Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude question, sorry!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Ah nooo.. thats not what I really wanted to hear :rolleyes:
    It just I only hope I will never have to go back to that Unit 3.. simply just the experience of another girl going through her labour right beside me scared me to death.. I was not afraid of labour at all but you know when you hear it..it gets a bit real and as i said scary.. I even wonder if she was still suppose to be there.. they only brought her to delivery room when she was on 9cm and they could see the head.. she gave them massive push too.. the midwifes were like.. ah no we dont want you to push now.. we will bring you to the delivery room to have your baby.. surely that was not her fault they left it so late to move her! She had a baby boy after she gave them another two pushes.. I would have thought she would have been in delivery ward as soon as she went into labour?!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Elle13 wrote: »
    It just I only hope I will never have to go back to that Unit 3.. simply just the experience of another girl going through her labour right beside me scared me to death.. I was not afraid of labour at all but you know when you hear it..it gets a bit real and as i said scary.. I even wonder if she was still suppose to be there.. they only brought her to delivery room when she was on 9cm and they could see the head.. she gave them massive push too.. the midwifes were like.. ah no we dont want you to push now.. we will bring you to the delivery room to have your baby.. surely that was not her fault they left it so late to move her! She had a baby boy after she gave them another two pushes.. I would have thought she would have been in delivery ward as soon as she went into labour?!! :confused:

Elle, seriously, it's not as bad as it sounds. :D. If it was, none of us would ever go back for another - and most of us do!

I have to admit I'm surprised that the lady was left until she was 9cm before being moved to delivery - around 6 or 7cm would be more common.
    Maybe the delivery ward was full? I dunno?

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Apparently a lot of guys faint in the Labour ward, and many go when the epidural is being put in. So warn em to go for a walk for that one lol!!
    really ? I was in for epidural and thought it was fine.

Wife ended up having emergency c-section and I was allowed to watch all fine. Actually asked doc could I have a look and she let walk around to see and I was there for all the cutting and delivery. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Elle13 wrote: »

It can happen that if a woman is coping really well with her pains on unit 3, she might get to 9-10cm before being transferred to the delivery room, especially if it is not her first baby. They won't examine you routinely on unit 3, only when the woman feels that the pains have gotten too bad to cope with, or when the midwife suspects that the woman is in labour (obviously this can be missed when the ward is busy, but generally woman are great at speaking up when they aren't coping!)

You'll be fine in labour! You have no choice but to be fine! Woman are designed to cope, thats why we are the fairer sex :D Megan is only 3 months old, but I can't wait to do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

fi1979 wrote: »
    I gather it does happen alright, but am refusing to dwell on it and telling himself to stay up the top end of the bed as much as possible so he doesn't faint!!!:eek::eek:

Apparently a lot of guys faint in the Labour ward, and many go when the epidural is being put in. So warn em to go for a walk for that one lol!!

Staying top end would be nice, but sometime you don't get the choice. Was very hands on in the birth of my first son ... totally unexpected ... but hey it really is the least you can do. Saw lots ... never forget it ... but with a good result in the end, it doesn't really matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Can i say this without getting dirty looks.. any babies yet??:D sorry to those waiting i know it's not what you want to hear..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

cbyrd wrote: »
    Can i say this without getting dirty looks.. any babies yet??:D sorry to those waiting i know it's not what you want to hear..;)

Bulmersgal is in labour:D

Noreen

Advertisement