Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IndyCar Series 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FFS. :( Looking forward to 3 races today and ended up with 1. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

f1dan wrote: »
    Just looked at the starting grid. 1st to 23rd covered by 1.4 seconds...........and then Milka Duno another 5.5 seconds back.

Is her car worse or is the lack of talent that obvious?

No, she's just crap. Well OK, no she's not crap, but she's only ever been on the ovals before, so she's new to the road circuits, and it's obviously taking her a while to adjust.

It can't be the machinery otherwise Alex Lloyd would also be way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

TheChrisD wrote: »
    No, she's just crap. Well OK, no she's not crap, but she's only ever been on the ovals before, so she's new to the road circuits, and it's obviously taking her a while to adjust.

It can't be the machinery otherwise Alex Lloyd would also be way back.

She's pretty crap on ovals too.

All the adjusting in the world isn't going to make Milka Duno fast.

LOL at Milka.

Great start to the race after the messiness at the start.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Also, keep your eyes peeled for the Indy Lights at Barber in two weeks ;)

Alright, I can spill now :P

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niall-Quinn/99822108966?v=wall&story_fbid=382763658966&ref=mf

• Advertisement

How'd Niall get on in the Lights race?

Grand Prix of Alabama on right now, Power looks too damn good again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think Niall qualified 7th not bad considering he had zero testing from what I heard. Ill find out more details tomorrow.

Finished 14th of 17, last of the runners on the lead lap. Full race result here

Yup, quali'd 7th - race wasn't so great as the balance of the car went away on the long run on full fuel.
    The cautions didn't help by bunching up the field and then having a gaggle of five cars all swamping him up.
    Plus they gave him a drive-through for blocking, despite it being his one and only change of line to defend his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Highlights of the Indy Lights race

GJ to Hunter-Reay. Missed the first two thirds of the race, but it looked like he deserved it.

Also, nice one for Niall, finishing 9th in the Lights after starting at the back arse of the field :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Adam Carroll to race for Andretti Autosport.
    April 29, 2010 – Andretti Autosport announced today it signed 2009 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport champion Adam Carroll to drive a limited schedule of IZOD IndyCar Series events in the second half of the 2010 season.

http://www.andrettiautosport.com/News_April2010.html#News_April_29_2010

Good luck to him :cool:

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Adam Carroll to race for Andretti Autosport.

http://www.andrettiautosport.com/News_April2010.html#News_April_29_2010

Good luck to him :cool:

Fair play to him. :) Pity he won't be in for Indy, should be funny seeing him trying to negotiate the ovals though. :pac:

Sky not showing tonight's race live? FFS I was looking forward to getting onto the ovals.
    Mind you, with the amount of sport this weekend I wouldn't have had a chance to watch it til tomorrow anyway. :pac:

Decent enough race despite Dixon's dominance. Whole month til the next race at Indy alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Felt a bit sorry for Sato

Watched it on the website, but hard to follow with the radio commentry they use and trackside camera

I just left it til Sky's coverage overnight and recorded it.
    Some great driving from Sato til his accident, he looked to be completely innocent in it as well.

I didn't get to see the Sato/Mutoh incident. The video feed on timing and scoring had a major skip and all of a sudden I just see a damaged Mutoh sitting on the apron and thinking WTF happened.

EDIT: Highlights hurrah!

EDIT EDIT: Crummy radio commentary because ABC were the broadcasters... I want the Versus team :(

So, Helio on pole.

Anyone else sense a 4-peat coming up?

Now that was a nail-biting finish to the qualifying. Very confusing with the withdrawal of times, and Saavedra making it back into the field despite having been beaten by two drivers and crashing an hour before the end.

Have to feel for both Jay Howard and Paul Tracy. Technicalities with withdrawing times took them both out when one could've gotten in.

Tracy not in the 500? :( That makes me a sad panda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

amacachi wrote: »
    Tracy not in the 500? :( That makes me a sad panda.

I'm so conflicted. I hate the guy, but he's such a character i wish he had qualified. Amazingly stupid decision on the teams part though.

gs39t wrote: »
    I'm so conflicted. I hate the guy, but he's such a character i wish he had qualified. Amazingly stupid decision on the teams part though.

What happened? I haven't followed the qualifying and don't know what convoluted system they have for it.
    I'm the same, I don't like him but he should be there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

What happened? I haven't followed the qualifying and don't know what convoluted system they have for it.

Qualifying for Indy is kinda complicated. A bit like to rules to most American sports.

Basically the first 24 places are set on Pole Day with place 25 to 33 set on Bump Day.

PT didn't set a fastest enough time on Pole Day so he got another shot on Bump Day.

On Bump Day he wasn't happy with the time he had set so elected to withdraw his time and have another run. Now unlike F1 and all the other tracks on the Indycar calender, if you decide to have another go at Indy, the time you previously set is wiped.

He abandoned the run as wasn't going fast enough so at the end of the day had no time set when the clock ran out.

Ironically the first time he set would have been fast enough for him to qualify.

Dammit, f***ing ninja'd...

With about an hour left in quali, Saavedra was on the bubble, and crashed in practice. Howard and Tracy were in the field; Sato, Kanaan, Lazier and Duno were not yet in the field.

TK qualified, bumping Saavedra. Romancini now on bubble.
    Lazier too slow.
    Romancini withdrew, requalified 27th. Howard on bubble.
    Sato bumped Howard. Tracy on bubble.
    Howard too slow.
    Tracy withdrew, but was too slow to requalify and waved off his attempt. This put Howard back on the bubble.

At this stage, the qualifying line was Howard - Tracy. The order of speed was Howard (33rd) - Saavedra. Tracy had no time as he waved off his attempt, and after having withdrawn his time, had no time.

With less than 2 minutes to go, this meant that either Howard could withdraw his time and go back out, or he could pull out of line to give Tracy a shot. As he was on the bubble, basically it was his choice whether his involvement in the 500 was down to his driving or Tracy's driving. The team decided that it would be best in Howard's hands, so they withdrew the time and took the final run of the day.

He was too slow. This put Saavedra back in the field despite having a crashed car.

Indy this evening! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Indy this evening! ^_^

Does the race start at 6 pm?

Does the race start at 6 pm?

That's the official start time yes.
    According to a quick google it's currently sunny, but the forecast isn't fantastic. :(

I hate her.

Goddamnit I really wish I were there, it looks so ****in kickass.

Kanaan up to 5th. Funny old race so far.

• Advertisement

If anyone's reading this could ye tell me what happened to Dixon?

Also Power back up to 8th, looks like the commentators may have been a bit quick to decide he was out of it. ^_^

Advertisement