Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which satellite system to install in Motorhome

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an oldish thread, but I was wondering how much (roughly) the dome systems cost including installation...
    Even just a ballpark figure....
    aidan mm on here does them www.pathoranmotors.com
    also aertec were doing a special,supply & fit 1,500 http://www.aertec.net/gpage2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Leisure Technical Solutions in Dromore, NI install the Camos Dome as well. They have a winter promo, standard install only of dome @ £1179, will run that to end of RDS holiday show on the 3oth January.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

meercat wrote: »
    aidan mm on here does them www.pathoranmotors.com
    also aertec were doing a special,supply & fit 1,500 http://www.aertec.net/gpage2.html

We got two fitted on different MHomes.over the years from Aertec.(LiamO'Brien) 01/6219881 they are in Trim Co. Meath.
    He even gave us a loan of a Mercedes for a few days while we were getting the last one fitted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Just to say (looking back over old posts) that I did crack it in the end, one point that I'd missed is that where is says the dish should be vertical or whatevever, that I used to interpret that as the arm that sticks out at the front, whereas it does really mean the metal dish.

Other than that I pop the telly out by the front window of the caravan so I can see if the picture pops up, and trial and error away until I get it (when you've done it a few times and know if works its a lot less annoying than when you thought it would never work). Other thing I've done is found an old clothes airer pole (basically a hollow metal bar) clamped it where the jockey wheel goes, and you instantly get elevation to avoid obstacles and people crashing into the dish, and also easier adjustment.

So the Lidl jobby works the finest once you stick at it and get it going a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Betsy Og wrote: »
    Just to say (looking back over old posts) that I did crack it in the end, one point that I'd missed is that where is says the dish should be vertical or whatevever, that I used to interpret that as the arm that sticks out at the front, whereas it does really mean the metal dish.

Other than that I pop the telly out by the front window of the caravan so I can see if the picture pops up, and trial and error away until I get it (when you've done it a few times and know if works its a lot less annoying than when you thought it would never work). Other thing I've done is found an old clothes airer pole (basically a hollow metal bar) clamped it where the jockey wheel goes, and you instantly get elevation to avoid obstacles and people crashing into the dish, and also easier adjustment.

So the Lidl jobby works the finest once you stick at it and get it going a couple of times.

Betsy I have the lidl one aswell.
    There's a much easier method than bringing the tv outside. Just bring the decoder out, press info on the remote and the signal strength is displayed on the front panel of the decoder. I even used thus method recently to stick a free to air dish on the side of the house. The lidl decoder is so small it is dead handy to climb up on the roof with I!!
    Marty.

• Advertisement

Hi Marty,

I dont have to disconnect the telly or bring it out of the caravan, just move it a little so I can see if I've gotten a lock on (with the new pole system I mightnt have to even move, just angle it out towards the front).

Have to say I dont find the strength of signal thing any good, thats the one tricky thing about looking for the satellite, I seem to get zero notice that I'm close, it either appears perfectly or zilch. After getting it a few times its quick enough after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Betsy , you don't twist the dish around like as if it was an ordinary tv aerial , I got caught out with that in the early days! rather , you twist a bit , and stop , give it a few seconds and go again . The signal doesn't seem to register instantly on the display .

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Betsy , you don't twist the dish around like as if it was an ordinary tv aerial , I got caught out with that in the early days! rather , you twist a bit , and stop , give it a few seconds and go again . The signal doesn't seem to register instantly on the display .

Thanks, yeah I'd copped that. Once you get used to it and you've a fair idea of the arcs to check and it doesnt take too long. Whereas shunt an inch, wait, shunt another bit - when you're miles off the target it can be frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lob

The Camos dome is now available from €999 excluding fitting from Aertec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Good price Liam .

• Advertisement
Advertisement