Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman on 2fm plagued by Poltergeist

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

alanajane wrote: »
    Hi all, it really cheeses me off the way the great G Ryan makes little of anything of a paranormal nature, be it of a 'ghostly' nature, tarot or healings...does he not realise some of us out there are really interested in these things...honestly sometimes he cant see further than his...yeah well you know..

It's good to hear that at least someone is providing a skeptical perspective for this 'investigation'... even if it has to be Gerry Ryan

Better him than to let yous have free reign with the mediums and psychics and proton packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 [IPIC]Darkghost

Honestly i dont like the fact that this is being broadcasted, fair enough if the lady called in (I didnt get a chance to listen to the full show, just the end of it today and alittle the other day)

the way i see it
    1) The lady could be doing this for publisity.
    2) Its Genuine and didnt know who to approch.

I dont know about anyone here but, i dont think i would like Radio and Tv crews all over my house..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok just back home now from this place. Obviously I could talk and talk about it and my opinions, ideas etc but theres a few things I want to get across:

• In the short time we were there we saw no evidence of paranormal activity. Now thats not to say theres nothing going on because, lets face it, being there few a few hours is vey different to living there 24/7.

• We (PIGs) are very happy that these people are a genuine, nice, normal family. Any talk of a scam to move house etc is just nonsnse as they are very hapy to live there and have been in the house since the mother was a child. Guessing I'd say 40+ years? Now thats not to say that what they are experiences is paranormal but going by their testimonials etc they are discribing a range of phenomenon which would have you wondering.

• The medium there tonight (Tom Colton) was pretty impressive, obviously theres going to be information that cant be verified but they family were happy and impressed with him. We were with him at all times and to see him get so much information, personal to the family, was great to watch. I personally recommended him to come over tonight because he's down to earth, and a regular guy. Just whats needed in a situation like this were you're dealing with people who are living with a situation. No one wants a mystical, flamboyant showman when you're dealing with real peoples lives.

• We've got to respect that these people have a right to a certain amount of anonimity. With that in mind I wont just freely be throwing out personal details/info to satisfy people curiousity.

I'm sure the other lads will post their own thoughts at some stage.

Honestly i dont like the fact that this is being broadcasted, fair enough if the lady called in (I didnt get a chance to listen to the full show, just the end of it today and alittle the other day)

the way i see it
    1) The lady could be doing this for publisity.
    2) Its Genuine and didnt know who to approch.

I dont know about anyone here but, i dont think i would like Radio and Tv crews all over my house..

Personally I think its great that they are open to talk about it. Whether ghosts exist or not is almost irrelivant at this stage, the fact is people are experiencing stuff and the effect it has on them and their lives are very real. If by this family going public more people feel they can talk about their experiences then its a good thing.

I really dont see this as an attempt at attention whoring. Having met them they are relucated for people to actually know who they are. They'd didnt know how to go about getting help, or finding people to talk too. Now they have access to a number of people who are willing to share their opinions and insight.

I've met plenty of people who just want their 15 minutes etc. These people arent like that. You really just have to judge on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I thought these people were very genuine and I could echo everything 6th says.

Didnt take EMF readings due to the nature of electrical wiring in the house but took a series of temp readings. Had a drop in the sitting room but standard all over the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

alanajane wrote: »

anyhow little rant over what I would like to ask is something the female investigator mentioned (sorry cant remember her name)...she said there has been an increase in paranormal activity with the increase in earthquake activity...is this true and if so why would that be???

Hi That was me who mentioned regarding increase in seismic activity,
    I was not saying it as a fact, but more so as something that would be worth looking into, It was a friend of mine in another group who has the thought that maybe this increase could have something to do with the increase of reports of paranormal activity,

Mark i have to agree 110% with you on how genuine i found this family to be,
    I do feel as i said before that reports of paranormal activity for them seems real .
    It warrants further investigation as i am sure you would agree , I will be going back down to visit this family and to do what we all put out there todo, investigate reported activity,

At the end of the day people contact us groups to help them and we all will agree that we do, to the best of our knowledge and ability.

I would give this family one thing, they are not in it for publicity as the owners where very adamant of no pictures been taken of the out side of there home by a reporter that was there, or pictures of there faces to been published. So to me that is not the making of someone who wants 15 mins of fame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

is this the family who took pictures of an orb and therefore the house is haunted? they may be nice people and all, but that doesnt mean their house is haunted.

Traze - afaik there is not connection to earthquakes and paranormal activity. there is a alink between earthquakes and changing electro magnetic energy from the earth, which can cause people to *think* they are seeing ghosts though.

maccored wrote: »
    is this the family who took pictures of an orb and therefore the house is haunted? they may be nice people and all, but that doesnt mean their house is haunted.

The photo was from 2 years ago and so insignificant with regards to what the family have been experiencing over a much longer period of time. When things like orbs get mentioned people are very quick to write off the whole thing without actually looking at what else has happened.

