Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Lunacy from Your Country Your Call

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You're missing the point, if you want to go somewhere nice and landscaped, i.e. completely un-natural, stay in the Green or go to either the Peoples Gardens or cross the Liffey to the War Memorial Park.

So what makes a good park now is aesthetics and fakery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

JHMEG wrote: »
    Even Stephen's Green is far nicer and has more to see than the PP..

"Nicer" in what way, it feels cramped and busy and compact. Now I like it but the PP is so much nicer, more open and feel less "stuffed full of junk"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sorry, but if the PP was outside a city it'd be called a field. Some of use just expect more from our Parks.

Sorry, but if the PP was outside a city it'd be called a field. Some of use just expect more from our Parks.

to be totally fake and engineered?

to be totally fake and engineered?

Aside from the grass there's nothing natural about the PP. Do you think the Garda HQ was grown from a seed that arrived on the wind?

• Advertisement

You're hilarious JHMEG, you obviously can't see the wood for the trees ! You obviously have no understanding of what constitutes a field.

Aside from the grass there's nothing natural about the PP. Do you think the Garda HQ was grown from a seed that arrived on the wind?

yes of course I do and the presidents house got was planted the day the state was founded as a 2 bed cottage. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How about an answer that doesn't make you sound like a 6 year old. You know perfectly well what I meant by "fake and engineered" in regards to Stephens Green.

Ara lads relax. It's not my fault it's shíte, and that I have higher standards than ye :D

Bloody modernist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭FlameoftheWest

That's the issue really. As for it being wild well I can only assume the people who call it wild have never been in the wild. It's an aristocratic version of "the wild".

• Advertisement

That's the issue really. As for it being wild well I can only assume the people who call it wild have never been in the wild. It's an aristocratic version of "the wild".

Or "the wild" but with stabilisers still attached.

It is what it is, there you go again with your sweeping generalisations Flame. By their nature people who use the park regularly are well aware of what the 'real' wild is like.

There's not pleasing you two, it's either not sanitised enough for you, or else not 'proper' wild, you don't seem to know what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

...:cool: although there are those Irish natives who think anything outside their own usual pint will decry this as weird.
    I have been derided as such on wikihow for some of my own ideas. Still I have persisted and some of my articles have a following. For instance see here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Video-of-Your-Model-Railway-Onboard-a-Carriage-With-a-5Th-Gen-Ipod-Nano

I have been derided for other articles I posted like this, but it has paid off in the end and my articles are being read!

Best of luck dude

Or "the wild" but with stabilisers still attached.

and what would you lot know about "wild" anyway. There is no-where in ireland apart from maybe the remotest Island that is truely wild.

Everywhere is managed, no where has the correct original vegetation or animals left fully intact and there's very very few places you can go and be more than 3-4km from a road.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The Phoenix Park is similar to Berlin's Tiergarten - large green areas that are interspersed with the odd formal building. The Tiergarten isn't a formal park (with flowers and manicured lawns) but is very popular for walking, running and communal picnics.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

I must agree with other contributors who criticise the Phoenix Park. It must be one of the dreariest urban parks I have ever visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I grew up beside Lough Key Forest Park. Phoenix Park has virtually nothing by comparison.

Lough Key's a boring old ****hole compared to the Amazon rainforest.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Is that the one in Talla, just off the Old Bawn? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Ernest wrote: »
    I must agree with other contributors who criticise the Phoenix Park. It must be one of the dreariest urban parks I have ever visited.

I disagree. to me its one of the few places in this city that you are reminded of the property mess that will cost us for decades. touching the park, would have been the last straw for me!

I would walk through it come rain or shine with the music in the ears constantly.to me its a fairly serene place!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

You're looking at things backwards Judgement day. The new NRA idea is the coming thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

arn't we lucky we have you guys to protect us from railway lunacy, wheres would we be without you, my heros!

Advertisement