Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mates bus driving dad - wages

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

If i wanted to change career and drive for Dublin Bus, im pretty sure i could be driving you to work within a year. The reverse is not true. I couldnt engineer software after a years training

Please don't. In my experience software engineers try out their product until it stops crashing, not a good way to drive a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

If they're able to cut €200, Dublin Bus must've been paying well...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

That was overtime they cut, basic pay not great, put it this way, Im about €100 a week better off working than I would be claiming the dole. €20 a day...must remember that the next time the 4am alarm clock goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

ah I love peoples opinions on what others 'should' get paid. I saw the scales few years ago and it seemed like a reasonable wage for the level of responsibility and horrendously unsocial hours.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

spareman wrote: »
    That was overtime they cut, basic pay not great, put it this way, Im about €100 a week better off working than I would be claiming the dole. €20 a day...must remember that the next time the 4am alarm clock goes off.

I wonder if this is more of an argument for our dole being far too generous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the dole arguement is never of any credence....you dont get it forever you know...313 days, then you have to go beg (unless your other half works, then you can go hang...)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

corktina wrote: »
    the dole arguement is never of any credence....you dont get it forever you know...313 days, then you have to go beg (unless your other half works, then you can go hang...)
    I based above on a friend of mine with the same number of children as me and he has been officially unemployed for the past 10 years or so and comes out with €140 less than me a week, Therefore I work 39 hour week for €140, he also does the odd nixer cash into the hand and ends up with more money than me, system dont make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

but you can hold your head up as paying your way whereas anyone who didnt work through the boom years whilst claiming to be searching for work is surely a scrounger....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Until recent work changes (48hr week) certain lads were knocking in 80hr weeks and cleaning up, many others in the 50/60hr bracket. These boys are down 200/300 per week.
    The family man doing his 39hrs a week is still on the basic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

So politicians and bankers essentially should all be sacked. :rolleyes:
    well, thats up to their employers isnt it?
    would you disagree that "bankers" & "politcians" wages should be cut?
    i personally think they could do with a reduction

you mentioned "sacking" but im talking about cuts. if there are less jobs available or someone better then they should get the sack.
    that up to their employers though. oh wait, irish people keep voting the same families into power who wont sack the bankers or cut their wages so i guess we are getting what we want?
    lets see at the next election

• Advertisement
Advertisement