Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman on 2fm plagued by Poltergeist

Options
  • 23-03-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

ok so not to be confused with the case in Cork this is a woman in Finglas on the radio today. Claiming to be followed by activity. Her son set up a camera etc and caught sounds and a pic of an orb (i know!). I got a call about it but i'm in work and its as much as i know so far. Anyone here this early or have more info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

that wasnt on the gerry ryan show per chance? they had some talk of ghosts this morning.

Not much to go on - sounds and an orb. neither of those are terribly paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Another lady rang in after the one first mentioned.I didn't get full story but from what I heard It goes like this:

She was seeing something in her house (lived here for ten years) a shadow type figure which was grayish, she said it felt like it was a male presence. Felt like it was watching her, following her etc. Anyway she didn't tell her family about this.

She finds her daughter crying one day and asks her what is bothering her. The daughter says she has seen stuff in the house and describes the same thing the lady herself was seeing. So she rings her husband and says we have both seen stuff in the house..... husband says Iv been experiencing this also. He describes same thing both mother and daughter had seen.

They get the priest in and get the house blessed, put up picture of Sacred Heart. And its all fine again.

Thats just short version of story but was interesting. Was another woman on Gerry Ryan Show yesterday too who's little boy had seen a lady with a head scarf. I don't have time to type that up now, maybe someone else heard her story too??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

great to hear this stuff as i dont get to listen in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I only caught the tail end of it after a mate of mine alerted me about it. Gerry was talking to some woman who's on a paranormal team, and then briefly to some lady named Breda, whose house used to be haunted (so they said anyway).

The woman from the paranormal investigation team said the fella who lives in that house in Finglas saw a spirit man standing at the end of his bed one night and that he also managed to capture the image of a ghost on the camcorder. There was talk about disembodied voices present in the house as well - some of which were caught on EVP devices. One of the things 'it' said was, "I am here".

The woman also said that a female team member, who had called to the house as part of their investigations, was followed home by a spirit and into The Shelbourne Hotel when she was at a function there with a friend in mid-February. Apparently herself and the friend were followed by the spirit when they went down to the toilets. They could have flushed the spirit down the toilet! :pac: I don't recall the woman on the radio explaining how they got rid of the spirit, or if they even did send it on its merry way.

There's a podcast of the show here. It's the 23rd of March one under the name 'Helen'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Who the **** is "Dave Sherry". Another "i have done one investigation in Wicklow gaol and now Im a paranormal type investigator & expert?" and whats this about "a ghost followed me home", did an actual paranormal investigator really say that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Ok to reply to your above post,
    I was that lady that was talking on the gerry ryan show. So to clear up a few things that you mentioned there.

he woman from the paranormal investigation team said the fella who lives in that house in Finglas saw a spirit man standing at the end of his bed one night and that he also managed to capture the image of a ghost on the camcorder. /B]
    This was a separate case i was talking about, not the one in finglas.

I have never spoken to anyone from this house so i could not have said that. if you go back over the show as you put the link up you will see that.

The woman also said that a female team member, who had called to the house as part of their investigations, was followed home by a spirit and into The Shelbourne Hotel when she was at a function there with a friend in mid-February. Apparently herself and the friend were followed by the spirit when they went down to the toilets. They could have flushed the spirit down the toilet! I don't recall the woman on the radio explaining how they got rid of the spirit, or if they even did send it on its merry way.
    /B]

Again this is another separate case i was talking about, and this woman is not a team member it was a complete different person i was talking about once again. I never said i had been to the house in the interview, as i have not been, no investigator was followed home, again a different case i was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

Traze wrote: »
    I was that lady that was talking on the gerry ryan show. So to clear up a few things that you mentioned there.

he woman from the paranormal investigation team said the fella who lives in that house in Finglas saw a spirit man standing at the end of his bed one night and that he also managed to capture the image of a ghost on the camcorder. /B]

I have never spoken to anyone from this house so i could not have said that. if you go back over the show as you put the link up you will see that.

The woman also said that a female team member, who had called to the house as part of their investigations, was followed home by a spirit and into The Shelbourne Hotel when she was at a function there with a friend in mid-February. Apparently herself and the friend were followed by the spirit when they went down to the toilets. They could have flushed the spirit down the toilet! I don't recall the woman on the radio explaining how they got rid of the spirit, or if they even did send it on its merry way.
    /B]

Again this is another separate case i was talking about, and this woman is not a team member it was a complete different person i was talking about once again. I never said i had been to the house in the interview, as i have not been, no investigator was followed home, again a different case i was talking about
    did i hear you are going with dave sherry to the house traze .maybe you could keep us posted

who's dave sherry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Is this the guy they where talking about on the show?

http://www.dave-sherry.com/

Ye i am going tomorrow. i know the chaps name is david not sure of his 2nd name, But i will keep ye posted on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

Ye i am going tomorrow. i know the chaps name is david not sure of his 2nd name, But i will keep ye posted on it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Fair enough. I didn't realise that.

As I said on my other post, I only caught the tail end of the whole story and I was also working on something at the same time (hence, my attention was scattered).

Yeah, well, that link I put up actually only features the woman with the 'haunted' house in Finglas, so how the f uck am I going to be able to go over the entire show on that and rectify my terrible mistakes in relating what I thought I heard?

