boccy23 wrote: »
    I would have thought he would be better off in Canada or the UFL at QB to try and resurrect some sort of career.

I agree and I'd be surprised if Russell even considered changing position, you can make a million or two a year as a backup QB, while most backup TE's or blocking TE's make nothing like that. Unless he becomes another Antonio Gates !!!

heyjude wrote: »
    But as a tight end, particularly a blocking TE you have to be able to be very physical and ideally, hit hard, while either a blocking or pass catching TE is expected to be able to take a hit and come back for more. Russell despite his size has never been very physical and wouldn't be regarded as a 'tough' QB, so the prospects aren't great that he's gonna start brushing off the hits and start dishing them out. Of course, as a QB many of the hits he received were from 300+lb linemen, whereas a TE is more likely to be facing a smaller linebacker or safety.

Tis why I said I can't see him anywhere else to be honest. Also as a TE you will have a End over you also. Lets not forget how big some ends in the NFL are. Richard Seymour over Russell type scenario. He will only be dealing with smaller Safeties if the run breaks for yards down field or the play is designed for him to block down field and not take the End straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Oakland Raiders have filed a grievance with the NFL seeking $9.55 million of the more than $39 million quarterback JaMarcus Russell received during his three-year tenure with the team.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_15179908?nclick_check=1

eagle eye wrote: »

He doesn't "deserve" a penny of it but at the end of the day the raiders gave him the mahoosive contract so they don;t deserve any of it back.

He doesn't "deserve" a penny of it but at the end of the day the raiders gave him the mahoosive contract so they don;t deserve any of it back.
    He didnt earn a penny of it when he was playing so he certainly doesnt deserve any of it now either!

That said, If you had a chance that you were contractually entitled to recoup a few million from an overpaid draft bust, Im sure youd try too!

No harm in trying! Especially when it's probably the biggest embarassment of that franchise.

However they gave him the contract, I cant see how they'd have a legal leg to stand on

No harm in trying! Especially when it's probably the biggest embarassment of that franchise.

However they gave him the contract, I cant see how they'd have a legal leg to stand on

Have to agree be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

2 of the side effects of codeine addiction are apparently weight gain and lethargy.

Interesting.

Advertisement