Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfield

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The Barron wrote: »
    Where are the MODS, this post has gone totally off the topic and has ended up as a racist slur on people living in different parts in Cork City.
    There is not a Parish in this City or County that does not have anti social behaviour.
    A lot of these posters should read the court cases in the Evening Echo each night and see the addresses that are used.
    Get away from your laptops and look outside your own door.
    Better still where were your children tonight?
    I’ve worked in all these places (and others not mentioned) and yes there is anti social behaviour going on allover the place but there are plenty of genuine people living in these places also.
    So please give them the credit they deserve.

It's only peoples opinions, most of it wasn't aimed directly at people so I don't see what the problem is.

People whom I've known who lived in Mayfield can admit that there is some places that are a no go area for most!

No one said that genuine people didn't live there either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

M&S* wrote: »
    It's only peoples opinions, most of it wasn't aimed directly at people so I don't see what the problem is.

People whom I've known who lived in Mayfield can admit that there is some places that are a no go area for most!

No one said that genuine people didn't live there either!

That’s all I was doing was standing up for these genuine people who live in these places
    Like or not, anti social behaviour is a part of life and a lot of the parents of these (anti social) children were good and honest people but society today has let them down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The Barron wrote: »
    That’s all I was doing was standing up for these genuine people who live in these places.
    Like or not, anti social behaviour is a part of life and a lot of the parents of these (anti social) children were good and honest people but society today has let them down.

Firstly you don't need to type in over-sized letters......its really annoying to have to read. The guy/gal asked about Mayfield and people gave their opinions. Theres lovely people in every inch of this world but there is no denying that quite a portion of Mayfield has a very bad reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Dudess wrote: »
    A bunch of little scuts engaging in anti social behaviour, which while unpleasant, is not absolutely devastating, does not make an entire area "rough".

i could say the same about knocknahenny tbh.i could name the 3 rough parts of the place and the rest are pretty fine. i've always felt grand in knocknahenny and i dont even live there,i'm from hollyhill which is nearby.tbh i think douglas is one of the roughest parts of the city now especially from a so called respectable area. Wost still douglas is full of these want to be scumbags, worst than actual scumbags imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Most of Douglas is fine but there are parts of it I wouldn't go near at night. But you could prob say that about most areas in Cork. Theres lots of teenagers here with nothing to do but they only think they are hardmen rather than actually being hardmen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Douglas may be a lot of things, but "rough" most certainly is not one of them.

smurgen wrote: »
    i could say the same about knocknahenny tbh.i could name the 3 rough parts of the place and the rest are pretty fine. i've always felt grand in knocknahenny and i dont even live there,i'm from hollyhill which is nearby.tbh i think douglas is one of the roughest parts of the city now especially from a so called respectable area. Wost still douglas is full of these want to be scumbags, worst than actual scumbags imo

:) Not wanting to offend but many folk (southsiders admittedly) would honestly think that Hollyhill is a part of Knocknaheeney.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Douglas may be a lot of things, but "rough" most certainly is not one of them.

+ 1, if you think any part of Douglas is genuinely rough you honestly don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

RoverJames wrote: »
    :) Not wanting to offend but many folk (southsiders admittedly) would honestly think that Hollyhill is a part of Knocknaheeney.

+ 1, if you think any part of Douglas is genuinely rough you honestly don't have a clue.

+1 All suburbs in Cork have a certain amount of anti social behaviour it's just that a lot of places on the Northside have the reputation for longer but tbh places like Douglas are just as bad now. There are good and bad areas of every suberb in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I've lived in Douglas most of my life. There is anti social behaviour here but overall I wouldn't call the place rough. The worst thing I can remember happening was a guy getting stabbed in my estate a few years back, I don't know in what circumstances though.

I've lived in Douglas most of my life. There is anti social behaviour here but overall I wouldn't call the place rough. The worst thing I can remember happening was a guy getting stabbed in my estate a few years back, I don't know in what circumstances though.

Exactly my point - this happened in Douglas, one of the so called "good areas" - i don't ever in my 25 years living in Mayfield recall something like that happening - that doesn't mean it didn't happen of course but it just proves there are scumbags everywhere!

• Advertisement

In all fairness I would imagine folks are stabbed in Mayfield occassionally and most definitely people from Mayfield have stabbed people.

RoverJames wrote: »
    In all fairness I would imagine folks are stabbed in Mayfield occassionally and most definitely people from Mayfield have stabbed people.

Yes i think you'll find that i said that in my last post - i'm sure it has happened but i don't recall hearing anything about it! Em no haven't been stabbed....thank GOD:D

Sorry misunderstood your post there! Never mind!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Douglas is only full of young people who grow out of it... Not really bad atall!

Don't see why that was brought into things either..

Most scumbags grow out of it too to some extent, many of the notorious joyriders of the 80s and early 90s are now responsible working men with families etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WHL

Mayfield is a massive council estate that is constantly incorporating new growing families.

Mayfield is not a massive council estate. There is a large council estate that is in Mayfield but that is not the same thing. There is a huge part of Mayfield that is outside the council estate, e.g. Iona Park, Murmont, Inishowen, Silverheights, Lotabeg etc. I was brought up there and never felt threatened. Also lived in Douglas and never felt threatened there either - it just has much better facilities than other places. Just my tuppence worth

WHL wrote: »
    Mayfield is not a massive council estate. There is a large council estate that is in Mayfield but that is not the same thing. There is a huge part of Mayfield that is outside the council estate, e.g. Iona Park, Murmont, Inishowen, Silverheights, Lotabeg etc. I was brought up there and never felt threatened. Also lived in Douglas and never felt threatened there either - it just has much better facilities than other places. Just my tuppence worth

Very true, I missed the Mayfield is a massive council estate, whoever wrote that would want a slap of reality. Obviously they couldn't be familiar with Mayfield coming out with comments like that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

If you have a problem with posts then report them.
    Dont go running around in a 4-5 page thread screaming "wheres the mods???"

Nothing good can come out of this thread being left open.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement