Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Xcellerate

Options
  • 28-03-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Good god someone stop Irish stations ripping off tv shows!! Anyone seen this? It was on TV3 just there so I said I'd give it a go, I feel like my day is now ruined!! Yer man is ripping off May & Clarkson no end! The obv. they've not got the budget for TopGear stye tests so they shoud stop trying to replicate!

(I know should be in TV, but I figured more Petrol Heads would see it here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

example:

what a load of shi

make sure to check out 1:47+ in that vid. OMFG.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

No it aint great now.was just watching it.....yer man driving the R8 was overtaken by a transitffs:eek:

Ur one is nice though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

FFS 03:44 in, sounds just awful as if he was doing a Borat impression
    oh oh oh oh thats a ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's embarrassingly bad.

They obviously haven't realised that there is a gap in the market for a "normal" car show that simply does reviews of new models. Leave Top Gear do the more entertainment based stuff that it does so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Do you remember 'Drive' that was on RTÉ years back? That was equally shíte.

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Do you remember 'Drive' that was on RTÉ years back? That was equally shíte.

Not at all, Drive was nowhere near as bad as I recall. This thing is in a league of it's own due to it's blatant aping of TG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That's shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I give them an A for effort tbh.

Fifth gear is better than Top Gear in the way it actually focuses on real car stuff as opposed to the entertainment factor of TG

Apart from this, although they did apply the science too it (bloody awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,412 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yawn, it's a bit sexist too

• Advertisement

Same car, different show, hotter presenter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

That was absolutely painful to watch.

Why is it that whenever the Irish try to do a car programme or anything automotive related, they get it so blatantly wrong? I mean, I can't put into words how bad that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 21inchguns

"it has the same 4.8l v8 that the 430 has"! Did the name f430 not give him a clue what size engine is in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

21inchguns wrote: »
    "it has the same 4.8l v8 that the 430 has"! Did the name f430 not give him a clue what size engine is in it...

Would it not be an f480 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    example:

what a load of shi

make sure to check out 1:47+ in that vid. OMFG.

See the comments: "holy $hit this man taught me fifth class primary school".

Classic!

What. the. fúck.

I just caught a few minutes on this on City Channel. 3 of them were test driving 3 different cars around Mondello, the woman had the fastest time and the guy was up last, when he crossed the line the woman didn't actually say what time he got, she only held up the stopwatch to the camera, but you can't actually make out what it says!! ffs, do they watch this footage when they edit it together?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I find Clarkson so monotonous at this stage. He follows the same style for each review that I've gotten jaded with TG. It's refreshing to have a different approach on another show instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭choo choo man

I know what you need, you need Vikki Butler Henderson presenting the Irish Automotive programme, I would watch her all day long. OOPS SAID TOO MUCH,GOTTA GO.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I watched that a couple of weeks ago, they are an embarrasment to us, hope it doesnt air anywhere else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

I couldn't hack more than two minutes of that chickenshyte. The problem with yerman is he sounds like someone has kidnapped his family and won't release them unless he says all these puns in the shortest possible time. Either that or he's constipated.

With Clarkson the humour is incidental and it fits his character. I'm sure Top Gear is scripted to the nines, but it doesn't come across that way because there is some of the character in the character. This TV3 thing is absolutely cringeworthy.

I remember back in the 90's when I knew most of the motoring journos in Ireland: many bemoaned nepotism and people debasing the market just to get to drive swanky cars on a regular basis. Clearly nothing much has changed.

Re: Drive, it was over - styled but not a bad programme at all. The host, Karl Tsigdinos, is a true petrol head ( he also presented 'River of soul' on Today FM, think he's moved to 4FM ). The Director - Paddy McClintock - competed in the 1968 London - Sydney Marathon in a Pug. 404, and did again in 1993. FFS at least they were car guys.

My tuppence worth anyways.

Regards,

Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,296 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I find Clarkson so monotonous at this stage. He follows the same style for each review that I've gotten jaded with TG. It's refreshing to have a different approach on another show instead.

Sick of clarksons reviews too where he starts off saying its possibly the worst car ever but then it turns out to be the best car IN THE WORLD

the whole stig thing is getting a bit old.

Some say he's..............ah STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

You should see this, it's even worse:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

VolvoMan wrote: »

OMG!

ROTFLCOPTER!

I could only do 1 minute 50 seconds, after which I began to feel physically ill. They really must think that the entire population is retarded. Note how she says "Ten thaisand" oh vomit!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That's shockingly bad. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

fúcking morons..first thing when they see a car "ohh 2004"
    "ohhh 2007"

and 92 thousand kilometres is a lot now? eejits.

seriously..hope they see this thread and come on here and realise how clueless they are..

ahal wrote: »
    OMG!

ROTFLCOPTER!

I could only do 1 minute 50 seconds, after which I began to feel physically ill. They really must think that the entire population is retarded. Note how she says "Ten thaisand" oh vomit!
    That's shocking mad. Jaysus.

What am I missing?

What am I missing?

How incredibly bad it is perhaps?

"Oooh this one's shiny" doesn't really cut the mustard now does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i don't think she even knows what cars she's looking at, only that its "shiney" and has a "nice dashboard".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

And the pick of the crop for a guy presenting a motors show is ... an Auris :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement