Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignment 32 - Public Transport Portrait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

IMG_5842.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

OK someone has to say it: "your either really short, kneeling or HIP SHOT.":D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

^ or sitting....?

Sitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

what ethnicity are you !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,040 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

warder6161 wrote: »
    what ethnicity are you !!!!!!!

As long as it's not Na'vi (from Avatar) he should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sprinkles wrote: »
    QUOTE]

100% hip shot. you were STANDING on the opposite side of the door area possibly up againts the wall ( the same as the guy in the picture ) with your camera firmly stuck to your hip

if i knew how to get the data from the picture i would get the lens lenght and confirm it from there. :p

As long as it's not Na'vi (from Avatar) he should be ok

he does look a bit blue alright

Martron wrote: »

100% hip shot. you were STANDING on the opposite side of the door area possibly up againts the wall ( the same as the guy in the picture ) with your camera firmly stuck to your hip

if i knew how to get the data from the picture i would get the lens lenght and confirm it from there. :p
    Haha, I was sitting sideways on the back seats beside the door - the camera is about his chest height... or maybe I'm just 4ft tall :)

Here's one after I stood up....

IMG_5832.jpg

same thing......... you were not looking through the view finder. and if you were standing , hip height is the same as chest height while sitting...........

Hip shot!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Cabin crew - you're not allowed photograph them - or so she told me. Tough!

E080BC7660E7487BBA8B6004F178A2C7-500.jpg

Inspired by ThOnda :D

D48EFAB006024EF5802D09185FC8D73B.jpg

Martron wrote: »
    same thing......... you were not looking through the view finder. and if you were standing , hip height is the same as chest height while sitting...........

Hip shot!
    Not really. The first shot was at eye level while I was sitting - it's at the subjects chest level - above hip level. Second shot I was standing in the position you thought I was for the first. None of the shots were taken at hip level - not least because my camera bag sits at chest level anyway.

Edit: FYI Both shots were with a 20mm lens taken with a 400D

Our tram driver.

D7BE0743449F402BAB7A39661788CCFE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

*Observation*

Five Six (pullandbang just sneaked in :D) entries to date and nearly all of them have 5-6 post after explaining why they do or do not qualify. Next time can we keep the T&C's a little less restrictive?
    pete4130 wrote: »
    *It has to be taken of someone of a different ethnicity than you are if possible.
    ^ = post-5758-1225601204.gif Could you image if the T&C's say the pic must be somebody of an african decent? There would be uproar! This stipulation is boardline if you ask me...

rant_over.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3 crusoee78

Hey not sure if this competition will be held only online?? :cool:

crusoee78 wrote: »
    Hey not sure if this competition will be held only online?? :cool:

Not really much of a competition.:P
    Most just a bit of fun held right here, only here and no where else.:eek:

Could you image if the T&C's say the pic must be somebody of an african decent? There would be uproar! This stipulation is boardline if you ask me...

Hey, me tram driver is definitely not "Oirish" and I think the air hostess is from Leitrim - so they both qualify :D

This is it, my last one - promise.

D0A3BF00248C42B9B90FB8E263983B3F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Pity someone from another ethnic group didn't capture this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055053248

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

*Observation*

Five Six (pullandbang just sneaked in :D) entries to date and nearly all of them have 5-6 post after explaining why they do or do not qualify. Next time can we keep the T&C's a little less restrictive?

^ = post-5758-1225601204.gif Could you image if the T&C's say the pic must be somebody of an african decent? There would be uproar! This stipulation is boardline if you ask me...

Borderline what?

Technically we are all of African descent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

One of my measley attempts on the way back from the film meetup.

4443908076_32d3701933.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

pete4130 wrote: »
    Borderline what?

Technically we are all of African descent.....

Seriously these assignments are suppossed to be a bit of fun, calm yourself down a tad, no need to be narky and to be going saying things like "technically" in a suppossedly fun assignment. Chill out..:rolleyes:

Yeah, I would have thought that the idea of the assignment was to encourage everyone to go out there and shoot shoot shoot.

Not to discourage.

That the concept of this 'challenge' wanted us to take a photo on a bus/train/luas- and that the photo had to be taken (in 80% of cases) of a non Irish person, whose permission could not be sought, seems quite bizarre indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

IMO this assignment has humbled most of us, congrats to those who have produced shots for it.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    IMO this assignment has humbled most of us, congrats to those who have produced shots for it.

I would say that pixbyjohn and pullandbang are way up there as my favourite contributors overall to the photography end of things here on Boardsie

But to say that this assignment has humbled most of us just takes the toffee pop.

21c87k7.jpg

(€1 euro for a pack at Spar):):pac::pac::pac:

keps wrote: »
    But to say that this assignment has humbled most of us does take the toffee pop.

(€1 euro for a pack at Spar):):pac::pac::pac:

Not at my local one, they don't even have them in stock.:(:mad:

Apologies to all - I really should not have got involved in this thread- had a few beers at a ' virtual cheltenham' afternoon and stuck my nose in where it was not warranted.

Sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

sikahunter wrote: »

Well, they're obviously just terrorist peedos!

Advertisement