Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike built - frame decision

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 31,048 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam wrote: »
    Cinelli Dinamo

Cheaper from Slane. Geometry chart is hard to track down. Don't really see the point of a sportive geometry frame for a pure race bike, but it is pretty.

Cinelli site says:

Weight (frame/fork): 3.15lb/.88lb (1430g/490g) - size medium. Does not compute. .88lb is more like 400g.

Still, not bad for sub-€600.

edit: this Scott is about 500g lighter, and almost within budget. Light, pretty, cheap: pick two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

This looks pretty ace, I was very nearly tempted by this meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Raam wrote: »

there was a review of that bike in the first cycle active thought it looked terrible, each to their own i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

There's a group buy on Pedal force for their new frame. Looks tempting $549 + $130 (frame) + $56 (shipping) + customs = €540 + customs. However it's a new frame with no reviews and the bottom bracket is a BB30 which would require SRAM Force. ummm.

There are two other frames on Ebay UK which look interesting. One and two. Another boardsie is building a frame with one, but I'd must mail the seller to get the geometry. The 52 might be too big. I wouldn't want anything bigger than my current bike

I also had a rush of common sense and am also now considering getting the groupset first and putting that on my Trek first and buying the frame a month or two down the line if I still think I deserve a new frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,048 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Diarmuid wrote: »
    There's a group buy on Pedal force for their new frame. Looks tempting $549 + $130 (frame) + $56 (shipping) + customs = €540 + customs. However it's a new frame with no reviews

Looks great, nice clean design.
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    the bottom bracket is a BB30 which would require SRAM Force.

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Lumen wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?
    Actually you can get an adaptor, my bad.

Advertisement