As I said above, I only caught THE END of the entire story, so I obviously missed all those vital details. There's no need to get all jumped up and defensive about it.

I didn't get all the details and all the things in the right context, etc, etc. Life goes on.

Well by the way you where describing the interview, ye would think you listened to the whole show. As you seemed to have alot of details for someone who only tuned in at the last min.

As for using bad language in your post, very mature of you

Talk about the papers taking things out of context

You got your facts wrong at the end of the day. so do not try twist this as me jumping the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Grimes wrote: »
    Who the **** is "Dave Sherry". Another "i have done one investigation in Wicklow gaol and now Im a paranormal type investigator & expert?" and whats this about "a ghost followed me home", did an actual paranormal investigator really say that?

it made me cringe to hear such a thing, and hears the likes of us trying to broaden peoples minds haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

There's a podcast of the show here. It's the 23rd of March one under the name 'Helen'.

Lovely, more orb stories.

What was with the dialup modem noises. They using dialup over in donnybrook? Lol no wonder they lost signal

Just back from this house in finglas, Want to say a big thank you to Ally from PSI for coming all the way down to help me this morning, We had a few tec faults with communication, kept getting cut off, but the interesting thing was when we got cut off the 3rd time our emf that was a base reading of 0.1 flew up to 4.8 and temp dropped also all at the same time as the connection to the radio station going back down to do further investigations to truly see if anything what is happening for this family.

David the presenter is not a ghost hunter as ran called him, but a reporter for the show, he has never done investigations and is not a medium of any kind, Just wanted to fill you in on who this guy was, as some of you seemed interested in knowing who he was.
    The family seem to be a very close nit family, very friendly and open. So i think for them what is happening to them is real in there eyes, we just have to help them in assuring them in any way that we can give them a reasonable and rational explanation as to what is or is not happening in there home.

Hi Traze,

Listened in it was very good. To be honest however I think the loss of signal was planned for the preformance, having worked on radio and done radio ghost shows with 104 I think it made for very good radio. (also the dialup noises??).

Seemed like an interesting location however.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

To be honest however I think the loss of signal was planned for the preformance, having worked on radio and done radio ghost shows with 104 I think it made for very good radio. (also the dialup noises??).

Gerry Ryan up to his old tricks again??

fryup wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan up to his old tricks again??

Suprisingly there were less sexual inuendos than usual :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dont take this the wrong way, but has there ever been proof or near proof than Paranormal ativity actual happens on this earth, Now im not bashing because personaly i couldn't 100% say there isn't although i belive there is not, What makes people belive so strongly there is, and as i say im not bashing because it does intrest me but there just seems to be hole's or everyday explaination's in most stories,

dont take this the wrong way, but has there ever been proof or near proof than Paranormal ativity actual happens on this earth, Now im not bashing because personaly i couldn't 100% say there isn't although i belive there is not, What makes people belive so strongly there is, and as i say im not bashing because it does intrest me but there just seems to be hole's or everyday explaination's in most stories,

ORBS! but in reality no there has been no proof in the history of paranormal investigation that ghosts exist. But its fun to have a look.

Hi Traze,

Listened in it was very good. To be honest however I think the loss of signal was planned for the preformance, having worked on radio and done radio ghost shows with 104 I think it made for very good radio. (also the dialup noises??).

Seemed like an interesting location however.

Thanks Graham,
    yes it was a bit of a coincidence with the dial up, but i can say it was no part of david the interviewer who was with us as he was standing right beside me,
    As for at the other side people messing about for entertainment value, well we can only speculate that.
    But as i said above we got some interesting readings that warrant further investigating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

6th wrote: »
    ok so not to be confused with the case in Cork this is a woman in Finglas on the radio today. Claiming to be followed by activity. Her son set up a camera etc and caught sounds and a pic of an orb (i know!)

Probably her youngfella stashing drugs in the attic.

I've been asked to go check this out tonight along with some og my fellow PIGs. We've already done a number og homes in Dublin so far this year so the fact this one is getting so much attention doesnt have alarm bells ringing for me personally.

Will post again later when i get home.

Hi Mark, ye helen the owner of the house rang me and told me you where going up, the star news paper will also be there with a medium, so let me know how you get on

Yeah I know the reporter, he's sound and has a genuine interest in the area. Not sure if the medium in question whats to be named but I put Kevin (reporter) on to him because, again, he's a genuine bloke who's opinion I trust.

Getting picked up by the handsome Grimes in about 30mins :D

Great stuff, keep me posted as to how you get on, as she wants us to go back down as well, so would be useful to see if you guys get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Are spirits more active at night time?? And how much does the temperature drop by during paranormal activity??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Hi all, it really cheeses me off the way the great G Ryan makes little of anything of a paranormal nature, be it of a 'ghostly' nature, tarot or healings...does he not realise some of us out there are really interested in these things...honestly sometimes he cant see further than his...yeah well you know..

anyhow little rant over what I would like to ask is something the female investigator mentioned (sorry cant remember her name)...she said there has been an increase in paranormal activity with the increase in earthquake activity...is this true and if so why would that be???

Advertisement