Again I am not saying the house is haunted but I'll put it on the line and say that whatever is going on this family are genuine people who fully believe what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I think theres a bit of straw clutching going on tbh. The photo was one thing she mentioned, but yet it was two years ago - nevermind that it was only of a reflection of light. Most of the other stuff she mentioned in that online recording didn't sound like anything that couldnt be explained logically (most of it being feelings) - yet it's being treated like there's been a genuine reported 'oh look I just saw a ghost' haunting.

Is things in the paranormal field so boring that people are investigating stuff primarily because it was reported on a radio show and not because there's enough cause to suspect the place may be haunted?

maccored wrote: »

Is things in the paranormal field so boring that people are investigating stuff primarily because it was reported on a radio show and not because there's enough cause to suspect the place may be haunted?

People are investigating these reports as from the request of people who ask us to, Not because we have nothing better to do, but from us putting it out to people that we are here to help them if they feel they are having paranormal activity. The reason as to why it was reported on the radio is because this family did not know where to go to seek help, so they highlighted there situation in that manner.
    They are not ones to be seeking media attention but a as i felt and also mark a genuine family that as i said before are feeling they are having paranormal activity, It is up to us as investigators to help these people as i said to put to rest weather it be paranormal or other means,

afaik there is not connection to earthquakes and paranormal activity

Do you have evidence to back this up as in saying there is no connection, The person who has mentioned this to me is researching this, to see in fact if there is a connection.

• Advertisement

The family have seen figures in the house and been living with the situation for years. From talking to them they're arent putting forward the photo or their audio recording forward as any kind of proof. They arent out to convince anyone of anything.

Personal testimony is really all we have when it comes to the paranormal because, no matter what anyone says, we have no idea of the mechanics behind what people believe is going on. Even the equipment used in investigations is only useful when it comes to monitoring the environment of a location. Changes in conditions which appear to be outside the normal for a specific location are interesting and should be noted but beyond that we have no real idea of what they mean. Theories of temperature drops signifying that a spirit is trying to manifistate are nothing more than popular ideas with no backup.

But the fact is people are experiencing "something" and there will always be people with an interest in looking at those cases.

You say that things must be boring for people to go to this home just because it got some media attention. Fact is the location and people were accessable and open to giving the opportunity to check it out. Theres alot more merit to investigating a house like this than a hundred castles and gaols who'd sightings and stories are older than the people checking them out.

Current activity being experienced by real people who you can actually sit down with is far more interesting than 8 hours sitting in the dark in a spooky castle.

6th wrote: »

You say that things must be boring for people to go to this home just because it got some media attention. Fact is the location and people were accessable and open to giving the opportunity to check it out. Theres alot more merit to investigating a house like this than a hundred castles and gaols who'd sightings and stories are older than the people checking them out.

Current activity being experienced by real people who you can actually sit down with is far more interesting than 8 hours sitting in the dark in a spooky castle.

Totally agree with you on that mark

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Congrats on the show Traze, haven't never met the family I can't say if their in it for the money, but if their in the house a good few years it sounds unlikely..

Good luck to both PRAOFI & PIGs in their investigations of the house..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the gerry ryan show finished with the house or are they going back?

I believe they will be discussing it again in the morning but dont quote me on that. Also theres to be an article in tomorrows Star but being a newspaper i couldnt say what sort of angle they'll take :)

i couldnt say what sort of angle they'll take :)

My sexiest angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilliann888

Grimes wrote: »
    My sexiest angle.
    Thats great . I ll go and buy it . ;)

In work and missed them on Gerry Ryan this morning. Anyone listen in? Bit in the Star today is good too, obviously its got the newspaper twist but its eye catching lol.

ghost123.jpg

Its always fun to do these Star things and remember its a bit of fun. Im glad Tom was able to help the family and put their minds at ease and get rid of whatever spirit was bothering them. I particulalry likes "the power of Christ part"

• Advertisement

Does the spiritualist > Tom get paid for this?? or does he do it voluntarily??

fryup wrote: »
    Does the spiritualist > Tom get paid for this?? or does he do it voluntarily??

We get asked this so much. No one got paid for this by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You got a couple of nice mentions 6th, I said to someone "I know him!" from where they said "er.. the internet..:o". I think it's all bunkum personally, but even for a skeptic like me it was nicely handled. :)

any updates on this?? is it still peaceful in the finglas house??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IrelandsMedium

I visited the family last week I was in the area to see how things where and all is good there from what they told me, the energy in the house is completly different

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ok so not to be confused with the case in Cork this is a woman in Finglas on the radio today. Claiming to be followed by activity. Her son set up a camera etc and caught sounds and a pic of an orb (i know!). I got a call about it but i'm in work and its as much as i know so far. Anyone here this early or have more info?

lol - that woman is my dads cousin. i didnt hear it but my mam was telling me about it. i was looking for it on the 2fm site but i couldnt find the podcast, does anyone have a link to it?

my gran said she stayed in that house loads over the years and never noticed anything

EDIT: d'oh, note to self read the thread before posting - just seen the link, going to have a listen now

double EDIT - Its not there :-(

don't mean to be sarcastic,

but has anyone tried to contact gerry?? seeing that he had a keen interest in the afterlife himself....i wonder would his spirit be willing to come forward

Advertisement