Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peugeot 501 frame from 1988

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Sorry, just saw the coke bidon. As a child of the VERY late 80's i wasn't sure what i was looking at...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

abcdggs wrote: »
    Sorry, just saw the coke bidon. As a child of the VERY late 80's i wasn't sure what i was looking at...

As a teenager of the 80s, this is what I remember - check out the Coke bottles!
    4460968816_872c455c16_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Correct size!!! Bid or BIN for €3.50 p+p €4

Ok, it took a lot longer than anticipated, due to having to finish off a house, and not being top of my priorities :D

IMG_8214-ps.jpg

IMG_8216-ps-1.jpg

IMG_8218-ps-1.jpg

IMG_8219-ps-1.jpg

The specs changed a little from what was originally anticipated.
    I have gone for a Sora 8speed triple drivedrain, with my 'original' 105 calipers. Pedals are speedplay x5s, and the only expensive part was the new Rolls.
    Also, I ditched the steel forks, and went for a nice shiny aluminium model to keep away from threaded headsets and quill stems - and also for aesthetics!
    The final touchs were the Coke bidons.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Nice Job mate, makes me regret selling my 531 last year now:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

Very nice job, well done :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Absolutely beautiful. My vote for bike of the year so far.
    Love the shot from behind! The Rolls was a super saddle, especially that hint of gold and the red coke bidons are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

very nice!

makes me want to do something similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

Superb gman. I'm working on a classic Raleigh 531 at the moment - the paint is the only blemish that remains now. I would be interested in having it repainted if I could be sure a quality job would result but I haven't been able to find anyone I'd have confidence in doing the right job. Who did your respray - it's really fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Very nice build gman2k. Love the modern/retro look about it,a perfect blend.

• Advertisement

karlmyson wrote: »
    .... Who did your respray....
    The finish was by a local car sprayer, but he wouldn't do it again, he never knew how much work is involved - especially with three colours and lacquer....
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Very Nice build .Bike looks great well done

gman2k wrote: »
    The finish was by a local car sprayer, but he wouldn't do it again, he never knew how much work is involved - especially with three colours and lacquer....
    Cheers

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I found out yesterday that the guy who sprayed my frame is on long term leave from work due to serious illness.

But, his son (who is a sprayer also), would be interested perhaps in doing an occasional bit of spraying - if you were in no mad hurry - when his main work is at a lull so to speak.

Advertisement