Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyingfinn

Ive not heard anything yet either and i thought my skype interview went well so just hoping they still have to contact people

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ecred

i have not heard anything either - hoping there is more than just one day of interviews in Dublin. .....................

• Registered Users Posts: 17 star92

I got an interview for Thursday and got sent a contract :D

congrats! Not looking too good for the rest of us then...........

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Anyone else a bit pissed off at the lack of communication from sabis?

• Advertisement

Very pissed off.............would be nice to know one way or the other. I may send the HR dept an email tomorrow enquiring............

ecred wrote: »
    Very pissed off.............would be nice to know one way or the other. I may send the HR dept an email tomorrow enquiring............

I was more or less guaranteed a face to face interview back when I did my phone interview and now nothing. No contact or anything. It's not an acceptable way to treat people

• Registered Users Posts: 17 star92

ecred wrote: »
    congrats! Not looking too good for the rest of us then...........

Thanks! Don't give up hope though, I'm sure ull hear back soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mregan22

hey I just heard this morning that I have an interview next week.. anyone else have an interview on friday? theres still time for everyone to hear!!

Congrats Megan. To be honest I'm just really annoyed at the lack of communication. I don't understand why they can't just email people around the same time to say yes you are having an interview or no you are not having an interview. It is highly unprofessional of them. I haven't heard anything for while now despite being told that I would have an interview and being asked where I want the interview to take place

• Advertisement

Thanks when did u have your skype interview?

I only had my skype interview Feb 3rd so maybe they are notifying people in order of the skype interviews. Here's hoping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RichTea123

Hi all,

I had my Skype interview last Monday (the 10th), I had to reschedule my original interview for personal reasons. At end of interview I asked when would I know if I was successful or not through to the next stage, he said I would know in a few weeks,

He said I will probably be too late for face to face interviews but they may come back to Ireland again later in the year but if they don't I may just have to do another Skype interview. My HR manager notified me this week that Sabis were looking for a reference so I am taking that as positive.

If I don't hear anything from them in the next week or so, I will drop them an email and enquire but just got to be patient and positive.

Best of luck to anyone waiting for news, remember it is only March! I know a friend of a friend who got offered Dubai last August so stay positive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lauretta86

They rang me today and told me I have to fill out all the forms asap that they emailed me. They only emailed them two days ago. I don't know what that means but doesn't guarda clearance take a few weeks?

lauretta86 wrote: »
    They rang me today and told me I have to fill out all the forms asap that they emailed me. They only emailed them two days ago. I don't know what that means but doesn't guarda clearance take a few weeks?

when i applied for my garda clearance it took 5 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roismagosh

I was sent an email with the contract and my interview was for half two tomorrow, I say was because Mazen rang me at four today telling me I was being pushed froward to half eleven. I said ok cos Im getting the train into Heuston at half ten. Then he rang back and said I'd be in at ten am..but I pushed it back to half eleven. I think I'm prepared..i hoping to get Dubai if Im lucky. A bit nervous now though all the same.

Roismagosh wrote: »
    I was sent an email with the contract and my interview was for half two tomorrow, I say was because Mazen rang me at four today telling me I was being pushed froward to half eleven. I said ok cos Im getting the train into Heuston at half ten. Then he rang back and said I'd be in at ten am..but I pushed it back to half eleven. I think I'm prepared..i hoping to get Dubai if Im lucky. A bit nervous now though all the same.

good luck! And let us know how it goes .. I have mine Friday...

good luck to you all. I still have heard nothing. Anyone else know if the interviews are continuing into next week and has anyone been notified this week about next week???? Would be good to know one way or the other.

Havent heard anything either, still hoping!

Well, that's me out of the race. I got the ole thank you for your continued interest, if a suitable vacancy comes up bla bla bla

I had to send three emails and ring them to get that response

Very dissapointed as I was told I would have a face to face interview on the phone by the recruiter back in September, and told by email back in January that they would email me the date and time for the face to face interview.

They really do treat people like crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MissSilly

Johnny i got the same email... Thought i would defo be offered a position goin from skype interview. Completin PDE at the mo so its a bit strange that we didnt?:-/

Had the interview today. It was extremely informal, very easy going and relaxed. More or less if you have the interview you get the job. Dubai isnt being offered as an option but that didnt bother me. I signed the contract then and there. I was told he'd email me a blank email and I had to send back four choices of schools i wanted and they'd try to give me my preference. They seem to prefer non PDE students...well I got that impression....

Had the interview today. It was extremely informal, very easy going and relaxed. More or less if you have the interview you get the job. Dubai isnt being offered as an option but that didnt bother me. I signed the contract then and there. I was told he'd email me a blank email and I had to send back four choices of schools i wanted and they'd try to give me my preference. They seem to prefer non PDE students...well I got that impression....

could you explain how you mean informal?? What questioned were you asked ?

[QUOTE= They seem to prefer non PDE students...well I got that impression....[/QUOTE]

Pity they don't tell us teachers that from the beginning...would save alot of time and work collecting all the documents needed etc.

Strange! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nizmiah

Hi Everyone,

i had my 2nd skype interview with Tarek and felt it went really well.

He mentioned that i would have a face to face interview in April and they would notify me.

I've sent two email since, but have not had any reply as yet.

does anyone know when the London interviews begin?

Thanks

Niz

He just chatted about his experience..how you thought about how we teach here compared to SABIS...then asked if you'd be comfortable in new culture. He joked about my dip in human rights..so the conversation was sociological basically..he jokes and really eases your nerves. It's relaxed...I think for some PDE students it's the different methods that can be difficult to overcome but I know a few PDE students who are now going. I know of some who's references didn't get done.

He just chatted about his experience..how you thought about how we teach here compared to SABIS...then asked if you'd be comfortable in new culture. He joked about my dip in human rights..so the conversation was sociological basically..he jokes and really eases your nerves. It's relaxed...I think for some PDE students it's the different methods that can be difficult to overcome but I know a few PDE students who are now going. I know of some who's references didn't get done.

was it a one to one interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vanilla_bean

Did you choose your schools yet? Do your research into the locations, PM me if you want advice.

• Advertisement

Has anyone who is not a PDE student heard back re face to face interviews?

Advertisement