Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commodore 64

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I loved CJ's elephant antics.

Turbulance hits the plane...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

old_aussie wrote: »
    Yes, I did and I've still got it. Huge half meg ram and all the accessories.

thats an amiga.

the c64 had well, 64 k of ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

thats an amiga.

the c64 had well, 64 k of ram.

... with 38k free.

But that should be enough for anyone , as Bill Gates might have said at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

lol, one of my aul mans mates apparantely 'made' games and he used to bring them over on this massive floppy disk
    (wtf is a floppy disk)
    There was this soccer one where your opponent would run towars you and just stand there, you could kick the ball at him a million times and he wouldnt move then run around him into the goal. Then the crowd cheering was the static sound you used to get off a TV. I spent days playing it all the same

But I had a Terminator 2 cartridge which may still be the best game I have ever played. There was one fight where Arnie was fighting the t-1000 where all you had to do was beat him into a corner and push the joystick topright and hit auto-fire. He would then headbuut him 100 times a minute and batter him. Jesus I loved the commodore...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

lol, one of my aul mans mates apparantely 'made' games and he used to bring them over on this massive floppy disk
    (wtf is a floppy disk)
    There was this soccer one where your opponent would run towars you and just stand there, you could kick the ball at him a million times and he wouldnt move then run around him into the goal. Then the crowd cheering was the static sound you used to get off a TV. I spent days playing it all the same

But I had a Terminator 2 cartridge which may still be the best game I have ever played. There was one fight where Arnie was fighting the t-1000 where all you had to do was beat him into a corner and push the joystick topright and hit auto-fire. He would then headbuut him 100 times a minute and batter him. Jesus I loved the commodore...

I had the cassette version of the T2 game, which was less fun..."rewind tape to the beginning of side 2and press play" every time you got killed. Lost your momentum a bit, but the flashy colours were great...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

xyz1 wrote: »
    Bloody commodore kids,

Amstrad CPC 464 FTW!

haha, dunno about other places but in my school the rivalry between Amstrad464 & 6128 and Commodore kids was fierce , often leading to violence!

But yeah , think the C64 would have beaten the 464 but defo not the Amstrad 6128.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bently

My First one (sigh) was a Spectrum ZX.........Oh the nostalgia is nearly painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Those arent C64 screens.

I was obessed with Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on this. Awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Had several C64's and C128's for years, loved them. Used them regularly from 1991 to about 1999 - late, I know! Switched to x86 pc's after that. Bit by bit, I sold everything, even up to three years ago when I found some boxed disc games that sold enough to buy me a nice new tower case :)

Succumbed to nostalgia in September/October of last year and bought a C128, 1084 monitor and two 1541-II disc drives. It's set up next to two gaming pc's looking completely out of place! Been playing Lemmings on it recently - amazed that they got all one hundred lemmings on the screen, considering the C64's eight sprites on screen limitation - I believe the NES could only display fifteen of them, and the Spectrum something like twenty. Amazing what can be done with 64K of RAM and a processor that runs below 1MHz.

DSCF3841.jpg

I've ordered a 1541 Ultimate II, so that'll remove the need to transfer everything across via the XM1541 parallel cable, which is slow and unreliable, but I'd still love to own one of those old cartridges with International Soccer, Flimbo's Quest, Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O' Fun and Klax. My sisters and I played those games for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

You lucky people. My first was the vic 20. Remember that eh? A year earlier than the 64. My watch had mor ram. Lol

http://oldcomputers.net/vic20.html:D

me too, remember the RF Modulator (the box between vic20 and TV) went a couple of times and had to be replaced. Also remember the first time I managed to get it to successfully read a program off a tape played on an old tape recorder.......joy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Azhrei wrote: »

DSCF3841.jpg

It's like the room that never grew up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but my fave Commodore 64 game was Zak MCcraken I don't think I ever got to complete it but used to love that game.
    I wonder will they bring out a new version if they do hopefully they won't change it just update the graphics or mabey not even.

Winter Olympics was another one but didn't like it much, we didn't have many games to choose from though.

Check out this link to an intro. to the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OspGbCi2ve8

There was another game but can't remember the name of it, think it involved robots.

It took sooooo long to load though and made that clicking noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

bonerm wrote: »
    It's like the room that never grew up.

You should meet me, never mind the room.

Advertisement