Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction to Social Research/The Economy of Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

charmer wrote: »
    @Quirkster... to be ****ed if I know! Hold on i'll check my notes from the other day.. but I better get a thanks for this :P
    Well we're only being examined on this half of the course(qualitative) so Anne Holohan's notes(webct) and then theres 3 main ethnographies - Street Corner Society, Saints Scholars and Schizophrenics aaaaaannnd.. dunno what the other one is?! But she said focus on them to use them as examples when answering the exams qs. Read the chapters from them listed in the reading list.
    crap she mentioned to focus on: discourse/conversation/context analysis, difference between quantitative and qualitative philosophical theory, research techniques, practical difference the internet makes in research, etc..
    theres ya goes!
    Wow that sounds boring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Well aren't you the quick one Walsho.. Indeed I am still smoking and the course is goin great thanks :)
    Thought I should return the stalkage.. must say ur quite photogenic..
    I would :P

Cheers love. Wait around at the back of the next Social Research lecture for friendship, fun, and maybe more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

The Walsho wrote: »
    friendship, fun, and maybe more.

Well thats a romance in the makin' for sure..:p
    I think I actually spoke to ya once in first year:confused:

I really gotta stop givin' so much away.. This is my superhero name so I can't let ya find out who I am by day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Well, it is SHAG week.

• Advertisement

I'd like everyone to know that Walsho the so-called nice guy stood me up and broke my heart.. Should have listened to Nailer!!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

I'd like everyone to know that Walsho the so-called nice guy stood me up and broke my heart.. Should have listened to Nailer!!

ure one of the luckey ones :(

I did no such thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Stay away from Walsho you. According to Boards matchmaking we're compatible to the tune of TEN hearts. He's my soul mate and you'll never be good enough for him.

andrew wrote: »
    Stay away from Walsho you. According to Boards matchmaking we're compatible to the tune of TEN hearts. He's my soul mate and you'll never be good enough for him.

You wish! Apparently I am also a ten heart match for him!
    There's only one solution.. a duel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

You wish! Apparently I am also a ten heart match for him!
    There's only one solution.. a duel.

Or a threesome. But whatever, I'm cool with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

@Quirkster... to be ****ed if I know! Hold on i'll check my notes from the other day.. but I better get a thanks for this :P
    Well we're only being examined on this half of the course(qualitative) so Anne Holohan's notes(webct) and then theres 3 main ethnographies - Street Corner Society, Saints Scholars and Schizophrenics aaaaaannnd.. dunno what the other one is?! But she said focus on them to use them as examples when answering the exams qs. Read the chapters from them listed in the reading list.
    crap she mentioned to focus on: discourse/conversation/context analysis, difference between quantitative and qualitative philosophical theory, research techniques, practical difference the internet makes in research, etc..
    theres ya goes!

youll be getting an email soon enough asking for more help i fear :( but thanks for that, slightly less paniced now

Check your PM Quirkster!

Advertisement