Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Xcellerate

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

At least she's good looking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Only reason I watched those videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The worst was when paintballed a car in another episode. Cringeworthy. It's was an econobox they were trying to hype up to be a another WRC competitor. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

It is a crap show with crap presenters

I have no time for it what so ever, regardless of what car they are testing:

Whats even more stupid is the fact that A lot of the sprt cars that they test are not available for purchase here.

Ireland is not a car friendly country. So this show is a waste of time and money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I give them credit for trying at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's shockingly poor alright, but typically Irish - "ooh this is a 04.. shiney.. nice dashboard!" :rolleyes:

Never been to an auction myself, but seemed a bit convenient that they both got their cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Saw this the last day......OMFG. Your man driving the R8 was a complete muppet. He was doing 100kph in a 120zone.......in an R8 that kinda says it all.

The edit cut they aired at the end of the show showed the blonde female presenter stalling the car I think it was a VW Tiguan (2wd). Need I say more! Presenters should be selected because they have an interest and also because they have good perception and understanding of driving dynamics and that they can apply it in practice to form a conscise accurate car review. The two presenting the show quiet simply didnt!

They said very little regards the cars themselves engineering involved (even when reviewing the R8 stinks of sloppy research).Even the tiguan was a 2wd version!

Wont be watching it in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I find Clarkson so monotonous at this stage. He follows the same style for each review that I've gotten jaded with TG. It's refreshing to have a different approach on another show instead.

WHAT?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I give them credit for trying at least
    I give them an A for effort tbh.

Why?
    Any idiot can try something, give credit for being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Meh! What do you expect? They are prob being paid buttons and the budget for the show is peanuts.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

To be honest, I didnt even know this car show existed until now as I've given up watching Irish TV as its useless and the more of it I watched the more I resented being forced to pay a TV license to have it used for that cr*p!!

But watching the few clips posted on here have made me cringe.. absolutely shocking, brutal, total sh*te..

At least get presenter(s) who knows what they are talking about, have an interest in cars and can bloody drive!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

rocky wrote: »
    And the pick of the crop for a guy presenting a motors show is ... an Auris :eek:

OMFG, an Auris is good now:eek::eek:?

I need to sit down and take a few deep breaths after that statement.

Irish "car journalists" know absolutely nothing about cars, or if they do they never express it. We have Irish Car getting all excited by a Skoda Octavia which is now 5 years old at this stage because they now do a CR diesel with a DSG box and a "massive" 105 PS:eek:, we have Kevin Myres in the Irish Indo saying it's all a conspiracy(about the accelerator pedals etc in Toyotas) and Drive getting all worked up about the Honda Insight because wait for it... it is the cheapest hybrid on sale:eek::rolleyes:!

Only in Ireland would you have a "motors" section of a newspaper give the old model Avensis 5 out of 5 even though the new model was only a few weeks away, and equally Irish is declaring the current Avensis a better car than the Insignia:rolleyes::eek:. Step forward the Irish Times and take a bow:rolleyes:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

quarryman wrote: »
    i don't think she even knows what cars she's looking at, only that its "shiney" and has a "nice dashboard".

What made me cringe the most was when she said "this one is nice and high up off the ground.":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The Irish Journos would go mad for the new Talbot Solara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097bV5hkEjM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

It a case that the show is so small, low budget that they are frightened to give an car a bad review for fear the manufacturers wont give them any cars to test. The guy I would say knows his stuff but is not been given the chance because the producers are making him do a Clarkson impersonation....the paintball in a grey quarry was bizarre.
    Review car, call a spade a spade and dont tell is a obviously crap car is great cause it gets 100 mpg. Those who care for such things don watch TV cause it wastes electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mc Love wrote: »
    Same car, different show, hotter presenter :D

yes vikki butler henderson is a good lookin chick, but she can be a pain in the arse:rolleyes: with her essex gal attitude >those irritating screams & giggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

fryup wrote: »
    yes vikki butler henderson is a good lookin chick, but she can be a pain in the arse:rolleyes: with her essex gal attitude >those irritating screams & giggles
    Eh? thats the best part imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Eh? thats the best part imo

nah, wrecks my head:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement