Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beavis and Butthead

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

I was reading today that Beavis and Butthead was first aired in March 93, 17 years ago, making me feel quite old.

Due to no My Space and snail pace internet it was a great show to watch two metal head eejits and get to listen to good tunes. It was my introduction to White Zombie, ween and many more.

Any one else got fond memories or did ye think they were two dilholes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ah the mid nineties was great. i loved beavis and butthead and loved watching them laugh at random videos. you can buy them on dvd pretty cheap these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

Brilliant, plus couldnt see videos for primus anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

"Yoohoo! Travis & Bob-Head!" :D Gotta love the film!

I've got all the episodes downloaded - over 4gb. They're so funny, only a few minutes long. I used to love staying up late as a kid and watching the music videos with them talking/ mocking/ uh uhuhuh uh-ing over them. Especially Cher - Turn Back Time :D

God, I miss the 90s. That show was the only decent thing to come out of MTV, (I'm including Daria as part of B&B)

Omg! Just remembered the one where Beavis is using the buzz saw in wood shop and is doing his maniacal laugh/eyes bulging, sawing up everything, chops his thumb off, freaks out, Butthead laughing at him, teacher can't ring the ambulance or do anything cos they buzz sawed the phone and medical box in half! :D PMSL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

"Oh, there are so many schlots, you won't know where to begin."

Haha, gotta love it. I was still only a nipper when it was originally airing, but I remember staying up many a night to watch it on MTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

'couch fishing' seemed to be air every second day for a long while.

I loved the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

B&B Rule!! The best thing MTV ever did, course MTV doesnt do music videos annymore, just spolied kids throwing a strop when they don't get a $500,000 car for their 16th.

anyway, B&B were/are class - huh huh uh huh huh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    ah the mid nineties was great. i loved beavis and butthead and loved watching them laugh at random videos. you can buy them on dvd pretty cheap these days.

yeah - picked up the complete box set a couple of weeks back, 10 DVDs inc the music, movie etc......class..
    just checked it there and it's €15.50 on Play, think I got it for a little cheaper than that......but still decent value....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Loved Beavis and Butthead. Enjoyed the movie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ah MTV was great during the 90's, used show shows like Beavis and Butthead, Daria and I think Celebrity Deathmatch. As well as that the music was great that they showed and it was a real pop culture phenomen. But now it's sh*t. These stupid ass shows The Hills, Pimp My Ride and those other shows are what's runing MTV. You hardly ever hear any music on it, and it just looks so watered down. It's like they've forgotten what MTV was all about and are just leeching off the simple minded and materialistic people who watch those shows which is basically bubblegum for the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Never liked them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Bungholes.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah MTV was great during the 90's, used show shows like Beavis and Butthead, Daria and I think Celebrity Deathmatch.

I think daria was at a later stage and Celebrity deathmatch came much later.

Around the time of B&B there were 2 other cartoons on mtv called 'the head' and 'the maxx'

Old Mtv ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Another favourite - Plantman

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I AM CORNHOLIO!!! I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What a great show and still remains one of my favourites, cannot believe it is that old, but more to the pity it doesn't run any-more. Last year in Edinburgh, in a small charity store, I found a VHS of 'The Head' for 50p and purchased it...that brought back some memories after all these years!

For a time when it was all much simpler

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Uncle Buck

Thanks for the tip, checked out play and bought - 15.49!!! Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Uncle Buck

Actually, just noticed that the EUR price is higher than the GBP price - €15.49 vs. £11.99. If you work it out that is about 0.77 when the current rate today is in around 0.89! Best to buy in STG.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I personally thought the show was brilliant myself,they're as much a part of my childhood as Bosco was.Turned me onto some music I may not have gotten into otherwise.
    17 years tho,where in the name Cornholio does the time go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

NIBBS wrote: »
    yeah - picked up the complete box set a couple of weeks back, 10 DVDs inc the music, movie etc......class..
    just checked it there and it's €15.50 on Play, think I got it for a little cheaper than that......but still decent value....

Hi can I ask where did you get the box set as I am looking to pick up dvd's or videos. Loved those shows got a great laugh from them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

steph1 wrote: »
    Hi can I ask where did you get the box set as I am looking to pick up dvd's or videos. Loved those shows got a great laugh from them :D
    http://www.sendit.com/dvd/beavis-and-butthead-collectors-edition/8621490.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I used to always watch this and tbh I never had a fcuking clue what was goin on.Program was absolute madness!

where in the name Cornholio does the time go!!!

are you disrespecting me? I need tea pee, tea pee for my bunghole!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

are you disrespecting me? I need tea pee, tea pee for my bunghole!:D

= Fail :D

Are you threatening me?!

Loved B&B. Nothing better than coming home drunk and sticking on the video with highlights of 120 Minutes and B&B episodes.

Dyflin wrote: »
    Are you threatening me?!

Fair cop. I'll have to get this boxset at somestage over the weekend, too many memories for me not to want to have a little piece of nostalgia around! And its so cheap everywhere I'd be mad not to grab it!

Fartknocker
    Dillweed
    Buttmunch
    Asswipe
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Around the time of B&B there were 2 other cartoons on mtv called 'the head' and 'the maxx'
    Heh. Hurh Hurh. He said "head". Heh Heh. :P

I can't remember where I first saw Happy Tree Friends - was it MTV? It is not for children or the squeamish ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah MTV was great during the 90's, used show shows like Beavis and Butthead, Daria and I think Celebrity Deathmatch. As well as that the music was great that they showed and it was a real pop culture phenomen. But now it's sh*t. These stupid ass shows The Hills, Pimp My Ride and those other shows are what's runing MTV. You hardly ever hear any music on it, and it just looks so watered down. It's like they've forgotten what MTV was all about and are just leeching off the simple minded and materialistic people who watch those shows which is basically bubblegum for the brain.

I miss Ray Cokes.

mtv_ray_cokes2_1991.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

beavis and butthead are back on mtv in october for a new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You know what, I might actually watch MTV now for a welcome change, seeing as Mike Judge is back with more. :) Can't wait to what these dillhole's will be like in october! I just hope the animation stays typically grainy as it was back in the original series, it was all part of Beavis and Butthead's awesomeness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Advertisement