Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something, LIVING, Has moved into my sofa!!!

Options
  • 19-03-2010 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I kidd you not, something has got into my sofa and made it it's Home! FFS LMAO Here's thw story...

Sat watchin tv, whole sofa becomes free, very rare in our house hold, so I sprawled out, arms behind my head when I feel something poke me in the side. Taught nothing of it, continued watchin telly when I feel it again but this time the noise of one of the springs bunging which really got my attention and I lay still to see if it went again when I get a major push into my side to which I leaped from d bloody sofa lmao at it now but it frightened d ****e out of me!!!
    So further investigation to what it could be by feeling around where I was poked to be pushed back, feeling back even harder to get to grips with size an what have you to discover it's darn bloody big across a descent area and quite strong too. So, what the hell is it, we don't keep pets, no mice or rats that we know of. To me it feels like a poxy SNAKE FFS! Could it be thought??? A bloody snake or a nest of rats or mice. What ever it is I haven't the foggyiest what to do. There was a hole in the bottom of the couch that a mouse, snake What Ever could have got in so I cut a bigger one to try see in but can't see diddley squat because it's in the Back Rest part in with all the soft stuff.
    What t do what t do...??? Any suggestions...?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Oh scary! I guess cut a bigger hole and look in with a torch? Then if it's a snake or some other type of domestic pet, then call the ISPCA or someone? If it's a rat or mouse, I dunno . . .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Did you recently buy the sofa off someone?Or just moved into the house?

Cant see how something could get into the sofa unless it either was in the sofa when you bought it or it was in the house when you moved in.

It could be a snake--I lost one of mine and found it 6 months later in some furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I guess if it was mice or rats you'd see droppings around, they are small but you should find something.
    Sounds big for mice or rats though, are you in appartment? or flats?
    Any neighbours keep snakes?
    I would second the torch idea, try poking(gently) inside through the whole and see if you disturb something.(I'd take the sofa outside to do this,just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

get a few bottels of hot water wrap them in a tea towl and lay them the lenght of the sofa if it is a snake it will head to the heat (that might be what it was doing when it poked you) dont try to take it out your self as you dont know what type it is call the dspca

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

get a few bottels of hot water wrap them in a tea towl and lay them the lenght of the sofa if it is a snake it will head to the heat (that might be what it was doing when it poked you) dont try to take it out your self as you dont know what type it is call the dspca

Not sure I`d trust the dspca in a situation like this.
    Maybe Ben in reptile haven???I know he`s done things like this before for people who have problem animals.

• Advertisement

mymo wrote: »
    I would second the torch idea, try poking(gently) inside through the whole and see if you disturb something.(I'd take the sofa outside to do this,just in case)

I wouldnt take it outside--you need to contain whatever it is especialy if it is a large and possibly dangerous snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Rats or mice would not push back, so i'd rule them out.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Rats or mice would not push back, so i'd rule them out.
    plus they tend to smell ,

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Not sure I`d trust the dspca in a situation like this.
    Maybe Ben in reptile haven???I know he`s done things like this before for people who have problem animals.
    Ben would be handy if he is free (afaik there is one guy in the dspca that is ok when it comes to reptiles ) either was the sofa is more than likley going to have to be opened up if it cant be tempted out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OP please keep updating with what is happening. This is very interesting.

Hellrazer - how long was your snake missing for? Was it ok when you found it?

I've heard of people loosing a snake and it turing up months later in the attic or in guttering. A fella I know found his in the front garden on st patricks day a few years ago. :D

• Advertisement

Cmon OP wakey wakey--going mad for an update on this.

Hellrazer - how long was your snake missing for? Was it ok when you found it?

It was missing for 6 months.Went missing in October 2008.Gave up looking for it and I was cleaning out the garage the following April.Moved a sofa out of the way and the snake came out of the back of it--looking healthy as anthing.I reckon it was feeding on rodents for the winter.Either that or it went into brumation but they usually come out of brumation looking skinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

OK just checked and it's not April 1st - although i did notice that you posted at 4am - so can we rule out any alcoholic involvement :D

So barring that in mind, I might be a bit carefull if i was you, whether it be mice, rats or snake could all cause problems, could you call the council and ask them if they could come round?

PaulB91 wrote: »
    OK just checked and it's not April 1st - although i did notice that you posted at 4am - so can we rule out any alcoholic involvement :D

So barring that in mind, I might be a bit carefull if i was you, whether it be mice, rats or snake could all cause problems, could you call the council and ask them if they could come round?

Dont think the council would be the right people for this job in all fairness.

Rats and mice maybe but not if it is a snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I had a friend whos pet rat lived in there sofa.

I hope for your sake it aint the unliving that moved into your sofa.;)

let us know what you find.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Dont think the council would be the right people for this job in all fairness.

Rats and mice maybe but not if it is a snake.

cool - just know that if you have rats in the UK your supposed to inform the council - not sure if that's the case over here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Our snake went missing one time and we found it a year later in the neighbours front garden.

Interested in seeing what this is...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

:eek::eek::eek:

OMG!! Cant wait to find out what it is!!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jkrowling

dying to find out what this is, so intriguing and disturbing at the same time - love it ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

One of good reasons I move to Ireland was the banning of snakes by St. Patrick. :D Creepy creatures! If this was snake, I'd blame globalisation! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Damn snakes... coming over here stealing our women and our jobs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

:eek:Maybe the OP is DEAD

I for one welcome our new Couch living OP eating Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Is it a badger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It could be a Beaver .

Wheres your Misses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I can see the headline in The Sun already;

"Poltergeist Living In My Sofa" or more likely "Poltergeist Living In My Sofa Hell"

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

Wow some crazy interset in this ha ha lmao. Sorry all was out cold most d day Up All night waitin to see if what ever it is came out. No Joy though. I read up on what to do if it's a snake and put a hot water bottle out with boiled water to see if it would attrack it out but so far nothing and can't really feel anything moving around now. Room's been sealed up all day and a good check about showed up nothing. Could it be a mouse or rat had little uns in there, they'd be attracted to heat too no? Still it seems too large of an area and bit too strong to be tinny mice r rats. Living in the house 5 years, not 1 pet has crossed the door ever, got the sofa about 3 years back off a friend but I think at this stage we'd have noticed something or even felt it at least. I kept snakes for a while myself back in the late 90's and lost one too, it turned up in the neighbours 3 doors down in her hot press. Not too sure if any of the neighbours here keep them, it's a pritty mixed race around me, Africa to the left and right of me and Indians 2 doors down, ****e thinking of it there's only 4 Irish families on our road and there's 15 altogehter. Not that that's a problem, I'm thinking if it is a snake what the bloody hell type it could be ffs, if it is a snake that is and if it is I sure as hell ain't poking not fingers or hands no where that's for sure lmao :eek: Goin back in now to feel around and see if there's anything happening...

sniff the sofa if it's a rodent you will more than likley smell it , leave out some bread /people food to see if any thing eats it ;)

sniff the sofa if it's a rodent you will more than likley smell it , leave out some bread /people food to see if any thing eats it ;)

oh no - not people as food !!

:D

Staunchy--Keep us informed.

Im actually hoping it is a snake and not a little tiny mouse :)

Would make the thread a whole lot more interesting--especially if you have to get the thing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cant wait to see what you pull out of the sofa!

Advertisement