Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Cooking Club Week 12: Lamb Tagine with Lemon Couscous

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Cooked this last night, it was yummy, I will post pic later.

IMG_2194_x1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Looks great Galadriel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It was lovely, another dish I'll be doing again. Thanks foodaholic.

DSC_1832.jpg

Mr Magnolia looks like you have enough there to feed an army. Love your coffee machine by the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Made the tagine tonight with a few alterations: I left it braise there for about 4 hours to get it to the right consistency (I had a good litre of nice lamb stock in). I also added about 3 times the honey (tomatoes probably very tart) and some cayenne pepper because it wasn't balancing out right... it's absolutely spot on now. Tastes beautiful.

Going to have it with the cous cous, yoghurt + mint (have a nice big 'mojito' bush beside the door) tomorrow but I already know if I put this on a slice of stale bread it'd be gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Had this last night and enough left over to freeze for a quick but decadent supper in the future. That was the first time I made couscous - so bloody easy isn't it?!

This kind of food is right up my alley but it was really good - one of the best so far imo. Will defo be making it again.

wIBfR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

This was on the menu last night in our house. It didn't thicken quite as much as the pictures above show, but that juice just soaked into the couscous and it was great anyway. :p Nice one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Onto the final 30 mins, not sure how much it will thicken, but it smells good so far. Took the photo about an hour ago.

tangine1.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I made this at the weekend and it was lovely. Unfortunately, I was extremely pushed for time though. If I was doing it again, I'd let it cook and thicken for a bit longer, as it was a bit runny. I also put in a little bit too much honey I think. But overall it was delicious, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

lambtangine.jpg

Really enjoyed this, thanks, foodaholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Finally got around to trying this this evening - I made it with chicken since i'm not a big red meat fan and it was so tasty, will definitely be on the menu from now on!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I am converted! :D

i tried this for dinner - just finished a few mins ago - it is delicious. i served it with a crusty bread and tzakiki dip.

im always looking for meals i can cook in bulk and freeze, so im adding this one to the list for the lazy days after work when you just want an instant meal.

many thanks OP for the great recepie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I made this but it was way too tomato-y and lemon was over powering. What have I done wrong? Maybe I just dont like tagine!:o

Well some lemons have more juice than others and can be tarter. I always add half the amount in a recipe and then taste and keep adding until it tastes right. What consisitancy was your sauce ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

foodaholic wrote: »
    Well some lemons have more juice than others and can be tarter. I always add half the amount in a recipe and then taste and keep adding until it tastes right. What consisitancy was your sauce ?
    Yes it was quite a big lemon and very juicy - I never thought of tasting it as i added!
    The sauce was thick, not watery at all - I reckon that made a more concentrated tomato taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Schtoom

This was YUM! Thanks foodaholic :-)
    Funny how you can't taste the honey as a separate thing but adding it makes all the difference. I used some fancy barley cous cous I brought back from a trip to England and the whole thing was delicious. Am now stuffed and happy :-D

Its filling alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Hennybug wrote: »
    Finally got around to trying this this evening - I made it with chicken since i'm not a big red meat fan and it was so tasty, will definitely be on the menu from now on!

How long did you do it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Schtoom

Made this again tonight - still great! :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks Schtoom glad you like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

I made this last nite after finding the recipe, substituing the lamb with chicken. The smell in the kitchen all day had me starving, it was aromatic and full of flavour, the tastiest thing I've had in ages! Think I over did the honey, it was a little sweet. Definitley one I'll be trying again, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Finally got around to making this last night and it was really nice.

dsc0427x.jpg

I'd forgotten to buy veg to have with it so I just threw in some frozen peas for the last 5-10 mins. I also forgot to add the Greek Yoghurt at the end but it was still lovely.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Finally got around to making this last night and it was really nice.

dsc0427x.jpg

I'd forgotten to buy veg to have with it so I just threw in some frozen peas for the last 5-10 mins. I also forgot to add the Greek Yoghurt at the end but it was still lovely.

It looks lovely BaZmO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

We made it yesterday (for the third time). Great recipe. I think we included all the spices exactly as stated in the recipe this time. We used fresh parsley as we had in in the garden and we had no fres coriander.

Overall, still a big thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Thanks Foodaholic for this post. Great dish, I added some Madjoole dates for the last 20 minutes of cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, I'm going to cook this tomorrow (friday) and leave overnight. Looking forward to it already! :)

4 adults and 5 kids so I'm going x1.5 with everything. Will that be ok?

We have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, I'm going to cook this tomorrow (friday) and leave overnight. Looking forward to it already! :)

4 adults and 5 kids so I'm going x1.5 with everything. Will that be ok?

Sorry only seeing this post now, how did you get on ?

I made this again tonight, it was yummy, plus I have plenty leftover for lunch/dinner tomorrow!

PUSH598d9e5c59a0.jpg

(website I use to resize image is down!)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I experimented with the slow cooker for this recipe again and it was gorgeous. Because it was just the two of us, I halved the recipe, and put the cooker on high for 3.5 hrs.

Melted in the mouth and the flavours were a lovely blend from being mixed overnight and then put into the slow cooker for a few hours.

Advertisement