Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IndyCar Series 2010

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

More concerned with Franchitti being in 11th. Seems the current aero package favours track position over everything else, they're gonna need something else from Chip's bag of tricks to keep the pressure on Power. Seems like it just ain't happening for Dario on the ovals this end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ganassi always use the full aero package, while Penske used the trimmed down version don't they?

Well, let's see who takes tyres and who doesn't at the end...

Aye but I'd say they'll all be wise to it this time. If I were outside the top 5 I'd probably pit about 5 laps short of where you could comfortably get to the end, save a lap or two of fuel and 4/5 laps of cautions and it's all peachy. Risky but they gotta do something unless they're happy to drift further back.
    The full aero (if they had it) didn't seem to do much good for Dario back in traffic last week though.

Ignore my last post, remembered they'd go a lap down if they tried that. :pac:

Does the Indy Lights be worth watching on ovals?

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Does the Indy Lights be worth watching on ovals?

Sometimes. There's not as much pack racing as in the IndyCars but you do still see a fair few battles on the track. Plus it's only ever about 40 minutes long, and it's a better spectacle than some of the crap on TV around the same time!

Just switched on, looks like I missed quite a crash.

Just switched on, looks like I missed quite a crash.

Same, only remembered about it when I saw the IndyCar Twitter mentioning it. Tuned in just before the end of the red flag.

Y'know, is it wrong for me to hope that Hélio gets DQ'd for some banal reason just so that Ed can get his win...?

2011 schedule released.

*yawn*

• Advertisement

Why they go and get rid of Chicagoland? :(

Why they go and get rid of Chicagoland? :(

Something about International Speedway Corporation and their promotion. Them and the IRL had a few differences of opinion, so the ISC tracks were removed.

Yeah, heard about the absence of the ISC tracks, have to admit that I can't imagine NASCAR getting away with the kind of domination they have in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

It seems to be getting more and more street/road course orientated every year. Was this not what the split was about?

f1dan wrote: »
    It seems to be getting more and more street/road course orientated every year. Was this not what the split was about?

Yup, it disappoints me somewhat. I don't know the numbers but I think there may be a confidence factor in it about taking on NASCAR with the ovals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Yup, it disappoints me somewhat. I don't know the numbers but I think there may be a confidence factor in it about taking on NASCAR with the ovals.

I'm not too sure what you mean but if was a confidence thing, why would they go and race at a NASCAR track in New Hampshire

f1dan wrote: »
    I'm not too sure what you mean but if was a confidence thing, why would they go and race at a NASCAR track in New Hampshire

The tracks owned by NASCAR I meant, and they seem to be diluting the ovals more and more as the crowds continue to fail to rise. They're claiming something about promotion as the reasons for not going back to the ISC tracks, but it's rare a statement like that can be taken purely at face value.

So, 12 points the gap going into Homestead. This should be fun.

I just feel like Power is due to beat Franchitti on an oval, think he's only finished ahead of him once in 7 races so far this year.

Well this is a disappointing end to the season :(

• Advertisement

Franchitti, **** off :mad:

**** it anyway, had to read up on it because I'll be watching something from 7am from Australia and they'd definitely mention the result if Power won. Sounds like a pretty kickass race, very annoyed at myself for missing it, was as sure as I've ever been about anything that it wasn't on until tomorrow. :(

Advertisement