Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Moved In - What Are Our Options for Moving Out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

irishbird wrote: »

otherwise you only other alternative is to move into the country.

I'll await the slurry thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I live there and I'm saying it is noisy. It's impossible to convey this on a forum and the video isn't completely accurate. Regardless of that it's gone way off topic.

The question I originally asked is 'As we haven't signed a lease yet, can we finish out our month there and get our deposit back?'.

~
    Before doing anything too drastic like breaking a lease I think you should invite us all 'round to yours for a sleep over KH. Speeping bags, flash lamps, noise measuring equipment, teddy bears and cola bottles. Let others measure your misery as you might (just might) at this stage be being either unreasonable or have to high an expectation of silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

TBH that is normal for your own water pump.
    Mine is like that - but I cannot hear anyone elses, beside me or up above me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Surely with the amount of experience you have had with rentals of late, YOU know the answer to that?

I live there and I'm saying it is noisy. It's impossible to convey this on a forum and the video isn't completely accurate. Regardless of that it's gone way off topic.

The question I originally asked is 'As we haven't signed a lease yet, can we finish out our month there and get our deposit back?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Er... new one to me; is this still a country joy to come? Add also the favourite executlive toy of farmers. THE DIGGER. They are rapidly waking from hibernation and have bred well and produced young...

Oh, you mean muck-spreading?

;)
    mikom wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

mikom wrote: »
    hp hip horray
    i am in the country, these days the slurry is making a pretty flurry in our noses, country perfume i call it, fine dirty healthy smell, from now till the end of may we will have this perfume on and off, if you open windows in it come, then when you close them in the evening, it lingers, but that is country living, all part of life, i am not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

And the answer is yes, since you haven't signed anything you can leave without legal recourse. But you would be screwing over your new landlord who will probably be shocked and rather disappointed.

Also, if a neighbour in an apartment building had ever asked me not to flush the toilet after 10 pm I would have thought they were absolutely barking.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I have quite a noisy pump in my apartment, as do most built in the last 4 or 5 years to get decent water pressure. Surprised you haven't seen it before, I used to always checked the water pressure everywhere I looked at renting and therefore the pump noise. If you are looking at houses, you'll find similar pumps in a lot of modern houses also.

As noted above you've signed nothing, but you have handed over a deposit, I can't imagine the landlord being in a rush to hand it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Graces7 wrote: »
    Er... new one to me; is this still a country joy to come? Add also the favourite executlive toy of farmers. THE DIGGER. They are rapidly waking from hibernation and have bred well and produced young...

Slurry from animals on slats.
    Muck spreading from bedded animals.
    Depends on how the local farmers are housing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Graces7 wrote: »

;)

Farmers with diggers? Not a common sight at all... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I think it would be very unfair on the LL.
    I assume they have taken the apt off daft (or wherever it was advertised) on the basis that you have agreed to move in.
    I also think that they have provided you with exactly the product /service advertised ie. Apt as described.
    I know if I was the LL I would try to prove the contract was executed when you moved in and there was no trial period agreed.
    OP, all jokes aside. I think you will find it very difficult to find any accomodation that is perfectly quiet but I wish you the best in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

goat2 wrote: »
    i am a person who rent out a property, if and when i come across people who make mountains out of molehills, i would rather not have them in the first place, as down the line they would be knocking on my door for every small problem that would prop up,

Not at all, as stated we're very easy going people. We did very specifically mention to the landlord that we wanted somewhere quiet, that that was our absolute main priority in looking for a property. We made this very clear.

In all other respects a landlord normally wouldn't hear from us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not at all, as stated we're very easy going people. We did very specifically mention to the landlord that we wanted somewhere quiet, that that was our absolute main priority in looking for a property. We made this very clear.

In all other respects a landlord normally wouldn't hear from us.

Your definition of quiet maybe different to his.

In my apartment block I could here my downstairs neighbors tank. No issue there. You get over it. Its a background noise.

It used to get to the stage that if I went to the jacks in the middle of the night the flush would wake some up down stairs but it was never an issue.

Advertisement