Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show 13th March

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Paddy Courtney was atrocious. I remember seeing him doing that awful routine about the Gaeltacht a full decade ago. For serious - I was in primary school at the time and I'm in my final f**kin' year of college now. It was on 'The Lounge', that Deirdre O'Kane hosted comedy show from way back when.

Granted it's acceptable for comedians to re-use their material, but this is taking the term 'money for old rope' to a whole new level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fading, but Duddy is fighting in half an hour so hopefully that will keep me awake.
    Steve01 wrote: »
    Granted it's acceptable for comedians to re-use their material, but this is taking the term 'money for old rope' to a whole new level.
    Same with the "joke" about how he left being an accountant so that he could get laid. He's the poorest Irish comedian I've seen on TV. Cant believe he gets gigs to be honest.. Jerry Springer would be better as a singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

bazmaiden wrote: »
    jesus you scared me

sorry,thought you were beginning to nod off there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Alright still here just a little less sober, just been posting cheesy 80's vids in AH.

So jonathonanon what guitar do you play?

And Steve01 you are correct that guy is about as funny as maeve higgins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Paddy Courtney.

nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg?w=500&h=441

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Paddy Courtney.

nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg?w=500&h=441

Ya know what man, I've only been on boards for a few months but you are by far the funniest poster, you are the master of the pun/putdown good sir and for that I salute you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads....are ye all gay or wha?...you must be if you wouldn't throw one into brunker.

Personally I like big titties and she's right up my street. mmm...tities.

So jonathonanon what guitar do you play?

I've a jackson JDR 94, and was playing a yamaha pacifica until I mistreated it and broke it.. And my acoustic has more action than Amanda Brunker .. so I dont play it much..

Learning how to play it with my teeth at the moment...

Ya know what man, I've only been on boards for a few months but you are by far the funniest poster, you are the master of the pun/putdown good sir and for that I salute you

Just doin' it to stay out of trouble. ;)

fred funk wrote: »
    Lads....are ye all gay or wha?...you must be if you wouldn't throw one into brunker.

Personally I like big titties and she's right up my street. mmm...tities.

I didn't comment on her apperance cos I tell you bro I'd be all over her like a fat kid on a *insert savoury item here, but you have to admit she is a little bit annoying
    I've a jackson JDR 94, and was playing a yamaha pacifica until I mistreated it and broke it..

Nice man I've got a esp kh2, Epiphone SG, Jackson js30, epiphone thunderbird and 2 crappy little acoustics

• Advertisement

I didn't comment on her apperance cos I tell you bro I'd be all over her like a fat kid on a *insert savoury item here, but you have to admit she is a little bit annoying

I hear ye pal and yes I do agree, she is annoying but she has a serious body.

Nice man I've got a esp kh2, Epiphone SG, Jackson js30, epiphone thunderbird and 2 crappy little acoustics
    I try not to spend too much on guitars, cos I wreck them gigging in sh1tty pubs. I used to think Kirk Hammett played Jackson. Think of my disappointment when I saw a close of the ESP on his guitar. :-(
    Lads....are ye all gay or wha?...you must be if you wouldn't throw one into brunker. Personally I like big titties and she's right up my street. mmm...tities.

Ah jaysus, tits or no tits, I CANNOT stand her.

Jesus just went onto her website... huge juggs!! But i don't think she's aged too well

Whats the bets that next week they will have those two women fighting over that estate agent on

Jesus just went onto her website... huge juggs!!

On the front page of her website...

brunker.jpg

This the woman who expects us to take her serious as a ..... wait ... Novelist !!
    Amanda, you had your day with your baps, now get in the f*kn closet with the rest of the has beens. And leave the space on telly for women who have a brain..

And leave the space on telly for women who have a brain..

I believe I can see her brain in that pic... both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,202 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hey, we've all come to terms with that.. I've have a new game now.. It's called "Am I in fact sadder than the current guest".. I'm winning 3-1 at this stage, I think only Jerry is less sad than me.

Paddy Courtney is an unfunny, crude pr1ck. All the same jokes he did the last time he was on TV as well.

As the great Bernard Manning would say, "Paddy, you're as about as funny as a burning orphanage."

And yes, saw him before and the same ****ing "jokes" he was telling.
    Like that other unfunny twat PJ Gallagher.

This show needs to be axed, it is that freaking bad. Amanda Brunker?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭bossdrum

O'Connor is a sickening bore & misses opportunities to delve further into the guests comments.
    It's like he's on autopilot and is just waiting for the next cue card to tell him what to say.

He mentioned fighting midgets three times and someone should have told Brunker the notes on her hand were plain to see:rolleyes:

The show is the probably an example of the laziest television ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

bossdrum wrote: »
    O'Connor is a sickening bore & misses opportunities to delve further into the guests comments.
    It's like he's on autopilot and is just waiting for the next cue card to tell him what to say.
    Yep, he should stick to writing formulaic nonsense for the Sindo. Out of his depth doesn't even cut it when it comes to a critique of his performance.

bossdrum wrote: »
    O'Connor is a sickening bore & misses opportunities to delve further into the guests comments. It's like he's on autopilot and is just waiting for the next cue card to tell him what to say.

I dunno, he's not perfect certainly. But that question he asked Waters about his ex missus was fairly risque. I like the way that he can come out with anything. Tubridy wouldnt have the balls to ask a question like that. Even though you may remember from one of his promos saying "I like to see where the interview goes. What unexpected roads it will bring us down" (slightly paraphrased) The only place his interview goes is to the next cue card.

I heard Tubridy's interview last week on the radio with Jim Broadbent. Such sycophantic, fawning drivel. I was embarrassed for him. There are ways of showing your admiration for a guest without bending down and let's say kissing his boots. Look up Gaybo, if you dont know how to do it Ryan.

Better than Tubridy, I will say that.
    A touch of personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

amacachi wrote: »
    Paddy Courtney is his name? Christ above, does he make a living from being "funny"? If so, **** this country.

well i taught he was funny, and the majority of the audience were laughing

fryup wrote: »

Are you being funny?

He was terrible and I felt some of the laughs from the guests and the audience were out of respect because they knew they should be laughing.

Are you being funny?
    He was terrible and I felt some of the laughs from the guests and the audience were out of respect because they knew they should be laughing.

That pretty much sums up how I felt. When he realised he wasnt getting any laughs he quickly switched to asking Jerry springer questions to take away from the groans of a poor joke. Very awkward, unfunny, unoriginal. I really dont understand how he gets gigs. At least PJ gallagher is a likable sort of chap. Paddy Courtney is just crude and obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    Are you being funny?

we all have different tastes mate, just because you don't like him doesn't mean i don't like him:cool:

as for being obnoxious and crude, meh taught he was mild compared to other comedians out there

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brunker is a tit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think it's the Saturday night show is better than the late late show. I was going to give Tubridy the benefit of the doubt but he has been pretty bad so far. He seems a little contrived, trying to hard and failing. Not sure if it is by accident or not but I am finding the SNS to be a decent laugh for all it's faults. Although as a poster said here earlier, why did BOC just sit there repeating "kissing grannies and fighting midgets" over and over again, he must have said it 12 times?
    One thing is for sure, the irish z list are not very interesting people.

Was enjoying Saturday night until Paddy Courtney came on, he ruined the buzz altogether, somebody posted that there are "cruder" comics out there....and yes that is correct but they are also funny. If that was the best he can do he f** right off.

Advertisement